Lincoln Heights: Castmembers Talk about TV Show Cancellation

Lincoln HeightsIt was recently revealed that ABC Family had decided to cancel Lincoln Heights after four seasons. What do the actors think about the news, that they won’t be going back to film a fifth round of episodes? The answer might surprise you.

Lincoln Heights revolves around Officer Eddie Sutton (Russell Hornsby) and his family who move back to his old neighborhood. The rest in the cast include Erica Hubbard, Nikki Micheaux, Rhyon Brown, Mishon Ratliff, Robert Adamson, and Michael Reilly Burke.

Fans of the ABC Family series may be very upset that Lincoln Heights isn’t continuing but some of the actors seem to be okay with it. While they’re disappointed that their time on the series is over, they’re mostly grateful to have been a part of it.

Adamson, who plays neighbor and boyfriend Charles Antoni on the show, wrote, “I haven’t posted my thoughts about the recent Cancellation of Lincoln Heights, simply because I haven’t really known what to say. I am at peace with it. All good things must come to an end and Lincoln Heights was a great thing. I was given a character of real depth and purpose, not simply a pawn or tool to push a storyline or agenda. You have no idea how rare that is for a man of my age. I believe the story has been told. It was told with passion, vigor, and with the committed convictions of the writers. They were all unique with a dedicated voice. I only ever wanted to be truthful in my portrayal of Charles, because I have so much respect for the hardworking cast and crew. I learned much. I’m sure there are those out there who are disappointed with ABC Family’s decision to pull the show. Don’t be. TV/Film Entertainment is a business. The show is and will remain a success.”

Brown posted a video on YouTube to express her feelings. Take a look…

What do you think? Do you agree or disagree with the actors? Are you upset that the show is over or just thankful that it survived for four seasons?

Canceled and renewed TV show

158 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Nijah says

im so sad lincoln heights got cancelled it was a really good show i could really relate to it and its jus sad its very few tv shows that portray a stong black family going through real life issues and now its gone…:-(

2. Rosie ROse says

the show was really good i was always waiting to see when it was gonna start again i was sad to hear it had finished ~~ they should continue it its really good

3. Sybil Williams says

I cannot believe that this show is over I just started watching it this season not knowing it would be cancelled the other day. It was like an ending to my weekday everynight. I was so upset when it didnt come on thursday, hoping nothing happened to one of the cast members. I have not liked a show so much since I used to watch the daytime stories many years ago. I cannot believe it! I am so through with getting attached to tv shows that cancel without an explanation, this is not good! I wish I knew who was responsible, like who would cancel a show like this and why?! Guess I gotta move on I will miss my favorite characters which was everyone and the suspense of finding out what happened next? Everyday!

4. pam h. says

the fianale showed thursday, i just started watching it and fell in love with it, and i just started so i missed 3 seasons. i hate that tv1 started on 4th season..

5. rhonda horton says

This is a typical move by the abc network to cancel a black positive show. I am not surprised by this decision because we still live in a racist society.

6. yvette hester says

i know iam a late but i think that s a horrible idea to take away Lincoln Heights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hate the idea. i still continue to watch the show on tv one every night i love this show and it breaks my heart to see it go. i love you lincoln heights cast and crew i will forever and always be your number one fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. FAN#1 says

I am very upset about them cancen the show.I think BET should by the show because I still wanna watch Lincoln Heights.

8. dana says

its really sad that they canceled this show. It somewhat reminded me of the Cosby show being that it dealt with issues that kids really face today. It was great to see another black family that portrayed in a positive light. Honestly we need more of that.

9. says

I think you should not cancel it be cause the show is really good and graet i like the show and so does many others so plz make it continue on.

10. justine says

they shouildnt have left it hanging. they should of summed up the show a bit.
    i mean ive been dying wondering whats gunnaa happen next!

11. Greg says

erika young…. AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

I’ve been trying to get this message out. If we want more we need to start at the top.
    OWNERSHIP OF MAJOR BROADCAST COMPANIES!!!!!

Otherwise we have to put up with news and shows from FOX that donate money to Republicans!!!!