Lincoln Heights: Castmembers Talk about TV Show Cancellation

Lincoln HeightsIt was recently revealed that ABC Family had decided to cancel Lincoln Heights after four seasons. What do the actors think about the news, that they won’t be going back to film a fifth round of episodes? The answer might surprise you.

Lincoln Heights revolves around Officer Eddie Sutton (Russell Hornsby) and his family who move back to his old neighborhood. The rest in the cast include Erica Hubbard, Nikki Micheaux, Rhyon Brown, Mishon Ratliff, Robert Adamson, and Michael Reilly Burke.

Fans of the ABC Family series may be very upset that Lincoln Heights isn’t continuing but some of the actors seem to be okay with it. While they’re disappointed that their time on the series is over, they’re mostly grateful to have been a part of it.

Adamson, who plays neighbor and boyfriend Charles Antoni on the show, wrote, “I haven’t posted my thoughts about the recent Cancellation of Lincoln Heights, simply because I haven’t really known what to say. I am at peace with it. All good things must come to an end and Lincoln Heights was a great thing. I was given a character of real depth and purpose, not simply a pawn or tool to push a storyline or agenda. You have no idea how rare that is for a man of my age. I believe the story has been told. It was told with passion, vigor, and with the committed convictions of the writers. They were all unique with a dedicated voice. I only ever wanted to be truthful in my portrayal of Charles, because I have so much respect for the hardworking cast and crew. I learned much. I’m sure there are those out there who are disappointed with ABC Family’s decision to pull the show. Don’t be. TV/Film Entertainment is a business. The show is and will remain a success.”

Brown posted a video on YouTube to express her feelings. Take a look…

What do you think? Do you agree or disagree with the actors? Are you upset that the show is over or just thankful that it survived for four seasons?

dimples March 15, 2012 at 2:23 pm

I have been watchin this show sense 06 i fell in love right away this show made me wanna become an actress everyone says i look like lizzy i always wanted a family like this i wonder why it got cancled?

ivy February 20, 2012 at 9:04 pm

bring it back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mariano dixon February 13, 2012 at 8:54 pm

i fill if the show was on fox or another big station it will still be on air like many pepole we are just seeing it and falling in love with it i admit i was one of those pepole i glance at it a couple of time i raley ever watch abc family but when i got netflix i was like this looks good and boy was i right i felt there pain in every way they captuerd the characters and brung thim to life i was hopeing too see them move on in life lol the little brother was singing so good i thought they was going too make a spinoff show with him lol i wanted to see charles and cassie really get married and see thir collage years but i guess that will not happen i fill if i would have watch when they were airing my views could have chang the man in office mind and not cancelle the show sorry to you guys but i truly love this show hey maybe one day they will come come back till then.

AUDRIS VALDEZ January 31, 2012 at 10:32 pm

I WAS DISAPPOINTED WHEN I SEARCHED FOR THE SHOWING OF THE UPCOMING SEASON AND WAS SAD TO SEE IT WAS CANCELLED. I WATCHED IT ON NETFLIX IN LESS THAN A WEEK. ALOT OF THE EVENTS THAT OCCURED DURING THIS SHOW ARE ALL TRUE AND RELATE TO ALOT OF US PEOPLE. THEY NEED MORE POSITIVE SHOWS ABOUT THE REAL WORLD OUT THERE. I THINK IF THEY ADVERTISE IT WELL ENOUGH THEY WOULD GET GOOD RATINGS. DONT JUST ADVERTISE ON ABC BUT OTHER CHANNELS AS WELL. TV ONE, BET, MTV LIFETIME, DISNEY, NICK, IF YOU ADVERTISE ON THESE CHANNELS YOUR RATINGS WILL GO UP! ADVERTISE IT DURING SHOWS THAT HAVE HIGH RATINGS. PLEASE BRING LINCOLN HEIGHTS BACK! ME AND MY SON LOVE WATCHING IT.

BY LINCOLN HEIGHTS LOVER!

Kyle tolliver January 26, 2012 at 5:18 am

Bring it back! This show had a strong script of everyday real life drama!
My God! What’s wrong with Whitie-Wood?
This show was awesome! Sure, Had it’s moments of irritation with Erica Hubbard and Charles drama but Mr Edie (real time) Sutton made the show interesting with his no-nonsense cop attitude! I liked the way Mr. sutton took care of business. I thoroughly enjoyed the talent displayed by the Kids (Lizzie. And Jr singing) There was Tre Songz (as a guest appearance)on the show! Richard Round Tree!! you couldn’t go wrong.

Willy.. Los angeles January 14, 2012 at 10:55 am

It was a great show!. Sad it ended!!!!

Tracy Williams December 8, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Oh my goodness, please bring lincoln heights back I love this family. Close net family like this is what its all about. I just watched all 43 episodes on netflix and I cried when the last episode ended. That song tay did was so woooooow!!!! lost for words. I’m sure he will be the nest trey songz…BRING THEM BACK

CURLY December 7, 2011 at 8:29 am

I JUST RECENTLY STARTED WATCHING RERUNS OF THE SHOW ON TVONE AND I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT.I’M SO UPSET THAT ITS NOT COMING BACK. FROM THE WRITERS TO STORY LINE ITSELF,IT TOUCH BASE ON EVERY PART OF REALTY. THE YOUNG CAST IS SO TALENTED AS WELL AS THE OLDER CAST MEMBERS,SPRINGLE IN A FEW VETERAN ACTORS RICHARD ROUNDTREE,MICHEAL WARREN,MARLA GIBBS ETC.THIS MAKES FOR A WONDERFUL SHOW,THAT NEEDS TO COME BACK TO TELEVISION.

Being Touched November 8, 2011 at 3:07 am

Thank you Charles…you said it all! “The show is and will remain a success”. Have an adventurous life everyone!…being touched 11/8/2011

A.M. September 25, 2011 at 1:25 am

It was a great show I watched it every week with my family…Wish they would have at least let it have a proper ending.

Dontay September 14, 2011 at 1:43 pm

This show hits home and connects with people with real life issues. The creators and script writers are brilliant. This show should be brought back it’s one of the better shows that TV has to offer.

rolanda dixon September 12, 2011 at 9:19 am

bring back lincoln heights. lincoln heights was a excellent show.they put on garbarge . some of these shows are not good at all.

bri August 20, 2011 at 3:19 pm

BRING IT BACK ON!!!! CAN CANT JUST END IT THE WAY YOU DID. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!

Kc August 1, 2011 at 3:44 pm

I’m not surprise it was cancel, we are talking about a show with a african american cast,
holloywood just not ready for that. The Cosby show was enough wow nothing every
changes, i watch all epsiode please bring back. It’s better than all those trash reality
shows they have on now. Everyone has drama who cares, we need somee wholesome family show please bring back!!!!!!!!

Iragha July 19, 2011 at 6:01 am

I watched all 4 episodes of Lincoln Heights on Netflix. I was wandering why there were only 43 episodes, only to find out the show was cancelled. My hobby and I loved this family sitcom series and watched all 43 episodes in less than 1 week. It was full of reality that regular people like us could relate to, pain, suffering, tragedy, violence, war, inspiration, community service, discipline and family purpose. This show was obviously based on a brilliantly written script, brilliant directors and a brilliant cast. This show is symbolic in every way and please, it needs to come back on air!