Lincoln Heights: Castmembers Talk about TV Show Cancellation

Lincoln HeightsIt was recently revealed that ABC Family had decided to cancel Lincoln Heights after four seasons. What do the actors think about the news, that they won’t be going back to film a fifth round of episodes? The answer might surprise you.

Lincoln Heights revolves around Officer Eddie Sutton (Russell Hornsby) and his family who move back to his old neighborhood. The rest in the cast include Erica Hubbard, Nikki Micheaux, Rhyon Brown, Mishon Ratliff, Robert Adamson, and Michael Reilly Burke.

Fans of the ABC Family series may be very upset that Lincoln Heights isn’t continuing but some of the actors seem to be okay with it. While they’re disappointed that their time on the series is over, they’re mostly grateful to have been a part of it.

Adamson, who plays neighbor and boyfriend Charles Antoni on the show, wrote, “I haven’t posted my thoughts about the recent Cancellation of Lincoln Heights, simply because I haven’t really known what to say. I am at peace with it. All good things must come to an end and Lincoln Heights was a great thing. I was given a character of real depth and purpose, not simply a pawn or tool to push a storyline or agenda. You have no idea how rare that is for a man of my age. I believe the story has been told. It was told with passion, vigor, and with the committed convictions of the writers. They were all unique with a dedicated voice. I only ever wanted to be truthful in my portrayal of Charles, because I have so much respect for the hardworking cast and crew. I learned much. I’m sure there are those out there who are disappointed with ABC Family’s decision to pull the show. Don’t be. TV/Film Entertainment is a business. The show is and will remain a success.”

Brown posted a video on YouTube to express her feelings. Take a look…

What do you think? Do you agree or disagree with the actors? Are you upset that the show is over or just thankful that it survived for four seasons?

ricky March 3, 2014 at 1:44 pm

i just saw all 4 season and now while was lookin for season 5 i found out the show its cancelled are u fuckin serious im mad

ohsonice March 19, 2014 at 4:52 pm

Yeah same here, just finished watching it on Netflix and it is over. Thought the rest of the seasons were on dvd at least and now i found out it was cancelled. Yeah was not too happy with that at all.

DWIGHT f February 9, 2014 at 8:06 pm

I have to agree with everyone elese, this show has more to reality of life. It brings family time together with a real every day message. I really think this show should be back on air soon. It’s has to much positive engery to just go off in the sunset as what happen to everyone life. this left many doors open for more epicsodes to follow, If I was rich i would put oney into this show without any remorse. This show need a hard petition for an amazing comeback, So can we make this have BET. Thanks in advance.

Vickii September 2, 2013 at 11:30 pm

This show has really made me feel great about myself.. About my family.. About my relationship.. Cassie an charles were my 2 favorite the love they hsd for ine anotjer made me smile and cry.. lizzie was so careing.. An tay was so talented an they had the best parents ever.. I really wish we could get 1 more seasin atleast.. An see how many rateings the show gets.. So were did cassie an charles go frim there after they wanted 2 marry an didnt.. What happened with lizzie and andrew.. Or what happened with grandad an the dead reverns wife.. Or wats hahappened with mr. & mrs. sutton.. Im si upset.. This makes no sense

Vickii September 2, 2013 at 11:23 pm

I hate very much this show is gone.. I wish they would give us atleast 1 more season. I love this show so much I found myself dreaming about it. Ths show has really opened my eyes

Stacy Ann August 15, 2013 at 12:15 am

There are few Black shows aired on networks as it is. Why not keep such a show as “Lincoln Heights,” a great family show. “Lincoln Heights,” was great because the show had characters of more then one race!!! I loved the mixture of black and white relationship. I love the friend ship of black, Hispanic and white. My favorite characters where Cassie and Charles a cute couple with a light skinned black intelligent black girl in LOVE with a handsome intelligent white male. ( love and friendship has no boundaries.)This was great to see because relationships are of different races everywhere! I believe maybe because this was a dominate black show ABC wanted to cancel. I say reconsider and bring the cast of “Lincoln heights” back on air. This would have so many rates. It is viewed with enjoyment because it relates to real family issues, drama, relationship qualms, job struggles, lies and so on. Thus show was great, I miss it so much!! I hope the show airs again. I love you Cassie and Charles and cast. Cassie and Charles ARE my favorite actors. (btw I’m biracial black/white dating a Hispanic! I love interracial relationships and I so connected to the cute couple that Cassie and Charles displayed :)

Teresa August 14, 2013 at 11:43 pm

Whenever I was informed of the cancellation of the show “Lincoln Heights,” I was let down. The show was a great family show that was real and had meaning. I love the cast, every actor portrayed their character with such truth and depth. I could relate, I could feel and I could image. I hope this cancellation will be reconsidered. I hope to see the Lincoln Heights on some other network soon, great show compared to ” House of Pain.”

Maram Dari July 8, 2013 at 3:29 am

I love that you guys have that sisterly love and bonding even though both of you are growing up you still find time for each other and you guys can both go to each other for help advice or just because and this is coming out of a mind of a 13 year old so hey i love your character lizzie and cassie and i love tae he is a mix of singer song writer and love life i love that so again thanks to everyone for making lincoln heights it has inspired me in So Many ways so love you byee

marci June 29, 2013 at 6:29 pm

bring Lincoln Heights baaaaaccccckkkkk, it is the best show ever!!!

Tina May 27, 2013 at 2:30 am

I am so sad, I love this show :’-(

anjelica April 20, 2013 at 11:08 am

I think abc family is crazy for canceling this show…lil do they no this show really reflects on peoples lifes. mine for example

Caroline March 11, 2013 at 11:36 pm

I agree with all the other people who posted comments.. I love this show and it deserves to be on tv maybe not abc family but I know there has to be a network out there! I watched every single episode over again on Netflix and I just finished today and I actually shed a tear knowing it was the end. If shows like jersey shore can get more than 4 seasons why can’t Lincoln heights???!!! It’s never too late.. Maybe the director can think of bringing it back its worth it

Chris February 27, 2013 at 1:59 pm

well let me start off by saying that Lincoln Heights was a great show… like others I was very shocked and disappointed that the show was cancelled what others also like the show had some things that are left undone like “what the hell happened to Luke” “how come Rubin was never arrested” outside of thee values shown from the show which I for one thought was the greatest aspect of the show but it was something that all races and everyone one from diferent walks of life can appreciate what the show stood for… yes I think the show should be picked up by a network deserving and yes the original cast should return or atleast a made for tv movie closing the gaps left in the show… to the cast and crew of the should thanks for a great show but u owe it to yourselves and to these fans (me included) to do something about this… one true fan Chris Evans Portland,oregon

Richard February 13, 2013 at 2:09 pm

to the director the producers and the others played a part in the making of lincoln heights me i feel that the show needs to contuine it shows family values of what real life is all about even if you are a public figure the police officers and nurses are human that problems occur in all family preacher doctor lawyer political it doesn’t matter lincoln heights set the example for everyday living please consider bringing it back to television my granddaughters love it we have seen all episodes and now we are hooked great cast of stars.

Tori February 8, 2013 at 4:57 pm

I think this show was ligit the ishh in for them not to have a season five gets me mad it was a good show to alot of ppl they need to put it back ong the air i had really gottn into it was like watching jersy shore it was that good id b happy if they would put it back on <3

Dwight January 29, 2013 at 5:53 pm

No fifth season? Are you kidding me? This is one of the best shows that i have ever seen. I discovered Lincoln Heights on Netflix & I was hooked after watching the first episode. The show was full of suspense, action, & drama. It was truely “a work of art.” I have to say that
I am disgusted that ABC Family has cancelled this show! I think another network should definately pick it up to create more seasons. Maybe BET should do it like they did with The Game.