Lincoln Heights

Lincoln HeightsNetwork: ABC Family
Episodes: 43 (hour)
Seasons: Four

TV show dates: January 8, 2007 — November 9, 2009
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Russell Hornsby, Nicki Micheaux, Erica Hubbard, Rhyon Nicole Brown, Mishon Ratliff, Robert Adamson, Michael Reilly Burke, Alice Greczyn, Gus Hoffman, William Stanford Davis, Alex Carter, Cory Hardrict, Chadwick Boseman, Lisa Renee Pitts, Tyler Posey, Darrin Dewitt Henson, and Julie St. Claire.

lincoln heights past TV show

TV show description:
Eddie Sutton (Russell Hornsby) is a dedicated police officer and his wife Jenn (Nicki Micheaux) is a devoted nurse. But, their most important job is as parents to their three children; Cassie (Erica Hubbard), Lizzie (Rhyon Brown), and Tay (Mishon Ratliff). They were your everyday American family living in the suburbs of Southern California, but the Suttons are thrown for a loop when Eddie wants to move them from their tiny apartment to a large house in the inner-city neighborhood where he grew up.

Through a police department program that provides incentive for cops to move into dangerous neighborhoods, Eddie sees this as a golden opportunity. He wants to achieve the American dream of owning a home while bringing about positive change in a struggling community. How he’ll balance his desire to transform his old neighborhood while protecting his family is at the heart of this drama series.

They move into an abandoned and condemned crack house that Eddie’s just raided — with the hopes of cleaning it up. The only problem is that their new spacious home needs more than just a coat of paint. Not all of their neighbors are thrilled to see a cop move into the area and the kids have a hard time adjusting to their new school. Though the area is filled with drugs, gang violence and crime, there are also good neighbors who welcome the Suttons’ commitment to the community. Together, the Suttons deal with the trials and tribulations of living in the inner-city and slowly begin to make a home.

Eldest daughter Casandra (“Cassie”) is an artistic and sensitive high schooler who falls for Charles Antoni (Robert Adamson), a young man from a broken home who’s new to the neighborhood. Elizabeth (“Lizzie”) is the middle child of the family and has an aptitude for both dance and sports. Taylor (“Tay”) is the youngest of the clan and has a talent for singing.

Later on, it becomes known that Eddie has an adult son from a former flame, Dana Taylor. Nathaniel “Nate” Ray Taylor (Chadwick Boseman) wasn’t raised by either parent and serves in Iraq for the US Army.

Eddie’s close friend and partner on the force is Kevin Lund (Michael Reilly Burke). Kevin’s daughter is Sage (Alice Greczyn), a close frined of Cassie’s for awhile but the two are very different. Lizzie’s best friend, Monique “Momo” Diamond Carter (Sierra Palmer), has been raised by Kevin since she was 11 years old.

LaTasha Cox September 22, 2011 at 9:41 pm

bring back the Suttons and Johnny Nightingale

Sherry August 6, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Please bring back Lincoln Heights!!!!!!!! It’s like an addiction, and I’m having withdrawals!!!!!!!!!!!

tiffany July 26, 2011 at 5:30 pm

This was one of the best shows I’ve ever seen I loved it. It needs to be back on. I’m very disappointed!!!! Please please put it back on. Oh and my husband even loved it we recorded it every time it was on and watched it together!!!

Charenda W. July 23, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Yes, I completely agree with everyone on here!!! Like Niece, I also did not have cable at the time when the show actually was on air, but I started watching the rerunds and recorded all of the seasons and oh my goodness, I fell in love from the first episode! I feel like it was so real and they had their ups and downs for sure but still managed to keep it positive. I just love, love, love this show. When I watched the last episode, I felt so sad as if I was losing a friend or family very close to me, I know it’s silly but that is how attached I became to this show. I wish they would bring it back but I doubt it, Lizzy and Tay are probably full grown adults right now and that would be a little hard to pull off. :) But it is good to know that others feel the same way I did about this show. Shame on you ABC!

Jessica A July 1, 2011 at 12:39 pm

You guys REALLLY NEED to put back on the show Lincoln Heights! Everybody misses it as you can see from the posts up tthere everybody misses it why take it away if you HAVE A CHOICE to keep it so why make it go away cause you know you have the choice to keep it so keep it put season 5 on let people keep watching it and have something that they loved back. I miss it sooooooooooo much! It breaks my heart that itts gone. I CRIED every single episode because it made me so happy and i couldnt wait to wach the next one. So pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee i beg you we all beg you t o put season 5 back on it wont hurt you at all it’d make everyone else happy in the community. And the show did have to do with community. So please do it for the Fans for a Community. Because i have some people in my fammilt that get introuble sometimes and one certain person i know that watched this show was sooo BAD at first this person finished watching it and came to me and said im changing my LIFE because this show made me relize that the stuff i did was wrong and im changing my life from this day foward! And guess what this person did! Okay soo think about that this show makes a diffrent in peoples lifes it changes people in a good way if you put season 5 on it will get people from doing bad things and watching this show. It will occupie them. I know you might not read thhis but i know this is worth a try. Everyone wants it back into tthere lifes they loved it kids loved it im a teenager and i love it! I really with my heart for you to put it back on yeah you might have to spend some money but its worth helping familys troubled kids, hurting people and sad fans itd be worth putting money into it and having them all feel better. They love this show it keep them busy the want to come home and watch this show it means the world to them and defenitly to ME if you’d put this on. I know this is really late but you can ALWAYS change your mind and put the show back on. I hope you will put this show back on i really hope you do. I hope what i said up there meant something to you and all those post up there from other people i hope it also means something and that you’ll put back on the show. I miss it SOOO much and so does everybody else. And if you put season 5 back on people will be soo happy and wanna watch it everyday and you’d guys be making profits and evverything it is really worth it. Because now that the show is FOR NOW gone people relize how much that show meant to them i hope you will take them time to READ THIS because its very important VERYYY important to ME to EVERYONE okayyy!
Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee- Jessica.

Yalanda Brown June 5, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I had that you would not be makeing more shows. It has inspired my family and we need more of your shows. I hope to see you again in a different season. I enjoyed every show. Thanks.

rodriquez May 22, 2011 at 3:55 pm

honestly i loved the Lincoln Heights show its was amazing….i enjoy it …..it was like real talk and i bet that the people that was watching enjoy 2 it was like a lesson about love, understanding,not 2 give up ur dreams and ect…..please bring d show bakk

Niece February 21, 2011 at 4:20 pm

I didnt really get to watch it when it was on the air, because of no cable… but i really enjoyed this show I watched all 4 seasons in a week. This show should be on a local tv show. The show was great and it had real life issues that are hit in the hardest neighborhoods. I am sorry i did not watch to this show to help its ratings.

latanya rhodes December 17, 2010 at 9:17 pm

CANCELLED! I am pissed. I loved this show it was a good family show. I think another network should pick it up like the game got picked up. ABC family I hope you are LISTENING BRING IT BACK.

Andrea Taylor November 30, 2010 at 6:06 pm

sorry NBC I meant ABC Familyi miss tha suttons Eddie,Jenn,Cassie,Lizzie &Tay All of you do just one show for me please

Deborah November 22, 2010 at 7:57 pm

Cancelled! You must be kidding? This is one of the best shows I’ve seen on television in a long time! What must we do to get it back (seriously)?

ashlie November 20, 2010 at 9:40 pm

i love that show i wacth it every time i come home from school some episodes make me cry

Nadia August 7, 2010 at 10:08 pm

Right on Tiffanie Somerville!!!!! But in this world, people only want to see things happen to rich people look at the media. Because people think that, that is the real society and its the only one that matters. But its not look at 7th heaven that was cancled to as was many other shows similar to Lincoln Heights. That talk about real life things.

Tiffanie Somerville July 29, 2010 at 9:34 pm

I’m really disappointed that Lincoln Heights was canceled. It was nice watching, basically, a modern version of The Cosby Show. It was a real show about real values and real troubles in the lives of Middle Class Americans. Now I have to settle with stupid shows like 10 Things I Hate About You and Pretty Little Liars????? I’d rather watch Nickelodeon and get a few laughs from Spongebob and Patrick. Those new shows are about spoiled little rich teenagers who want to grow up too fast and kiss the same sex! UGH!

Pansy Slack-Foster May 17, 2010 at 8:30 pm

This is an excellent family show, it should never have been cancel… It show how couple can work out their issue with out alots of drama.