Lone Star: FOX TV Show Cancelled After Two Episodes

Lone StarWe all saw it coming. One of the most anticipated TV shows of the new fall season, Lone Star, has been cancelled after two episodes.

Lone Star centers around a handsome conman (James Wolk) who lives a double life to swindle investors and an oil tycoon family. He starts to have regrets and struggles to balance both lives and keep everybody happy. Others in the series are Jon Voight, Adrianne Palicki, Bryce Johnson, David Keith, Eloise Mumford, and Mark Deklin.

The FOX series debuted last week to a very disappointing 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 4.1 million total viewers. Last night, despite several days of buzz and campaigning to get new viewers, the ratings fell even lower to a 1.0 rating in the demo and 3.23 million viewers. As was the case in week one, many people who started watching tuned out before the episode was over. For whatever reason, it just didn’t click.

Lone Star has been cancelled effective immediately and the three remaining unaired episodes have been shelved. There’s no word if FOX will get around to releasing the remaining episodes at some point in the future.

Last week, the cast and crew were shooting the sixth installment. Production has now been shut down and it’s unclear if that episode was completed.

Lone Star’s spot will be filled by the season three premiere of Lie to Me.

What do you think? Are you sorry to see Lone Star be cancelled? If you watched, where do you think it went wrong?

UPDATE: Subsequent reports have indicated that there are six completed episodes with four left unaired.

{ 899 comments }

jon cauffman November 18, 2011 at 7:38 pm

i liked the show alot i hope they put the unaired shows on dvd i would love to get the dvd

Lauren August 25, 2011 at 2:24 pm

I actually liked the show.. It’s disappointing that they canceled the show immediately before really giving it a chance. Did they consider the fact that maybe they didn’t do enough advertising for it?
It definitely was a one-of-a-kind show.

Deb June 15, 2011 at 5:13 pm

Why did fox pull this show? It was awesome!!! Show the rest of the shows Fox!

hummm i smell something! April 20, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Why r so many show I’m watch r being Cancel? Sitcoms, Drama nearly every show series show I’m watching, is in crisis or its, r already gone.I’ve notice we have more seasons, are getting fewer episodes per seasons for Series shows. Its almost like they want to kill a show before they give it a chance. We use to wait for a new season to begin in the fall. Now the Networks will throw on many more new shows in January, April and June. Perhaps this is just a diversion, to keep us, the viewers confused. Perhaps they think maybe we want noticed, that most of the show” last season”, want be coming back. I wonder if“ NETWORKS” could be“MAKE” more MONEY off the “SPONSORS” by throwing on “SO MANY new SERIES SHOWS”. Certainly not wait 6 mouths before its returned. No matter what I’m watching even the Drams or Sitcoms, also being Canceled. If the Networks keep this up certainly be the death of Series Shows.

mo April 7, 2011 at 9:53 am

Great show really enjoyed the two

Katie February 9, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I really enjoyed the show; especially James Wolk. He reminds
me of a young George Clooney, with his mannerisms and dashing good
looks! Perhaps the time slot wasn’t good, they should of put it on a diiferent night!

ann

Rob February 6, 2011 at 12:20 am

It was awesome . WTF
take off that bachloer crap and lets see the remaining episodes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

eye tee February 1, 2011 at 10:20 pm

I really liked the show! It was different from the norm because the main character lives a double life. The production and acting were also good. It seemed to be promoted well, but perhaps the day and time were not the best. I would like to see another network pick up the show as USA Network did with Monk when it was canceled by the major network on which it first aired.

Nancy January 31, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Great actors but terrible story line! I’m with Richard…the hero …what hero?
Other than the great actors that played in the series…there wasn’t anything good to be said for it…A lying, cheating…….is just someone I want to watch mess with peoples lives very week.

sean January 26, 2011 at 9:45 pm

I liked the show

evey January 22, 2011 at 8:49 am

Aw! I still keep looking through channels hoping is still on! Wish it comes back! =o( is not cool we get hooked on a show n just leave us like that fox should give them a second chance… prob give it more publicity next time!

wilma January 21, 2011 at 2:23 pm

i am an old lady and really looked forward to watching – something different – not the same old warmed-over plot – i hate reality shows which i believe are not reality at all

richard January 19, 2011 at 5:35 am

I don’t think a show in which the hero is a lying cheating son-of-a-bitch works in America.

S Dornin January 17, 2011 at 6:03 pm

I really like the show and am disappointed it was cancelled. Is a DVD availble of any episodes that did not air? I only saw the DVD that was mailed to me.

Thank you.

tommy January 17, 2011 at 10:31 am

i really liked the show…..idk why they cancelled it :(