Longmire: New A&E Drama; Cancel or Keep It?

Cancel or keep Longmire TV show?Not long ago, A&E unveiled their latest dramatic TV series, Longmire. Breakout Kings, another A&E show about lawkeepers, was recently cancelled. Will Longmire outlast it or quickly follow it to the TV graveyard?

Taking place in a fictional Wyoming county, Longmire revolves around Sheriff Walt Longmire as he tries to get back on his feet following the death of his wife. With the help of his daughter (Cassidy Freeman), his new deputy (Katee Sackhoff), and his best friend (Lou Diamond Phillips), Walt decides to run for re-election against a young deputy (Bailey Chase) in the department who also wants the position.

The TV show debuted on June 3rd to a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.15 million total viewers.

Should Longmire be cancelled or renewed?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

That was a very good premiere for the cable channel and was actually the biggest in A&E’s history. Longmire was the third most-watched cable show of the night, only falling behind the NBA playoff game on ESPN and Game of Thrones on HBO.

New TV shows typically fall in their second week on the air but Longmire bucked that trend and actually grew. Last night’s episode drew about the same in total viewership but gained about 22% in the demo.

Unless the numbers hit a serious nosedive, Longmire is assured of a second season renewal. In fact, I’d be surprised if it wasn’t announced soon. It looks like A&E has a hit.

But, what do you think? Do you like Longmire? Will you keep watching? Do you think that it should be renewed or cancelled instead?

Canceled and renewed TV show

137 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Gary Helderman says

one of the best shows on tv when you guys get something special you listen to nelson in stead of viwers. nelson sends me voting mat all the time you need to cancell nelson or what or who listen to viwers you got a hit but dont know it

2. Linda M says

We love Longmire!! There is so much junk on tv today and it would be wonderful if this show has a long run!!! PLEASE!!!

3. says

please renew the series we love it, the acting is great . Robert Taylor sure does fill the role perfectly. It seems as though it could be put in a time slot where we see plenty of duck dynasty re runs, dont cancel duck dynasty, just add Longmire back where we can have another decent show to watch, surely your company was making some money from it.

4. C. Clark says

I like Longmire very much. There are very few shows that have such a good story line. I do not like most talk shows and I am so sick of reality TV. I hope the show is on for as long as NCIS has been on.

5. B,E,E sinclair says

Quick and to the point ! You have all read killed off one of the better show in the Glads now Longmire. all for ****** & dump realaity show

6. charles canterbury says

Please continue the series! It hits home with a lot of folks trying to put their lives back together!

7. Anonymous says

please renew Longmire! My husband and I enjoy watching it together. We look forward to each week for the next episode.

• Wanda Gibson says

KEEP LONGMIRE SERIES GOING!!! Just finished reading the first Longmire book, A Cold Dish, and loved it! We need a flawed hero series, and Longmire fits the bill to a ‘T’!

I had Walt, Vic and Branch on my Hearts card game for a long time, but changed because I felt guilty playing against my ‘friends’…

Thanks, Wanda Gibson

8. Karin Speed says

Longmire is the best show, ever, I have watched on Television. It needs to keep going, great acting, great stories, absolutely perfect.

9. Wanda L. Gibson says

Keep the Longmire series! By all means! Love the show and characters with the exception of Walt’s ‘girlfriend’ too pushy!