Longmire: Season Three Ratings

Longmire TV show on A & E ratingsBased on the “Walt Longmire” mystery novels by Craig Johnson, Longmire has been a very successful TV series for A&E in the ratings. Will that trend continue? Will the show be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season? Stay tuned!

Longmire follows the life of a Wyoming county sheriff who’s returned to work following his wife’s demise. With the support of his family and co-workers, he solves cases and works to stay in office. The cast includes Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, Cassidy Freeman, and Lou Diamond Phillips.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

8/28 update: Longmire has been cancelled by A&E after three seasons. However…

11/19 update: Netflix has picked up the series for a fourth season.

Final season averages: 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.52 million total viewers.

For comparisons: The second season of Longmire attracted a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.7 million total viewers.

Note: These are the final national numbers and are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you like the Longmire TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a fourth season?

Steve & nora August 28, 2014 at 11:04 am

We love the show, do not cancel, would love to be to watch it all year long, much better than all the silly realty shows on TV

bronxgal August 28, 2014 at 2:42 am

Longmire is a gem and A&E would be foolish to cancel it. Over three MILLION people.. and counting.. can’t be wrong. How does a show get nominated for an EMMY award? Seems to me there are numerous episodes and definitely actors in Longmire that deserve award recognition.

Steve Goldman August 27, 2014 at 5:37 pm

This is one of my favorite shows on TV today. With other junk on TV, this is breath of fresh air! I look forward to watching it every week. PLEASE do not cancel it!!!!

John Stewart August 27, 2014 at 2:55 pm

Would rather watch this show than shows about Pawn Shops, Tow Trucks and Storage Shed Robbers!!

GW August 27, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Longmire is an outstanding show with suburb cast members. My wife and look forward to Robert Taylor and other cast members. If you canceled the show, we will no longer watch A & E. Taylor is the modern day Matt Dillon!!!! Bring it back.

Susann August 27, 2014 at 2:29 pm

I watch it on netflix can’t wait for season 3 to come on it. I even pay for it if I could find it. Don’t cancel it just because you don’t think people are watching it because we do!

snowdogmom August 27, 2014 at 3:33 pm

You can get all of season 3 via video on demand on Amazon or Itunes right now. It’s so nice without any commercials or having to skip over the commercials. It’s only like $2.84 an episode for the whole season and it’s yours to watch whenever you want. You get a slight price break for buying the whole season versus individual episodes. The DVD and availability on Netflix won’t be until probably late May or early June 2015.

Linda Morris August 27, 2014 at 2:23 am

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL. THIS IS A VERY GOOD SHOW BECAUSE IT IS SO ORGINAL TO REAL LIFE, NOT LIKE SOME OF THE OTHER STUPID SHOWS THAT ARE ON THE TV.

Tish and Jim Smith August 26, 2014 at 10:37 pm

We love this show and hope you will reconsider the cancelation. We have enjoyed all of the seasons and would look on line to see when a new would be begining.

linda anderson August 26, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Longmire brought me back to A&E, which I had not watched in quite some time. I mostly gave up on television altogether – too many reality shows and silly sitcoms. I found Longmire on Netflix and now set my clock so I don’t miss an episode. It is the ONLY television show I do this for. I certainly hope A&E is savvy enough to continue this series. I’ve told all my friends and family to catch up and tune in!

Carrie Frey August 26, 2014 at 7:13 pm

Love the show, I have told so many of my friends about the show. I am now watching the reruns on Nexflix.
I hope it remains on the air. A&E keep it running.

Anne August 26, 2014 at 5:46 pm

The only show I make sure to watch my daughter and grand-daughter all watch and enjoy this show, Please do not cancel this SHOW.

Wanda Selby August 26, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Please do not cancel Longmire. It is one of the few I look forward to seeing during the week. I wish it were on all fall and through the winter.
Bring them back. Love Robert Taylor.

Carol McConnell August 26, 2014 at 1:23 pm

Love this show. It’s the not a typical shoot ‘em up bang – bang show. If you cancel this one like you did Glades I may never watch A&E again.

C Wagler August 26, 2014 at 12:40 pm

This is the only show that my husband goes in early to work so he can get off in time to watch please don’t cancel it!!!!

patti August 26, 2014 at 12:16 pm

Longmire is enjoyed by my whole family !
we watch on demand
this was not advertised but we found it by chance on demand & then we were hooked!