Longmire: Season Three Renewal for A&E Series?

Longmire season threeIt looks like Longmire will be renewed for a third season. Executive producer John Coveny broke the news on Twitter today, writing, “Thanks to the 5 million plus weekly fans (live+7). Young and older skewing alike! The call just came: SEASON 3 for #Longmire is a GO!”

According to Deadline, A&E and Warner Bros. have no comment and insiders cautioned that the two sides have yet to finalize a deal. There has been some speculation that a deal could include A&E taking some ownership in the show.

Starring Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, Cassidy Freeman, and Lou Diamond Phillips, Longmire is the cable channel’s highest-rated scripted series by far.

Season two averaged 3.7 million viewers, nearly a million more than Bates Motel’s audience. The Longmire finale drew 4.42 million, nearly a series high.

Unfortunately, things don’t look as good for The Glades.

What do you think? Are you a fan of Longmire? Will you be watching season three?

111 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Christie says

So glad to hear it will be on for another season – think it’s one of the freshest programs around these days, and I’ll certainly be watching it!

2. says

really glad to see the series will continue. Great story line. Real people,[no vampires}. showing my age. location beautiful too. have read all the books. thanks for renewing.

3. charles dilts says

We are so thrilled to hear it’s been renewed, its a show that my wife both enjoy. Thanks alot, we need more shows like this.

• Tina says

I agree 110%. A&E needs to keep up the good work and not follow network TV’s lead of more fake reality shows. We need to have somewhere to go to watch good shows. So way to go with renewing Longmire now get Glades BACK!

4. Hank Butler says

Great great news! We can breathe now and worry no more. I can’t wait to spread the news! Thanks A&E—keep those good shows coming.

5. Lilian says

Yes, yes, yes….love it, I am 66 and watch with my daughter 39 and grand kid 15…. We all love it!,,,,,, many more please !

6. camile rihards says

I am thrilled that Longmire has been renewed.
    I am a faithful follower have not missed one episode since itstarted in 2011
    GREAT NEWS

7. Marcos says

Absolute favorite TV show. Never miss and I plan to buy the series in DVD. Appreciate the Native American plotlines that aren’t overly sympathetic but show us as both spiritual and weak as any other peoples. My other favorite is Justified.

8. Beth H. says

Love Longmire! Glad they will renew. Sad about The Glades, I hope they renew that too (although, they can step back a tad on the bad puns).

9. Chris says

Great show, haven’t missed an episode. My husband and I can’t wait for season, this season’s finale was awesome.

10. Pappy Moore says

One Great Show truly believable Story line. Actors are the Best .We my wife I love this show it remunds of the great shows of the 50’s&60′ when TV was on the cutting edge .Thanks for renewing a Great Show ! 😉