Longmire: Season Three Renewal for A&E Series?

Longmire season threeIt looks like Longmire will be renewed for a third season. Executive producer John Coveny broke the news on Twitter today, writing, “Thanks to the 5 million plus weekly fans (live+7). Young and older skewing alike! The call just came: SEASON 3 for #Longmire is a GO!”

According to Deadline, A&E and Warner Bros. have no comment and insiders cautioned that the two sides have yet to finalize a deal. There has been some speculation that a deal could include A&E taking some ownership in the show.

Starring Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, Cassidy Freeman, and Lou Diamond Phillips, Longmire is the cable channel’s highest-rated scripted series by far.

Season two averaged 3.7 million viewers, nearly a million more than Bates Motel’s audience. The Longmire finale drew 4.42 million, nearly a series high.

Unfortunately, things don’t look as good for The Glades.

What do you think? Are you a fan of Longmire? Will you be watching season three?

111 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Elaine says

PLEASE renew it! it’s one of the very few shows my husband and I watch together. I have it on automatic record so we never miss a show. it’s so…. “it could be real” kind of quality. Love the characters. please keep it. I waited so long for the following with Kevin Bacon to come on and just can’t or don’t want to watch all that bazar stuff. keep Longmire please

2. Ron Irwin says

Longmire is one of the best shows on television. In the first two seasons I didn’t see any overt political themes other than the vote rigging and I hope they keep on writing great scripts and keep it focused.

3. ruth says

You bet we will be watching …..my husband and I both in our early 70’s look forward to as many years of Longmier that will be available. Love the cast, they compliment each other so well. Good story lines…..thanks, many thanks for great entertainment. ruth/wayne

4. Bruce says

Longmire is Fantastic! Addicting! Exciting! The plots and character development are extremely believable and the entire crew has a magnetic appeal. I am constantly being drawn into the conflicts. I guess I’m waiting for “Vic” to plant a smooch on Walt and see where that goes. I think she adores the sheriff.
    Longmire has the same appeal as Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Highly imaginative and totally absorbing. I’ll buy any and all DVDs from this great show. And of course I’ll see Katee Sackhoff in my dreams!

• Joe D. says

Love the books and the series. Just watched first season again on Netflix. Wife and I are looking forward to seeing the 3rd season. We live in Montana and know the landscape of the series well!!!

5. Mark says

I kept waiting for season two and was so pleased to see it coming back. Now I await season three with even more anticipation. The straight forward approach of Longmire along with the intertwined Indian culture, (including back stories) makes it refreshing and unique. His character of moral conviction for doing the right thing regardless of personal sacrifice is one of the greatest lessons any person could receive. This is the quality of programming that the entire industry should memic. When you see trash like “Modern Family” receive award after award for the trash put forth from it’s scripts, makes you wonder just how screwed up tv veiwers are in this country.