Longmire: Season Three Renewal for A&E Series?

Longmire season threeIt looks like Longmire will be renewed for a third season. Executive producer John Coveny broke the news on Twitter today, writing, “Thanks to the 5 million plus weekly fans (live+7). Young and older skewing alike! The call just came: SEASON 3 for #Longmire is a GO!”

According to Deadline, A&E and Warner Bros. have no comment and insiders cautioned that the two sides have yet to finalize a deal. There has been some speculation that a deal could include A&E taking some ownership in the show.

Starring Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, Cassidy Freeman, and Lou Diamond Phillips, Longmire is the cable channel’s highest-rated scripted series by far.

Season two averaged 3.7 million viewers, nearly a million more than Bates Motel’s audience. The Longmire finale drew 4.42 million, nearly a series high.

Unfortunately, things don’t look as good for The Glades.

What do you think? Are you a fan of Longmire? Will you be watching season three?

JohnD February 20, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Yes I will watch season three. One of the better dramas on any network

Margaret A Hunt February 17, 2014 at 10:29 pm

I did not think I would like this series, however in season 2 a friend was watching it and I loved it. Please keep this show going!

carla ksenak February 16, 2014 at 9:54 pm

My husband and I are looking forward to the return of Longmire. Please set a date for the Season 3 premier. Anxiously awaiting information on this.

Vanessa & Okie Thompson February 18, 2014 at 3:37 pm

I TOTALLY agree–my husband and I LOVE this show !!! I’m VERY pleased you decided to air Season 3.. we had decided–like many others I have read, to NOT watch anything else on A & E –IF you had not changed your minds !! It would have been TRAGIC to have lost Lonmire, just because you didn’t want to AIR it !! VERY pleased–Thank You !!!

A. Grant February 16, 2014 at 10:37 am

The plot lines are excellent and the character development from episode to episode is awesome. Really smart move to put the show on Netflix, as it allows late discoverers of the series to appreciate this hidden gem. The show combines the genres of mystery, western, and cop drama into a real hit. Great show!

Sheri February 11, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Really looking forward to the next season of “Longmire”. Wish the seasons were LONGER. A show we can’t miss and even enjoy the reruns.

Anita J February 4, 2014 at 8:30 pm

Love this program, enjoying the story line, the actors are great, and the scenery, wow. Hurry up, don’t keep us waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jill February 3, 2014 at 10:30 am

My husband and I love Longmire. When will it start back????

Ed & Mitzi January 26, 2014 at 2:48 pm

We met the author; love his writing ; and can’ t wait for this year’s season to begin. Longmire is a terrific series and far exceeds the reality shows now inundating every network!

gary January 20, 2014 at 8:53 pm

We really liked Longmire and hope it comes back. Besides being a good show it beats the hell out of the stupid scripted supposedly reality shows.

Tina McWilliams January 20, 2014 at 2:04 pm

I’m hooked hurry up with season 3 anxiously awaiting

Earl January 16, 2014 at 5:31 pm

Love Longmire can’t wait for next season

Frank Soloski January 8, 2014 at 5:54 pm

The best show to come out since Gunsmoke. Cant wait for season 3.

S.C.Rath January 8, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Can’t wait for Longmire season 3

Gail L. December 16, 2013 at 12:13 pm

My husband and I think Longmire is one of the top 3 programs on TV right now. It is very entertaining. Longmire is down-to-earth and provocative at the same time. It’s a vey well-done program – top notch!

salli babbitt December 12, 2013 at 8:37 pm

come on!!!dont we have enough really stupid canned laughter shows??????let us have a nice mystery,clean cut,moral justification, and cfamily errors!