Longmire: TV Series Renewed for Season Two

season two renewal for LongmireTo no surprise, A&E is renewing their new Longmire TV series for a second season. There’s no word yet on how many episodes have been ordered for round two or when they’ll debut.

Airing on Sunday nights, Longmire revolves around a Wyoming sheriff who’s trying to rebuild his life while maintaining order in his town and trying to keep his job. The cast includes Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, and Cassidy Freeman.

The TV series debuted on June 3rd with 4.1 million total viewers and became the cable channel’s most-watched scripted debut of all time. Four episodes of Longmire have aired so far this season and have averaged a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.88 million total viewers.

A&E ordered 10 episodes for the first season of the drama series. They’re expected to finish airing on August 5th. We’ll let you know when we know more about season two.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Longmire will be back for season two? Do you think this TV show should run for many seasons or just a few?

Canceled and renewed TV show

178 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Nancy Perry says

I hope they bring Longmire back next season. This is the only show on TV that we watch each and every week. The actors are becoming their characters. The writing is excellent. I never know what is going to happen next! This is a great show! Please bring it back!

2. Jan says

Longmire is my favorite show EVER!!!! I will be extremely disappointed if this series doesn’t return for season 3. I think it is the best show on television today and it is the ONLY show I watch. The shows are interesting, the characters true to life and each person has his own personality and they are all interesting.

3. says

i just love this show.have missed one episode only.july 1st.cant seam to get that one on the internet.i live in canada,most of my friends watch this show too.please dont cancell it.allways did like cowboys.

4. Marty Rene says

Aboslutely, bring this show back!…Decent all around, great story line…..I am hooked!…Please listen to the viewers and bring it back!…Our opinions should carry much weight…with out us..there are no shows.

5. sweet tweet says

LONGMIRE, great show hopefully A&E will continue many more seasons. The shorter season has been accessible to this viewer if that’s what it takes to save network money and still have a great series. The cast fits together so well, clever story lines.

6. Fred says

I am 65 and felt lousy when “Vegas” got cancelled. Now I don’t feel so lousy because “Longmire” is back! A&E has a real winner here. As long as the episodes are up to the caliber of the first season I see “Longmire” hanging around. Glad you’re back Walt!

7. kim says

Yes, bring Longmire back for many seasons! It’s well written, great acting and scenic. There is not enough quality tv like this.

8. says

Yes this program should run for many more seasons. It’s about time they start showing a little more Western type shows! Hard-hitting and enjoyable to watch.. Two more seasons isn’t enough. Happy trails to you. DOC