Longmire: TV Series Renewed for Season Two

season two renewal for LongmireTo no surprise, A&E is renewing their new Longmire TV series for a second season. There’s no word yet on how many episodes have been ordered for round two or when they’ll debut.

Airing on Sunday nights, Longmire revolves around a Wyoming sheriff who’s trying to rebuild his life while maintaining order in his town and trying to keep his job. The cast includes Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, and Cassidy Freeman.

The TV series debuted on June 3rd with 4.1 million total viewers and became the cable channel’s most-watched scripted debut of all time. Four episodes of Longmire have aired so far this season and have averaged a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.88 million total viewers.

A&E ordered 10 episodes for the first season of the drama series. They’re expected to finish airing on August 5th. We’ll let you know when we know more about season two.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Longmire will be back for season two? Do you think this TV show should run for many seasons or just a few?

arnie December 17, 2013 at 3:25 pm

please continue series

everettsmedley November 4, 2013 at 6:02 pm

my wife and i both love the LONGMIRE SERIES. let us know when its comming back……………

Robert & Karen Hansen August 29, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Waiting for return of Longmire one of the top shows
need more of the same.

Jan August 27, 2013 at 12:12 am

The Longmire series Rocks!! My favorite show!!

Looking forward to seeing Season 3!!

Nancy Perry August 26, 2013 at 11:32 pm

I hope they bring Longmire back next season. This is the only show on TV that we watch each and every week. The actors are becoming their characters. The writing is excellent. I never know what is going to happen next! This is a great show! Please bring it back!

Jan August 20, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Longmire is my favorite show EVER!!!! I will be extremely disappointed if this series doesn’t return for season 3. I think it is the best show on television today and it is the ONLY show I watch. The shows are interesting, the characters true to life and each person has his own personality and they are all interesting.

maria bradbury July 16, 2013 at 4:57 pm

i just love this show.have missed one episode only.july 1st.cant seam to get that one on the internet.i live in canada,most of my friends watch this show too.please dont cancell it.allways did like cowboys.

Marty Rene May 28, 2013 at 12:30 am

Aboslutely, bring this show back!…Decent all around, great story line…..I am hooked!…Please listen to the viewers and bring it back!…Our opinions should carry much weight…with out us..there are no shows.

poppy May 27, 2013 at 8:58 pm

Just keep them coming. The more the better! I love this show!

sweet tweet May 27, 2013 at 7:59 pm

LONGMIRE, great show hopefully A&E will continue many more seasons. The shorter season has been accessible to this viewer if that’s what it takes to save network money and still have a great series. The cast fits together so well, clever story lines.

Fred May 27, 2013 at 7:24 pm

I am 65 and felt lousy when “Vegas” got cancelled. Now I don’t feel so lousy because “Longmire” is back! A&E has a real winner here. As long as the episodes are up to the caliber of the first season I see “Longmire” hanging around. Glad you’re back Walt!

kim May 6, 2013 at 1:03 am

Yes, bring Longmire back for many seasons! It’s well written, great acting and scenic. There is not enough quality tv like this.

Worthington April 24, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Yes this program should run for many more seasons. It’s about time they start showing a little more Western type shows! Hard-hitting and enjoyable to watch.. Two more seasons isn’t enough. Happy trails to you. DOC

charlotte stafford April 8, 2013 at 9:11 pm

We can’t wait for” Longmire” to return

Tom April 8, 2013 at 4:37 am