Longmire: TV Series Renewed for Season Two

season two renewal for LongmireTo no surprise, A&E is renewing their new Longmire TV series for a second season. There’s no word yet on how many episodes have been ordered for round two or when they’ll debut.

Airing on Sunday nights, Longmire revolves around a Wyoming sheriff who’s trying to rebuild his life while maintaining order in his town and trying to keep his job. The cast includes Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, and Cassidy Freeman.

The TV series debuted on June 3rd with 4.1 million total viewers and became the cable channel’s most-watched scripted debut of all time. Four episodes of Longmire have aired so far this season and have averaged a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.88 million total viewers.

A&E ordered 10 episodes for the first season of the drama series. They’re expected to finish airing on August 5th. We’ll let you know when we know more about season two.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Longmire will be back for season two? Do you think this TV show should run for many seasons or just a few?

Canceled and renewed TV show

178 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Peter says

Great show! They should renew it for seasons 2, 3 and at least 4 right now and let all the viewers know that they know they have a real winner!

2. Leslie says

Great show! Instantly addictive. Good stories and great ensemble acting and chemistry between characters. Hope the second season is sooner rather than later, really don’t want to wait for more!

3. says

Just in case you might be unaware, there have to be many over the age of 49 (your demograpics scale) who also enjoy Longmire! My husband and I are pushing 70 hard and we never miss it! Some of our friends tell us the same thing. We enjoy the story lines, characters and the ability of the director and producers to put on a show with a minimum of foul language which some of us older folks really don’t appreciate.

• Carolyn says

Could not agree more. Those of our generation like our Westerns & missed them for too long whether they were modern day or a lot earlier. Glad to have Longmire & can’t wait for the 2nd Season. Have you read the Longmire Series books by Craig Johnson. There are 8 of them. Have you watched Justified? I am hooked on both shows.

4. Deb B. says

Our whole TV-watching family is thrilled to hear that “Longmire” is coming back for a 2nd season! This show is addictive thanks to the storyline, surroundings, characters and good old-fashioned use of common sense in law enforcement. A quality program with actors who really bring these cases to life! Thank you, A&E, for making the right choice.

5. Cynthia says

I told my 85 yr old dad to watch since the show didn’t revolve round hi -faluttin technical, Dna testing. This show is awesome and not at all surprised Season 2 will be backk next year. Yeeha!

6. Mackie says

Longmire is a fantastic addition to television. I’ve read all the books, and my only complaint is that Italian Vic Moretti is supposed to be stunning brunette. In case no one’s noticed, Katy Sackoff(sp?) is neither brunette nor stunning. But the show is excellently written and the characters fully developed. This is a worthy representation of the books, and I look forward to many more seasons of this excellent show.

7. debbie says

PI love the show. Just wish it came on at 9 instead of 10. Its a bit late for me so hard to stay up. End up watching encore episodes on weekend mornings

8. says

Seems like networks are always taking off the “good”shows. I am glad to hear this will be back!!!!!!!!!! When is the start up date?

9. Kathy says

Best show yet right up there with southland please keep it on pleas pleas please I love it. I am disabled and all I have is tv. There is not much on for older people. I love this show.

10. says

I’m relieved, and a bit surprised, that a show that doesn’t involve “DNA in 30 seconds or less” and instead turns on good scripts with quality acting in a tough environment can make it these days. Lets hope they keep the stories fresh without compromising their integrity so that maybe there will be a season 3.