Longmire: TV Series Renewed for Season Two

season two renewal for LongmireTo no surprise, A&E is renewing their new Longmire TV series for a second season. There’s no word yet on how many episodes have been ordered for round two or when they’ll debut.

Airing on Sunday nights, Longmire revolves around a Wyoming sheriff who’s trying to rebuild his life while maintaining order in his town and trying to keep his job. The cast includes Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, and Cassidy Freeman.

The TV series debuted on June 3rd with 4.1 million total viewers and became the cable channel’s most-watched scripted debut of all time. Four episodes of Longmire have aired so far this season and have averaged a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.88 million total viewers.

A&E ordered 10 episodes for the first season of the drama series. They’re expected to finish airing on August 5th. We’ll let you know when we know more about season two.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Longmire will be back for season two? Do you think this TV show should run for many seasons or just a few?

Canceled and renewed TV show

178 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Ted says

My wife and I love Longmire. It is very atypical of all the other ‘cop’ show, very different and unpredictable. That is way we love it so.

2. Jamie says

I love Longmire. The only way it could get better would be if Tom Selleck co-starred or had a cameo role or something. Tom Selleck likes to make westerns and this would be a good venue for him also.

3. says

Glad to hear that a second season has been ordered. I really enjoy the series. It’s a real attention-getter and I enjoy seeing scenes from my hometown in New Mexico ,especially outside the sheriff’s office window, where a good portion is filmed.

4. Robert E. Reed, Sr., Ph.D. says

Absolutely one of the all time best TV shows that needs airing 52-weeks annually! My wife and I are both 70 years young and appreciate quality. Now bring the quantity!

5. James Jones says

we are glad that Longmire is going to be back on, love the show,when is the new
    shows comming back on , Rachel

6. chuck says

I hope A & E doesn’t follow Fox’s example by getting people interested in a show and then pulling the plug. Love the show and hope its around for many seasons to come.

7. G.J.NICHOLSON says

I think Longmire is one of if not the best show to come along in a long time. I have looked forward to each episode. The cast are perfect. Robert Taylor could have been raised up in Wyoming he fits the character so well. I can’t wait for season two. It was also nice to watch such a good show that wasn’t peppered with profanity. Thank you. In the real world we really don’t all talk that way.

8. Annie says

Love Longmire, and all the characters. It’s a refreshing change from all the reality tv shows, most of them are not real, are scripted. This is an old time yet updated western with interesting characters and lots of intermingling of the characters lives. Long live Longmire!

9. Michael Neeley says

My wife and I are very glad that Longmire has been renewed. The different format ( instead of a big city detective), has been a refreshing change. We would hope for a longer season so that story lines and characters can be developed.

10. Jim and Bobbie says

We’re in our early 70s’ and really enjoy “Longmire”! Look forward to it each week! We look forward to ” Hell on Wheels” also!