Longmire: TV Series Renewed for Season Two

season two renewal for LongmireTo no surprise, A&E is renewing their new Longmire TV series for a second season. There’s no word yet on how many episodes have been ordered for round two or when they’ll debut.

Airing on Sunday nights, Longmire revolves around a Wyoming sheriff who’s trying to rebuild his life while maintaining order in his town and trying to keep his job. The cast includes Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, and Cassidy Freeman.

The TV series debuted on June 3rd with 4.1 million total viewers and became the cable channel’s most-watched scripted debut of all time. Four episodes of Longmire have aired so far this season and have averaged a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.88 million total viewers.

A&E ordered 10 episodes for the first season of the drama series. They’re expected to finish airing on August 5th. We’ll let you know when we know more about season two.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Longmire will be back for season two? Do you think this TV show should run for many seasons or just a few?

Canceled and renewed TV show

178 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Linda says

Longmire could be another Gunsmoke. It is a great show and I love the characters. Lou Diamond Philips has a great character role and he is perfect for it. Walt is a walking mystery. Can’t wait for new season. Female deputy dresses very unprofessional and makes her role seem not so important. You won’t see any professional female officer dressed like that. She needs to button up.

• Bobbi says

My husband and I think it is a great show and hope to see many more seasons. We agree the female deputy does need to dress more professionally, but having lived in Wy for several years the dress is fitting.

2. says

I am so happy to see this program! Please keep it on as long as you can, 5 years?
    It has something for everyone..strong women, caring staff, loyal people. interesting twists in the law… as well as the opposite of all…LOL
    I am homebound a lot so appreciate a show I can record and replay.
    When will it renew? how long?
    Great job you guys in cast, keep up the good work!
    and you writers are doing a fantastic job!
    Thanks to all.
    I can’t wait for sunday night..marked on my calendar..getting forgetful and do not want to miss any episodes.

3. Ell says

I am really happy to see this show! hope it continues for a long, time…like 5 years at least!! I am disabled so appreciate a show I can record and replay.
    It has a little of everything for everybody…Great job, you guys in cast!
    Thank you all!!!

4. Jim says

Stumbled across this show back in June and watched every one aired since then. This is an excellent and unique show that I hope stays on the air for a long time.

5. Greg says

My wife and I Love this show ! Cannot wait to hear about season 2 ‘s schedule.
    Hoping it will continue for many season’s .

6. Teresa says

Love this show!!! My husband and I watch it every week!! Cast is awesome! We, too, hope it stays for many seasons!!! Cannot wait for the beginning of the second season…..Anyone know when that might be????

7. Linnie says

I’ve read all the Longmire mysteries and watched every episode (sometimes, twice). Love the series and want to see it continued for several seasons.

8. Dennis H. Simmons says

This show needs to get on FOX NEWS. I love this show. Was a cop for 30 years. Love every bit of this show, and it’s characters. Just plain REAL. LOVE IT.

Dennis

9. Jim says

Thankfully it’s A&E and not AMC. Longmire appears to falls within the guidelines of the traditional western. A simple good vs evil with strong personalities presented in a thoughtful and emotional story.

10. Mike says

Great news! My son and I never miss it, he is in his 20’s and me in my 60’s. It proves it appeals to all ages. Hope it stays for many seasons.