Longmire: TV Series Renewed for Season Two

season two renewal for LongmireTo no surprise, A&E is renewing their new Longmire TV series for a second season. There’s no word yet on how many episodes have been ordered for round two or when they’ll debut.

Airing on Sunday nights, Longmire revolves around a Wyoming sheriff who’s trying to rebuild his life while maintaining order in his town and trying to keep his job. The cast includes Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, and Cassidy Freeman.

The TV series debuted on June 3rd with 4.1 million total viewers and became the cable channel’s most-watched scripted debut of all time. Four episodes of Longmire have aired so far this season and have averaged a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 3.88 million total viewers.

A&E ordered 10 episodes for the first season of the drama series. They’re expected to finish airing on August 5th. We’ll let you know when we know more about season two.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear that Longmire will be back for season two? Do you think this TV show should run for many seasons or just a few?

Dev October 9, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Love this show. really hope it continues to be on air !!!!

susanfields October 1, 2012 at 3:55 pm

I,ts the best show that i have seen in a long time . I,TS MY KIND OF SHOW THE BEST.

jeannette furtado September 30, 2012 at 8:08 am

I can- wait for the second season. There are at least twelve other people I know (a lot of relatives) that watch the show and some have called me to find out if it will continue. I truly hope that happens. For once it is a show I can look forward to watching. Thank you!

Laura September 29, 2012 at 9:02 pm

While I am not big on westerns per se (my hubby is the fan of the genre), the show piqued my interest during the first few eps, then I began to actually look forward to watching it. I am glad Longmire is being renewed, love all the cast, story lines, setting, etc. I definitely give the show a “thumbs UP!”

G and J September 29, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Hope “Longmire” has a long run; it is a great show. Solid plot and follow-through; keeps our attention; hate to have it interrupted for commercials; can’t believe how fast the show passes. Love it!!

Linda September 24, 2012 at 5:29 pm

I totally agree with Mr. Jonas, there is so little quality tv programs any more. This one is top notch.

PATRICK AND DEBRA GARRISON September 23, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Brilliantly acted and directly. Extremely refreshing and please keep them coming!

PATRICK AND DEBRA GARRISON September 23, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Brilliantly acted and directed. Extremely refreshing; please keep them coming, obviously we love it!

Brenda Kellar September 22, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the return of Longmire. A great John Wayne tv series. Longmire has that honesty and integrity and selfless strength that is missing in so many men today.

Patti September 21, 2012 at 5:22 pm

My husband works. So I recorded Longmire and we would watch it together on his day off. We are waiting with anticipation that the second series will start soon.

Trevor Brouilette September 20, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Best western I have seen in many years . Can’t wait for season two. How can I find when it starts? Trevor

phil shaw September 18, 2012 at 7:16 pm

One off the best shows on tv. please let longmire run a long time

mary torrisi September 5, 2012 at 5:44 am

Love the show and can’t wait for it to return!

Anonymous September 4, 2012 at 5:02 pm

best series in a long time

Donna Bennett September 4, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Great great show really like the country and the cowboy police department. The story lines are great.

Edward Jonas September 3, 2012 at 6:24 am

Longmire is such an excellent show (great writing) and the casting of Taylor and Phillips is pure genius. I like the way each character plays off of the other and both have the ability to convey their feelings through their eyes (great close up shots) and this show has the best Use of HD out there (great lighting and camera shots). It is like watching a one hour movie each week.

A&E Scores BIG!