Longmire

TV series Longmire on A&ENetwork: A&E
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: June 3, 2012 – present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, and Cassidy Freeman.

current TV show

TV show description:
Set in Big Sky country, this thriller TV show is based on the Walt Longmire Mystery novels by best-selling author Craig Johnson.

Walt Longmire (Robert Taylor) is the charismatic, dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming. Recently widowed, Longmire is a man in psychic repair that buries his pain behind a brave face and dry wit. He’s known for his manners, strength, and old fashioned approach. His dedication to the law and his passion for the great West make him a desirable lawman.

Victoria ‘Vic’ Moretti (Katee Sackhoff) is the newest addition to the sheriff’s office. Leaving the homicide division in Philadelphia after five years, Vic is still adjusting to dealing with the locals in her new town. Her playful relationship with Longmire holds a deeper connection that allows her to be his most trusted deputy. Vic is out to prove she isn’t a rookie and to show she is capable and loyal.

Henry Standing Bear (Lou Diamond Phillips) is Walt’s lifelong best friend and a local bar owner. Henry is a handsome and charming Cheyenne who is fiercely protective of his tribe and serves as Walt’s go-between with the reservation. Being a business owner, he is comfortable with progress and modernity while maintaining a connection with his past, unlike his close friend.

Deputy Branch Connally (Bailey Chase) is a go-getter with blind confidence. He has political aspirations that often motivate him more than solving cases. His resentment toward Walt’s outdated approach further inspire him to run for sheriff, especially after feeling that he is picking up his boss’s slack. He wants to bring Absaroka County into the 21st century, and he longs to update the sheriff’s station with the technology that other law enforcement agencies use.

Another deputy, The Ferg (Adam Bartley), is a big guy with the heart of a puppy dog. He is loyal, sweet, well-meaning and eager to please. A gifted fly-fisherman who knows how to hunt and fix things, The Ferg has a long way to go as an investigator. Even though he may not be a perfect fit for the job, he is no coward.

Cady Longmire (Cassidy Freeman) is Walt’s only child and an attorney with dreams of the big city. After the death of her mother, Cady has taken it upon herself to help her father get his life back together. She is keenly aware of his imperfections and is the only one not afraid to point them out. Her straight talk and sense of humor connect this father-daughter duo even though they both tend to drive the other crazy.
space

Series Finale

Episode ??
Has not ended yet.
First aired: ???.

space
What do you think? Are you a fan of the Longmire TV series? What do you like or dislike about the program?

R.J. July 15, 2012 at 8:53 pm

I too like the show,its more down to earth.
The cast is great and work well together, no, big show boaters,to many shows have actors falling over each other to be the on top.
Keep the series, it is a keeper.

April Butler July 15, 2012 at 2:52 pm

I just love itm Please don’t this tooooo
Thanks

DLK July 15, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Great show its a keeper…

Joyce Cain July 7, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Enjoyed it. A great show, hoped it stays. Everytime Walt speaks, it reminds me of Robert Fuller. A definite keeper.

jodi July 5, 2012 at 4:46 am

I ADORE THIS NEW SHOW. ROBERT TAYLOR IS IT. HE IS SEXY AND AWESOME. I LOVE THE WHOLE CAST. PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW. I AM TRYING TO TELL EVERYBODY ABOUT IT TO WATCH. THANKS.

nancy July 4, 2012 at 5:42 pm

I like this show & adore Robert Taylor. He looks like a sheriff named Longmire. I love the friendship between Longmire & Henry & wish Henry had more camera time. Lou Diamond is a wonderful actor & a terrific cook. In case you didn’t know he was in a Food Network competion between teams Rachel Ray & Guy Fieri & Lou Diamond (LDP) won the whole deal for charity. He was awesome. I can’t stand that female deputy. She always questions everything, always needs to know where he’s going, rolls her eyes, makes faces when given a task she doesn’t like. Acts like she’s too important for “minor” tasks. In preview for next looks like she gets shot. I can only hope she gets killed off. She’s the only one I dislike intensely. I could really do with less of Longmire’s daughter. She doesn’t bring anything to the table. More Walt & Henry together please. Perfect casting on both guys.

CC July 7, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Wow, I guess you don’t like Vic or Cady ;) Sure Vic does question things, but I don’t think she would be a good deputy if she didn’t, I think part of it is because she’s protective of him. Also none of the questions are done with malice. It’s almost like a father/daughter or mentor/protege relationship with them. Their chemistry is great and I believe there is a connection between the two that has not been explained yet. She isn’t too important for “minor” tasks, she’s eager to prove her worth to her mentor/boss. And Cady’s character is a catalyst for stories that can only be displayed using father-daughter relationships.

Muri Kayee July 2, 2012 at 5:59 pm

The show is a real keeper!!!! The Characters are real, they are like friends who you would love to visit with on a daily basis. The Actors/Characters are wonderful. Their body language all the different ways you look at the show is very believable. The chemistry between Walt & Vic is great. Lou diamond Phillips I hope will be on more of the shows. We are luckily enough to be able to view Longmire back to back on Sunday. If we miss something the first time we are able to pick it up on the next. Robert Taylor is who Walt was to me as I read the Walt Longmire Mystery series Books by Craig Allen Johnson, we have all of them so far. we hope there will be more BOOKS to come. FANTASTIC Longmire has been picked up for a second season. When will the DVD’s of Longmire be coming out?? All the Cast & Crew Congratulations on a GREAT Show.

David Graham July 1, 2012 at 11:34 pm

I think that Longmire is a great show, as some others have already mentioned,I was also hooked even before the end of episode one. I would give it a solid A+ rating, from the script-writting to the acting, and also great Characters, and would love to see it run for a long time, as it has so much potential and enough to keep it interesting for a long run. Please keep airing it for as long as possible, THANKS.

pat hicks June 26, 2012 at 7:00 am

I enjoy the show a lot. It takes me back to a time when life was better. The actors are great and the story lines believable. Please don’t cancel this good one.

Flane Walker June 18, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I like the concept, I like what is being portrayed, but my gosh, they need some decent writers. I just watched episode 3. That was so filled with baloney, I could not stand it. Get someone who has had ANY kind of law enforcement experience, maybe a forest ranger. The crap that was put out in that episode would have had so many law suits against anyone remotely associated with that county, that there would not be a county there. The deputy should have been FIRED for giving out info. The Sheriff should have been SHOT for leaving (cuffed to a water pipe), a suspect within easy access of a “hit man”. Hit men do not travel or do jobs alone! They are supposed to conduct business quietly. Everything about that was just stupid. When the Marshals heard about the fake, they should have shown up PRONTO! Good Gravy, you guys are insulting everyone’s intelligence. I am not sure I will be able to continue watching this. What are your writers doing, writing for a 10 year old? Get a consultant. Do it right! Golly, you have a chance to make a great series. Do it right!

NJJOANY June 17, 2012 at 11:17 pm

When I saw it was a Western, I knew I’d check it out and now I’m hooked. I Like the star –kinda of in the Randolph Scott mold, The rest of the cast seems good but only 3 episodes for Lou diamond Philips? 6 episodes are like a 2 0r 3 part special; not really enough time to get a following is it?

J.J. June 17, 2012 at 9:53 pm

really like this show in all aspects

Barbara Leflar Javkson June 17, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Definitely a keeper! Based on the books by Craig Johnson, with original plots written for the show; Longmire explores the character of both the wild Wyoming landscape and it’s people.

At the same time, a nifty mystery unfolds, solved by Sheriff Walt Longmire’s combination of experience and intuition. Walt’s best friend since high school is Henry Standing Bear, who owns the local bar and helps Walt out when asked (or when he feels Walt needs it.) Robert Taylor as Walt and Lou Diamond Phillips as Henry are as good as it gets character-wise—almost as though the characters hadbeen written for them.

Dory June 14, 2012 at 9:46 am

Couldn’t agree more Gloria. This actor exudes masulinity.

Gloria June 13, 2012 at 11:16 am

Even before the first show ended, I became a fan. The cowboy voice and personality are a sure winner, in my books. The TV western has come back in to the 21st century and it’s been done with class. Keep it coming!!!!!!!