Longmire

TV series Longmire on A&ENetwork: A&E, Netflix
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: June 3, 2012 — TBD
Series status: Cancelled but later revived

Performers include: Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, and Cassidy Freeman.

TV show description:
Set in Big Sky country, this thriller TV show is based on the Walt Longmire Mystery novels by best-selling author Craig Johnson.

Walt Longmire (Robert Taylor) is the charismatic, dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming. Recently widowed, Longmire is a man in psychic repair that buries his pain behind a brave face and dry wit. He’s known for his manners, strength, and old fashioned approach. His dedication to the law and his passion for the great West make him a desirable lawman.

Victoria ‘Vic’ Moretti (Katee Sackhoff) is the newest addition to the sheriff’s office. Leaving the homicide division in Philadelphia after five years, Vic is still adjusting to dealing with the locals in her new town. Her playful relationship with Longmire holds a deeper connection that allows her to be his most trusted deputy. Vic is out to prove she isn’t a rookie and to show she is capable and loyal.

Henry Standing Bear (Lou Diamond Phillips) is Walt’s lifelong best friend and a local bar owner. Henry is a handsome and charming Cheyenne who is fiercely protective of his tribe and serves as Walt’s go-between with the reservation. Being a business owner, he is comfortable with progress and modernity while maintaining a connection with his past, unlike his close friend.

Deputy Branch Connally (Bailey Chase) is a go-getter with blind confidence. He has political aspirations that often motivate him more than solving cases. His resentment toward Walt’s outdated approach further inspire him to run for sheriff, especially after feeling that he is picking up his boss’s slack. He wants to bring Absaroka County into the 21st century, and he longs to update the sheriff’s station with the technology that other law enforcement agencies use.

Another deputy, The Ferg (Adam Bartley), is a big guy with the heart of a puppy dog. He is loyal, sweet, well-meaning and eager to please. A gifted fly-fisherman who knows how to hunt and fix things, The Ferg has a long way to go as an investigator. Even though he may not be a perfect fit for the job, he is no coward.

Cady Longmire (Cassidy Freeman) is Walt’s only child and an attorney with dreams of the big city. After the death of her mother, Cady has taken it upon herself to help her father get his life back together. She is keenly aware of his imperfections and is the only one not afraid to point them out. Her straight talk and sense of humor connect this father-daughter duo even though they both tend to drive the other crazy.

Series Finale:
Episode TBD
This TV show has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

What do you think? Are you a fan of the Longmire TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season on Netflix?

Canceled and renewed TV show

2,135 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Carolyn Sue Saunders says

I am a 67 year old white woman who has had to deal with Reverse Prejudices most of my life.
    The Longmire show has handled some of these facts of life very well and very fair.
    I love everything about the show and my husband and I always look forward to
    watching it.
    Please leave this GREAT show on! Thank You, Carolyn Sue Saunders

2. says

I LOVE LOVE LOVE, this show, I look forward to see sexy Robert Taylor. I stand with all the other folks, don’t take my Robert away!

Now about the Glades, I use to watch it but I lost interest in it. It has become kinder silly

3. Phil Perez says

This is a great show and love it. Every week I can’t wait till the next show. It’s nice to have a program that has a positive strong male role model on it.

4. Judy Marsh says

Longmire is one of the most ground-breaking television series ever.
    It is one of the first television series to portray Native Americans
    in a realistic and positive way. Longmire is just simply a quality
    television show well worth watching.
    And I would very much like to see it renewed for a 3rd season!

5. sandy says

Such a classy show compared to everything else on A&E. Just a great show!! gorgeous photography, terrific acting and such well written scripts. Please bring it back for another season so we can learn what happens to the characters.

6. Rich Kolivoski says

This show took a while for me to get used to. Once I did, it became my favorite. The characters are strong, but flawed and vulnerable. I like to think that if Marshall Dillon of Gunsmoke, lived in modern Wyoming, he would be very much like Sheriff Longmire.

7. Bob Price says

Love this show. I’m a westerns fan anyway and bringing the wild west up-to-date, which Longmire does very well makes it a show that I regularly enjoy and look forward to watching.

The cast and characters are very well complemented by an earthy script that keeps its legs firmly on the ground, while Robert Taylor ideal for the role as the lawman who trucks no nonsense with a gravelly voice that would make anyone pay attention to what he says.

Also, Katee Sackhoff, who I last saw in the excellent Battlestar Galatica, seems typecast to play the part of a good looking but tough female willing to take on all baddies. While Cassidy Freeman, is the gorgeous daughter of Longmire laden with emotional baggage. Finally, Lou Diamond Phillips as the native Indian who has befriended Longmire possesses a subtly menacing demeanour that lets the viewer recognise he is going to be dangerous if pushed in a direction that he doesn’t want to go.

So pleased it was renewed.

• teresa crater says

I’m a western fan. This is the up to date western. Love all charters except Katee Sackhoff,. She would make a stripper but doesn’t come across as a deputy sheriff. {too prissy} The show calls for someone cool and collected smart and cunning, Not Prissy.

8. JoAnn Dietrich says

I agree with the other JoAnn, TV is laking on Monday nights now. I loved watching things unfold on Longmire. Good plots.

9. Jo Ann Batie says

I absolutely LOVE this show!!! Monday nights have nit been the same since the season ended. Please bring it back

10. Deb says

I am soooo disgusted with ‘the powers that be’ who cancel good shows and keep absolute crap on–long-running at that. If Longmire is canceled, then there goes a really good show. The acting is high quality, and stories are interesting and unique. Robert Taylor is a fascinating actor to watch. As is Ms. Sackoff and others. Please keep this show. PLEASE!!

11. Donnie McGee says

A&E, As a Longmire fan. I would like to see the show stay on air. For these reasons, 1. The Longmire show can teach younger kids how people still live . 2. It teaches old time morals. We need to get the younger generations out of the house and outside doing other things than inside playing games. I love the show and how it keep you on edge. I look forward from one show to the next. The characters are not all made up with make up and just themselves. I really enjoy this show.. I VOTE DON’T TAKE THE OFF AIR.. THANK YOU , EZYRIDER

12. Lynn shepherd says

I think Longmire is beautifully written with interesting characters that you want to visit each week. Please do not take this great show off the air. I am actually sad when the show ends. Great dramas are not available on most channels. Kudos to A&E for developing this one! KEEP LONGMIRE !

• Liz Manson says

I agree with all the other fans of this great show. There is so much crap on TV nowadays. Please leave this great series on. It ranks up there with Gunsmoke, Mash, and all the other long running shows. We planned our Monday nights around Longmire. It was a good family night gathering. Please reconsider.