Longmire

TV series Longmire on A&ENetwork: A&E
Episodes: 33 (hour)
Seasons: Three

TV show dates: June 3, 2012 — August 4, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, and Cassidy Freeman.

current TV show

TV show description:
Set in Big Sky country, this thriller TV show is based on the Walt Longmire Mystery novels by best-selling author Craig Johnson.

Walt Longmire (Robert Taylor) is the charismatic, dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming. Recently widowed, Longmire is a man in psychic repair that buries his pain behind a brave face and dry wit. He’s known for his manners, strength, and old fashioned approach. His dedication to the law and his passion for the great West make him a desirable lawman.

Victoria ‘Vic’ Moretti (Katee Sackhoff) is the newest addition to the sheriff’s office. Leaving the homicide division in Philadelphia after five years, Vic is still adjusting to dealing with the locals in her new town. Her playful relationship with Longmire holds a deeper connection that allows her to be his most trusted deputy. Vic is out to prove she isn’t a rookie and to show she is capable and loyal.

Henry Standing Bear (Lou Diamond Phillips) is Walt’s lifelong best friend and a local bar owner. Henry is a handsome and charming Cheyenne who is fiercely protective of his tribe and serves as Walt’s go-between with the reservation. Being a business owner, he is comfortable with progress and modernity while maintaining a connection with his past, unlike his close friend.

Deputy Branch Connally (Bailey Chase) is a go-getter with blind confidence. He has political aspirations that often motivate him more than solving cases. His resentment toward Walt’s outdated approach further inspire him to run for sheriff, especially after feeling that he is picking up his boss’s slack. He wants to bring Absaroka County into the 21st century, and he longs to update the sheriff’s station with the technology that other law enforcement agencies use.

Another deputy, The Ferg (Adam Bartley), is a big guy with the heart of a puppy dog. He is loyal, sweet, well-meaning and eager to please. A gifted fly-fisherman who knows how to hunt and fix things, The Ferg has a long way to go as an investigator. Even though he may not be a perfect fit for the job, he is no coward.

Cady Longmire (Cassidy Freeman) is Walt’s only child and an attorney with dreams of the big city. After the death of her mother, Cady has taken it upon herself to help her father get his life back together. She is keenly aware of his imperfections and is the only one not afraid to point them out. Her straight talk and sense of humor connect this father-daughter duo even though they both tend to drive the other crazy.
space

Series Finale

Episode 33 — Ashes to Ashes
After killing David Ridges, Longmire uncovers a clue that could prove that Ridges killed Miller Beck. Meanwhile, Branch is curious about a possible relationship between his father and Jacob Nighthorse.
First aired: August 4, 2014.

space
What do you think? Are you a fan of the Longmire TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a fourth season?

Cheryl December 31, 2013 at 5:36 pm

OMG, please bring Longmire back!! It’s a Western for petes’ sake and we need Westerns!!

Charlotte Owens December 31, 2013 at 12:22 pm

This is one of the few programs on tv that I truly enjoy watching, First problems with the Duck Dynasty Show and now no Longmire. Going to have to cancel watchingA&E

Di M. Donahue December 29, 2013 at 2:14 pm

.Longmire please bring it back!!!! Agree with Debra, The Glades…Really?

debbie reeves December 29, 2013 at 2:33 am

I want Longmire. My husband and I Love it, with the Duck Dynasty! Happy New Year.

Stephen England December 28, 2013 at 3:55 am

I stumbled across this show a few weeks after its’ debut and my Wife and I were immediate fans.
We can’t fathom why there could be any question about this series being renewed. We haven’t even finished watching season 1 on the DVDs!

Jim December 26, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Having read all the books, I think this series portrays all the characters very well. Extremely well done series, love it.

J. K. Michelson December 22, 2013 at 2:15 pm

I really enjoy this series. I like all the actors and, for me, that’s why I watch a show largely.

Ken Massey December 21, 2013 at 9:25 am

If Longmire is cancelled along with what just happened to Phil of Duck Dynasty, I will pull my plug on A&E.

G. Yazzie December 16, 2013 at 3:53 pm

Please continue “Longmire.” Best show on A&E.

G. Yazzie

Bill Wlliams December 21, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Great show ! Looking forward to a new season to start!

l Karsten December 9, 2013 at 12:40 am

A great series. A show I enjoyed watching compared to some of the other shows on TV. There are only a handfull of shows worth watching and Longmire was one of them.

lavonna black December 7, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Me and my husband have been loyal to Longmire one fine series would love to see it become a long running show. One of the best in a very long time please keep this show on.

Marlene Urben December 3, 2013 at 4:23 pm

I have been a loyal fan and I am hopping that you keep longmire on your schedule. I have read the books before you brought him to the screen. Thanks for a great show and a very good casting of the characters.

Marlene Urben

Robert Price December 4, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Totally agree with your point about the good casting of characters.

Donna November 25, 2013 at 10:23 pm

You’ve got our vote, BRING LONGMIRE back! Love the series. Great story lines, acting, characters, and sure like the terrain. My husband & I live in Montana. We see a lot of familiar scenery, reminding us of “the Big Sky Country”! Longmire is a terrific series & welcomed relief from all the reality shows that are trashing television for a lot of viewers. Hope to see you this series back again & again!

Max burdick November 21, 2013 at 9:44 pm

I enjoy this program very much and hope it continues many more years.

Debra Manwaring November 21, 2013 at 2:38 pm

My husband I really love watching Longmire, it seems when a good program comes on that we both like to watch , they cancell it , like glades . Please do not cancell Longmire It is a fabulous show.