Longmire

TV series Longmire on A&ENetwork: A&E, Netflix
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: June 3, 2012 — TBD
Series status: Cancelled but later revived

Performers include: Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, and Cassidy Freeman.

current TV show

TV show description:
Set in Big Sky country, this thriller TV show is based on the Walt Longmire Mystery novels by best-selling author Craig Johnson.

Walt Longmire (Robert Taylor) is the charismatic, dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming. Recently widowed, Longmire is a man in psychic repair that buries his pain behind a brave face and dry wit. He’s known for his manners, strength, and old fashioned approach. His dedication to the law and his passion for the great West make him a desirable lawman.

Victoria ‘Vic’ Moretti (Katee Sackhoff) is the newest addition to the sheriff’s office. Leaving the homicide division in Philadelphia after five years, Vic is still adjusting to dealing with the locals in her new town. Her playful relationship with Longmire holds a deeper connection that allows her to be his most trusted deputy. Vic is out to prove she isn’t a rookie and to show she is capable and loyal.

Henry Standing Bear (Lou Diamond Phillips) is Walt’s lifelong best friend and a local bar owner. Henry is a handsome and charming Cheyenne who is fiercely protective of his tribe and serves as Walt’s go-between with the reservation. Being a business owner, he is comfortable with progress and modernity while maintaining a connection with his past, unlike his close friend.

Deputy Branch Connally (Bailey Chase) is a go-getter with blind confidence. He has political aspirations that often motivate him more than solving cases. His resentment toward Walt’s outdated approach further inspire him to run for sheriff, especially after feeling that he is picking up his boss’s slack. He wants to bring Absaroka County into the 21st century, and he longs to update the sheriff’s station with the technology that other law enforcement agencies use.

Another deputy, The Ferg (Adam Bartley), is a big guy with the heart of a puppy dog. He is loyal, sweet, well-meaning and eager to please. A gifted fly-fisherman who knows how to hunt and fix things, The Ferg has a long way to go as an investigator. Even though he may not be a perfect fit for the job, he is no coward.

Cady Longmire (Cassidy Freeman) is Walt’s only child and an attorney with dreams of the big city. After the death of her mother, Cady has taken it upon herself to help her father get his life back together. She is keenly aware of his imperfections and is the only one not afraid to point them out. Her straight talk and sense of humor connect this father-daughter duo even though they both tend to drive the other crazy.
space

Series Finale

Episode TBD
This TV show has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Are you a fan of the Longmire TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season on Netflix?

Janet M February 22, 2014 at 1:21 am

Please do not cancel this series. If anything, give it normal run time. It’s one of very few decent and respectable shows on television today. More shows like this might help our world a better place again. The world needs more shows like this!! Without Longmire I’m stuck with the History channel and Smithsonian. It’s the only series I look forward too. The reality TV craze simply stinks. Finally a good quality, well written and acted show and you want to cancel it??? Please rethink that for those of us who remember when TV shows were respectable.

Kathy C February 22, 2014 at 12:58 am

I don’t watch a lot of TV. I work crazy hours and way too much, but I set the DVR to tape my few favorites and I LOVE watching Longmire. I hate waiting so long for it to come back on. Once a year for 6-8 shows is not enough. Both my husband and I enjoy it especially when looking at what is on TV today….most of it is pretty crappy. Please bring Longmire back. It truly is one of the few decent shows on television. Wow there’s still a TV with morals and respect and truly entertaining and they might not bring it back???? May wonders such as this series never cease. We need more shows like this!!

M. Hemmingsen February 15, 2014 at 12:33 am

I know reality shows are for the most part are cheap to make but please dont but please keep making quality shows like Longmire

LOU February 13, 2014 at 3:13 pm

When is Longmire coming back? I love, love, love this series. Please don’t cancel it. What’s on TV now is (pardon my French) CRAP!! WHY do “the higher ups” cancel good honest television? PLEASE DON’T CANCEL.

Patricia Hunt February 12, 2014 at 8:50 pm

I actually look forward seeing longmire so LEAVE THE SHOW ALONE.We get invested in shows and all of a sudden you guys pull the plug..What’s with that? If the powers that be are willing to air shows then LEAVE THEM ALONE. ALWAYS REMEMBER THEY’RE LOTS OF PEOPLE WATCHING!!!! SOMETIMES THE RATINGS MEANS NOTHING….

Patty February 11, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Well, just read that Longmire is to be decided when/if it’s is or not cancelled. Keeping my fingers crossed it’s back on.

Patty February 11, 2014 at 12:08 pm

I so agree with all of the other viewers. It was more authentic than most shows on tv, and that includes overrated Mad Men. I couldn’t wait for each episode, but now I see it’s been cancelled. Maybe if it was promoted more, people would know about it.
Wake up, A&E, you had great actors who played such interesting characters, and the stories showed true American cultures.

Carol February 10, 2014 at 8:25 pm

When is Longmire coming back. Any new?

Dean Greenwood February 8, 2014 at 10:10 pm

I love the Longmire series. The season is always too short and the time between seasons too long. Please let us enjoy Longmire for a normal 26 week season. C’mon Walt, throw your weight around and get take care of this thing! We miss y9ou.

J Robnett February 6, 2014 at 11:55 am

Looking for return date of Longmire.

linda Dilworth February 9, 2014 at 12:43 am

My sister and I love the series and the actors. We can hardly wait for series 2014 to start.Don’t cancel it , please.

Phil February 4, 2014 at 9:26 pm

I love everything about the show. I’m from Wyoming and was initially grabbed by the authenticity and familiarity of all the characters, the setting and the flavor of the interactions. It reminds me so much of the people and places I grew up around. The vernacular and slang was dead on with the people and places of Wyoming. I very much hope it is renewed for a third and many more seasons. It’s real.

Stephen McGraw February 1, 2014 at 8:11 pm

I particularly like this show. It reminds me of the old westerns of my day. Walt plays an excellent part with Lou Diamond Phillips character. The whole series is interesting, funny, serious, and every actor and actress intertwines in surprising ways. I like how all characters developed through the series. Please don’t cancel this series without ending it. Thank you for good programming with this series.

gwendolyn walker February 1, 2014 at 7:46 pm

when will longmire be back…please say soon because there are no good show out now..please bring it back.

Bridget Roy February 1, 2014 at 2:25 pm

when is Longmire coming back it says 2014 but no date

Stephen February 2, 2014 at 3:20 am

I agree with your comments. I keep checking A &E for scheduling but can’t find when or even if this series will return

E. Fidler February 1, 2014 at 12:34 am

When is Longmire returning? This is far and away one of the best written shows on your network. The acting is superb, and the show is one of the very few quality programs left on tv. The majority of shows now seem to cater to the lowest standards, made to appeal to twelve year olds. Longmire is like the older shows that used to appear on TV, ones that you had to engage your brain to watch.