Longmire

TV series Longmire on A&ENetwork: A&E
Episodes: 33 (hour)
Seasons: Three

TV show dates: June 3, 2012 — August 4, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, and Cassidy Freeman.

current TV show

TV show description:
Set in Big Sky country, this thriller TV show is based on the Walt Longmire Mystery novels by best-selling author Craig Johnson.

Walt Longmire (Robert Taylor) is the charismatic, dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming. Recently widowed, Longmire is a man in psychic repair that buries his pain behind a brave face and dry wit. He’s known for his manners, strength, and old fashioned approach. His dedication to the law and his passion for the great West make him a desirable lawman.

Victoria ‘Vic’ Moretti (Katee Sackhoff) is the newest addition to the sheriff’s office. Leaving the homicide division in Philadelphia after five years, Vic is still adjusting to dealing with the locals in her new town. Her playful relationship with Longmire holds a deeper connection that allows her to be his most trusted deputy. Vic is out to prove she isn’t a rookie and to show she is capable and loyal.

Henry Standing Bear (Lou Diamond Phillips) is Walt’s lifelong best friend and a local bar owner. Henry is a handsome and charming Cheyenne who is fiercely protective of his tribe and serves as Walt’s go-between with the reservation. Being a business owner, he is comfortable with progress and modernity while maintaining a connection with his past, unlike his close friend.

Deputy Branch Connally (Bailey Chase) is a go-getter with blind confidence. He has political aspirations that often motivate him more than solving cases. His resentment toward Walt’s outdated approach further inspire him to run for sheriff, especially after feeling that he is picking up his boss’s slack. He wants to bring Absaroka County into the 21st century, and he longs to update the sheriff’s station with the technology that other law enforcement agencies use.

Another deputy, The Ferg (Adam Bartley), is a big guy with the heart of a puppy dog. He is loyal, sweet, well-meaning and eager to please. A gifted fly-fisherman who knows how to hunt and fix things, The Ferg has a long way to go as an investigator. Even though he may not be a perfect fit for the job, he is no coward.

Cady Longmire (Cassidy Freeman) is Walt’s only child and an attorney with dreams of the big city. After the death of her mother, Cady has taken it upon herself to help her father get his life back together. She is keenly aware of his imperfections and is the only one not afraid to point them out. Her straight talk and sense of humor connect this father-daughter duo even though they both tend to drive the other crazy.
space

Series Finale

Episode 33 — Ashes to Ashes
After killing David Ridges, Longmire uncovers a clue that could prove that Ridges killed Miller Beck. Meanwhile, Branch is curious about a possible relationship between his father and Jacob Nighthorse.
First aired: August 4, 2014.

space
What do you think? Are you a fan of the Longmire TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a fourth season?

Liz August 29, 2014 at 10:59 am

Cancelled! That’s the stupidist thing to do. Such a wonderful show. I’ll never watch A&E again. People do not know excellent shows that are running this network.

Patricia Holder Lewis August 29, 2014 at 10:58 am

What the hell is wrong with you, A&E????? BEST show on your network and you cancel????? NEVER AGAIN will I watch your network!!!!

Robert August 29, 2014 at 10:51 am

Longmire was the smartest show on the air. This is still A&E’s second most popular show behind Duck Dynasty (which I don’t watch). I don’t think you can realistically defend your decision to pull this off the air. You didn’t even wrap it up – you left with a cliff hanger with Branch, his dad and Walt. I am sorely disappointed by this as this was my favorite show on TV.

Brenda August 29, 2014 at 10:49 am

WHY?!? This is one of the best shows on TV right now. I am so disappointed!! Keep this show on PLEASE!!!!

Mike August 29, 2014 at 10:40 am

Just emailed Netflix Corporate office to consider picking the up and a great response.

Shauna Boltz August 29, 2014 at 10:26 am

This is a great show. It can’t end. We also have to know what happened from the season finale.

mike August 29, 2014 at 10:23 am

it is very sad day for me. Longmire was by far my most favorite show.

Anonymous August 29, 2014 at 10:19 am

With all the garbage on tv, why is it everytime a good, decent one comes along, you cancel it? Politics?

Jack Bunton August 29, 2014 at 10:05 am

Longmire is the only show to watch on A&E.
All of the other stations have stupid reality shows, or an English actor that you can’t understand, or cop shows. At least Longmire is a refreshing change from all that garbage that is shown elsewhere.

letty August 29, 2014 at 10:03 am

I will no longer be a viewer of A&E. Keep your reality tv trash. Moving on… to the network that picks up Longmire….

Faye August 29, 2014 at 9:52 am

This is nuts……..you get a good show that people like and you cancel it!! What the devil’s wrong with you people???
I suppose you’re going to put one of those idiotic reality shows in it’s place. pffffft………

Holly Stanbery August 29, 2014 at 9:39 am

This is crazy……if anything there should be more episodes……This is a huge mistake for A & E……..I will watch whichever “intelligent” network picks it up and some network will pick it up because it has a HUGE fan base…….way to go A & E…..morons

Bob Donegan August 29, 2014 at 9:36 am

MORONS you cancelled the best show on your network. you will always be a rinky-dink network if you stay with reality shows. once again MORONS

AJ Rutten August 29, 2014 at 8:53 am

*LONGMIRE* cancelled????? I don’t have the words to describe the anger and incredulity I feel!!! Such a quality program! My heart really is broken. My DH (who is terminally ill) adored this show so much as I did. We watched every episode together. Seriously sad about this. Can only hope another network picks up this wonderful show. Will never watch A & E again. There’s nothing left on this pathetic network TO watch. Shame on you, A&E.

Anonymous August 29, 2014 at 10:01 am

Loved the show!!!!!!

Chip Ramsey August 29, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Well said.

AJ Rutten August 29, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Thank you, Chip ☺ Oddly, I don’t feel one bit better after my mini-rant ☺ People are really very upset on Twitter & are trying to make “things” happen for another network (i.e. TNT/FX/USA/Sundance) pick up this amazing program. Stranger things have happened. I was involved in the “saving” of “Friday Night Lights.” Never underestimate the power of a group of very committed people. ☺

Hannah August 29, 2014 at 2:24 pm

AJ – How did you save “Friday Night Lights?” Several of my friends would be committed to saving “Longmire,” which is a wonderful, well-done series.

Gina August 29, 2014 at 1:36 pm

Couldn’t agree more, they did the same thing with the Glades. I will never start watching a series on this channel again! Most of their shows suck anyway Storage Wars, and Duck Dynasty TV for dopes.

Anonymous August 29, 2014 at 1:54 pm

I agree. This was one of the best shows on tv..I don’t watch Reality and won’t watch A&E again.

Lyle August 29, 2014 at 8:43 am

I don’t know what’s in the water but A&E needs to stop drinking it. Longmire is an excellent show.