Longmire

TV series Longmire on A&ENetwork: A&E
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: June 3, 2012 – present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, and Cassidy Freeman.

current TV show

TV show description:
Set in Big Sky country, this thriller TV show is based on the Walt Longmire Mystery novels by best-selling author Craig Johnson.

Walt Longmire (Robert Taylor) is the charismatic, dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming. Recently widowed, Longmire is a man in psychic repair that buries his pain behind a brave face and dry wit. He’s known for his manners, strength, and old fashioned approach. His dedication to the law and his passion for the great West make him a desirable lawman.

Victoria ‘Vic’ Moretti (Katee Sackhoff) is the newest addition to the sheriff’s office. Leaving the homicide division in Philadelphia after five years, Vic is still adjusting to dealing with the locals in her new town. Her playful relationship with Longmire holds a deeper connection that allows her to be his most trusted deputy. Vic is out to prove she isn’t a rookie and to show she is capable and loyal.

Henry Standing Bear (Lou Diamond Phillips) is Walt’s lifelong best friend and a local bar owner. Henry is a handsome and charming Cheyenne who is fiercely protective of his tribe and serves as Walt’s go-between with the reservation. Being a business owner, he is comfortable with progress and modernity while maintaining a connection with his past, unlike his close friend.

Deputy Branch Connally (Bailey Chase) is a go-getter with blind confidence. He has political aspirations that often motivate him more than solving cases. His resentment toward Walt’s outdated approach further inspire him to run for sheriff, especially after feeling that he is picking up his boss’s slack. He wants to bring Absaroka County into the 21st century, and he longs to update the sheriff’s station with the technology that other law enforcement agencies use.

Another deputy, The Ferg (Adam Bartley), is a big guy with the heart of a puppy dog. He is loyal, sweet, well-meaning and eager to please. A gifted fly-fisherman who knows how to hunt and fix things, The Ferg has a long way to go as an investigator. Even though he may not be a perfect fit for the job, he is no coward.

Cady Longmire (Cassidy Freeman) is Walt’s only child and an attorney with dreams of the big city. After the death of her mother, Cady has taken it upon herself to help her father get his life back together. She is keenly aware of his imperfections and is the only one not afraid to point them out. Her straight talk and sense of humor connect this father-daughter duo even though they both tend to drive the other crazy.
space

Series Finale

Episode ??
Has not ended yet.
First aired: ???.

space
What do you think? Are you a fan of the Longmire TV series? What do you like or dislike about the program?

Sharon September 3, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Started watching shortly after the first couple of episodes. Seems like before long we were hooked. It makes Sunday nite something to look forward to.. Hope it comes back and continues in the same type of story.

dukefan9 August 29, 2012 at 10:35 am

Longmire is an addictive show that should go on for many, many seasons. It rates right up there with “Person of Interest” as far as I’m concerned. The writing is intelligent, the casting is excellent. Robert Taylor is nothing short of right-on as the troubled Wyoming sheriff. There is an authenticity to the story lines given the area this all takes place at. The writing doesn’t insult your intelligence and the photography is really outstanding. I can’t wait for season two. I watch re-runs a lot. Can’t get enough of this series. And I’m 73.

Suzanne September 2, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Been watching all the re-runs today back to back. Love the show. It just draws you in. My husband and I really enjoy the show. Please don’t even think about cancelling. So many of the Drama shows that we watch have been cancelled. I don’t watch the reality shows, seems to be that’s all that is on any more. Just getting ready to turn off the t.v. and hit the books. Can’t wait for the New Series. P.S. I really miss Saving Grace.. Suzanne

pam August 27, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Me and my husband look forwaed to watching this show on sunday nights please do not cancel this has been a great show from the beginning.

Leslie August 27, 2012 at 10:26 am

BEST NEW SHOW! Please do not even think about canceling.

Sandra August 26, 2012 at 7:31 pm

My husband and I like westerns. Longmire is the best. We have really enjoyed the characters. We hope that Longmire will be spared.

Becky August 26, 2012 at 4:00 pm

My husband and I both love this show. It is awesome and all the characters, especially Walt Longmire are outstanding! I recorded the season finale and we just watched it. It cut out right at the end when the Denver detective was talking to Sheriff Longmire about his wife’s death. Can someone please tell me what happened?!!

dukefan9 August 29, 2012 at 10:46 am

Hi Becky. You might keep your eyes open this Sunday on A&E. They are re-running a bunch of “Longmire” episodes back to back. The one you mention is there if I’m not mistaken.

Lydia Jimenez August 26, 2012 at 12:56 pm

I have enjoyed every episode and now have my husband and grandson watching it. Hope it doesn’t get cancelled it would really ruin my weekend.

Thomas Gargan August 25, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Best new show on TV. The acting and the cast are perfect! Please do not cancel this show. It is by far my most favorite show! The Books by Craig Johnson are filled with details and dialogue that is great but would be too much for a TVseries. The stories are perfectly blended for TV. Hope everyone checls out this show. You won’t be able to stop watching it.Robert Taylor has the character down perfectly!

Lynn August 25, 2012 at 10:38 am

This is the show I look forward to on Sunday Night, which is not some thing I say very often about many shows. I also record it and enjoy the episodes during the week when nothing on, which is often. Keep it going this is GREAT SHOW AND CAST!

Ava Aiello August 25, 2012 at 6:54 am

I love this series, it’s the best ever. Do not ever cancel this. The characters are great!!!

M McEvers August 23, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Great show, great cast, true enjoyment on tv.

Anonymous August 22, 2012 at 10:51 pm

i am about ready to cancel my cable before i barf
i really like this guy and the show keep it going please

RICHARD August 22, 2012 at 6:23 am

Best show on television, better not cancel it. I am your biggest fan.

Russell August 21, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Love this show….you better not cancel it…

KHS August 21, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Love the show…simple, quick to follow, great cast! Hope it continues!