Longmire

TV series Longmire on A&ENetwork: A&E
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: June 3, 2012 – present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, Bailey Chase, Adam Bartley, and Cassidy Freeman.

current TV show

TV show description:
Set in Big Sky country, this thriller TV show is based on the Walt Longmire Mystery novels by best-selling author Craig Johnson.

Walt Longmire (Robert Taylor) is the charismatic, dedicated and unflappable sheriff of Absaroka County, Wyoming. Recently widowed, Longmire is a man in psychic repair that buries his pain behind a brave face and dry wit. He’s known for his manners, strength, and old fashioned approach. His dedication to the law and his passion for the great West make him a desirable lawman.

Victoria ‘Vic’ Moretti (Katee Sackhoff) is the newest addition to the sheriff’s office. Leaving the homicide division in Philadelphia after five years, Vic is still adjusting to dealing with the locals in her new town. Her playful relationship with Longmire holds a deeper connection that allows her to be his most trusted deputy. Vic is out to prove she isn’t a rookie and to show she is capable and loyal.

Henry Standing Bear (Lou Diamond Phillips) is Walt’s lifelong best friend and a local bar owner. Henry is a handsome and charming Cheyenne who is fiercely protective of his tribe and serves as Walt’s go-between with the reservation. Being a business owner, he is comfortable with progress and modernity while maintaining a connection with his past, unlike his close friend.

Deputy Branch Connally (Bailey Chase) is a go-getter with blind confidence. He has political aspirations that often motivate him more than solving cases. His resentment toward Walt’s outdated approach further inspire him to run for sheriff, especially after feeling that he is picking up his boss’s slack. He wants to bring Absaroka County into the 21st century, and he longs to update the sheriff’s station with the technology that other law enforcement agencies use.

Another deputy, The Ferg (Adam Bartley), is a big guy with the heart of a puppy dog. He is loyal, sweet, well-meaning and eager to please. A gifted fly-fisherman who knows how to hunt and fix things, The Ferg has a long way to go as an investigator. Even though he may not be a perfect fit for the job, he is no coward.

Cady Longmire (Cassidy Freeman) is Walt’s only child and an attorney with dreams of the big city. After the death of her mother, Cady has taken it upon herself to help her father get his life back together. She is keenly aware of his imperfections and is the only one not afraid to point them out. Her straight talk and sense of humor connect this father-daughter duo even though they both tend to drive the other crazy.
space

Series Finale

Episode ??
Has not ended yet.
First aired: ???.

space
What do you think? Are you a fan of the Longmire TV series? What do you like or dislike about the program?

cms October 31, 2012 at 12:49 pm

great show. I like it better than Vagas on CBS. I have all of the longmire books . I hope the series lasts longer than Gun smoke.

grace October 23, 2012 at 4:45 pm

love the show… hope to see it again nxt season

Laurel Werner October 21, 2012 at 1:33 pm

Love the show, now reading the books, keep the series going!!!

Darko Jasenovic October 15, 2012 at 2:51 am

Will the be a season a 2013.
Would like to see more.

joan October 14, 2012 at 11:31 pm

Love the show. Please keep it on. I keep looking on A&E but can’t find it.

Peggy , October 10, 2012 at 9:49 am

Bring him on back,can,t wait!!He is A&E,s JOHN WAYNE.The show is darn good the whole family can watch it.That says a lot about the show.Taylor fits the bill.layed back don,t get in a hurry.Keep,s his COOL and gets the job done.

Karen Ciani October 10, 2012 at 8:08 am

This is one of the best shows that has premiered in a very long time. I am up past my eyeballs on reality shows, rude, overweight little girls who get their own show, housewives who do anything but be a real housewife. It’s about time we had a good old show that has some intrigue, issues, surprises, and it’s a definite family show that I look forward to every week. PLEEEEEAASE renew this series and I hope for many years to come. The characters are amazing with their own set of skills and their own faults but they make it all work even when they would rather not sometimes! We love this show and it would be a shame to have it off the air.

Ann October 9, 2012 at 7:40 am

Please renew this show!! I look forward to the new episodes each week and have my DVR set to record it automatically in case I’m not home. It’s a great blend between the old westerns and the modern world and includes issues concerning Native Americans which I am very interested in. I do have a little trouble hearing some of the conversation sometimes so I have to replay parts of it to catch everything, but I love the show!!!

Chett W October 7, 2012 at 11:22 pm

This show is a keeper! The nation is long overdue for a decent series with a western flair! I miss John Wayne and the Longmire series is just GREAT!!

G. Oakley October 3, 2012 at 6:16 am

The 2012 season of Longmire, was some of the best TV my husband & I watched. We looked forward to it each week, told all our friends to watch it, and DVR’d it to watch again! Now we can’t wait for the 2013 season. I thought it would have started by now! Please don’t cancel the excellently acted series! Renew- Renew- Renew!!!!!! YES!

Louise October 1, 2012 at 9:16 am

My husband & I love this show can’t wait for it to come back on and also my sister nad her husband love it as well. Don’t leave us hanging it would be great if a show is ending that you would at least give the fans a good ending and not leave us hanging as so many other shows are doing makes you wonder if you even want to watch a new show because you might not get to see an ending.
Louise Rudder

M.Miller September 30, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Been watching & waiting, have not seen it on TV in awhile. PLEASE don’t cancel. My husband & I stay home on Sunday nights just to watch. Very good show.

Burt September 29, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Best show on evening T.V.
Please bring it back for 2013

Preston Epperson September 26, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Both my wife and I like the show and would like to see more of it and hope it will be on again soon.

Preston Epperson

Dallas September 26, 2012 at 6:44 pm

The only drama I’ve started to watch since the old Dallas and Gunsmoke series went out of production. It has it all: great settings, unique plots, very interesting interactions between characters, seriousness, drama, sadness, humor. A whole cast of characters you can look up to, or down on. Characters that remind you of people you’ve known, or people you wished you had known, and a few you would never want to meet. And surprise, always the unexpected. It’s a great show. Bring on the next season!