Looking: Season One Ratings

Looking TV show on HBOHBO recently cancelled two of their dramedy series after one short season apiece. Will Looking have better luck? Will it be a success and live to see a second season? Stay tuned.

On Looking, three gay friends in San Francisco make their way through life and try to find love. The series features the talents of Jonathan Groff, Frankie J. Alvarez, Murray Bartlett, O-T Fagbenie, Lauren Weedman, Russell Tovey, Andrew Law, Raul Castillo, and Scott Bakula.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

2/26 update: HBO has renewed Looking for a second season.

What do you think? Do you like the Looking TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

mark March 24, 2014 at 3:14 am

HBO has become just another lap dog for the obummer crowd .There are still a few good shows on, but they are becoming scarce.With the exception of True Detective and a few movies this winter’s programming was the worst in HBO’S once illustrious history.

Starrose March 23, 2014 at 12:01 am

By the way I am a female over 18 and I also watch Girls, which I agree is often annoying and whiney. What’s funny is I, too, added HBO to watch Game of Thrones…which I find money well spent…

Starrose March 22, 2014 at 11:56 pm

The show is great! I have lived in SF and I find a lot of what is depicted very realistic. It’s refreshing to see a show with men looking for love and relationships rather than just looking for their next conquest. I am very glad the show has been renewed.

Bull Winkle March 21, 2014 at 5:39 pm

I don’t find the show boring at all. I’m tired of reality show hype and over-the-top, unrealistic drama. However, the show’s obsession with Latino stereotypes is disgusting. The (typical, tired, untrue) innocent, pure white, Midwesterner meets a Mexican guy & the subject turns to cholos and “uncut Latin dick”. We didn’t see anyone talking about tiny white dick or femme white men. The Mexican worked at… Este Noche & guess who was on video in the club…. Cazwell. A white guy who is obsessed, not with Latino men, but cholo-looking Latino men. So blatant. It’s deliberately told from a (hick) white guy’s perspective – one that sees Latinos and uncut dick. Just seemed so unsophisticated, so racist, so 1980s. The white guy even Googled “uncut Latin dick” and then told the Mexican guy he expected uncut when they had sex. The trend of white males who objectify Latinos as uncut dick and the epitome of blue-collarness has been around for about a decade now. It didn’t exist in the 90s. It crept up when “blue collar chic” came in style and everyone wanted a tattoo and goatee or beard. Speaking of beards. I like them just fine, but the show tries so hard to be “edgy” and hipster, that it’s almost a parody of trendy beard culture. I’m almost expecting women to have them. More than anything, I hope it’s canceled after the second season for the depiction of Latinos, it’s being told from that white objectifying point of view and the curious exclusion of Asians in a city that is 33% Asian.

Jay March 21, 2014 at 10:51 pm

Are Latinos routinely circumcised in the USA today?

Jay February 26, 2014 at 3:28 pm

It’s been renewed. What great news.

David skehan February 25, 2014 at 11:57 pm

The show shouldn’t be renewed, it should be cancelled. The show is boring and its not doing good.

Ali February 24, 2014 at 9:00 am

c’mon give the show some respect , it is going on to be a good one.. better episodes week after week .. stop whining :3

Larry Charles February 21, 2014 at 1:34 am

The show has been picked up for a second season. It has not been announced to the public yet, but it will be back.

Eric February 21, 2014 at 3:38 pm

how do you know? any sources?

Jay February 21, 2014 at 4:30 pm

I’m glad it’s being renewed. I only wish they’d make it an hour long and go for more eps per season.

Larry Charles February 24, 2014 at 6:46 am

I can’t mention the source but it is HIGHLY reliable.

Jasna February 14, 2014 at 12:00 am

Programs such as Looking and Girls are the reason why I dropped my HBO subscription. The only show I was watching was Game of Thrones, not worth the money for one show.
Heterosexual women over 18 aren’t interested in Looking (nor are we interested in that whiny show Girls either!).
HBO is just showing crap these days and I don’t want to pay for it.

dani February 17, 2014 at 8:01 am

Actually, I’d say plenty of straight girls should be interested in ‘Looking’… (cute guys, SF, storylines that are more everyday and relatable on many levels…)

aren’t straight girls a huge audience for M/M books as well?

Jay February 17, 2014 at 7:32 pm

I like looking at LOOKING. Who cares about heterosexual women over 18 anyway?

Drewish February 22, 2014 at 9:11 am

You dropped your subscription over 2 half hour shows? You won’t be missed. And Girls is one of the best shows on TV right now. It’s clever and witty, I really enjoy it. I find Looking is kinda boring thus far but I’ll give it a chance.

Eric E February 12, 2014 at 3:35 am

Yes I do think it should be renewed for a second season. I have never been so connected to a show like this one. I will actually be really desapointed if it gets cancelled.

Steven February 6, 2014 at 9:40 pm

HBO is taking chances on niche markets. They are starting to represent characters who are NOT in the 98% majority of heterosexual, white, middle class men aged 18+ because that demographic is NOT the 98% majority of people in the world. Bravo to the network for taking chances on things out of the ordinary. The shows, while not unproblematic, are fresh and foraging new ground for silent, oppressed voices to be heard.

steve johnston January 27, 2014 at 1:25 pm

Typical show for HBO and they wonder why their ratings keep dropping. HBO once had the Sopranos, Rome, Deadwood, Carnival, Sex in the City, The Wire, and Six Feet Under. All of these shows appealed to pretty much every group/age of people. Today besides Boardwalk Empire and The Game of Thrones HBO has a bunch of shows that only appeal to a selected group of people.

Take Sunday night for example. I watch the True Detective, which so far has been very disappointing, and it’s followed up with Girls and Looking. Both of these shows only appeal to a very small group of people and the ratings back it up. Very few straight men 18 years and older will watch either of these crappy shows.

HBO was once the top network for original programming but today it’s 3rd. Showtime and AMC have so many more better shows and once again the ratings back it up. Come on HBO get your crap in order and start making shows that people actually watch.

claudio February 25, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Actually the best part of HBO is that is not a mainstream channel !!! It is amazing that it shows programs that are not followed by everyone and that the few followers are crazy for the programs . I would personally pay to do a second seson of Looking and a new season of girls . They are AMAZING and so fucking REAL . I can see my self in both the series .