Lost: Michael Emerson Is Glad Viewers Will Get More of the ABC Series

Michael Emerson on LostActor Michael Emerson, who plays the morally-challenged Benjamin Linus on Lost, tells Fancast that he was very happy to hear that the series finale of the ABC TV show has been expanded to two-and-a-half hours.

Emerson said, “The finale script was so thick and so dense with action. When we were shooting it, we went so far overtime that I thought, ‘How are they ever going to squeeze all this into two hours?'”

The actor notes that Lost producers typically try to stuff too much content into the allotted time, “So I’m happy to hear they thought there was enough great stuff that they had to let it breathe. It’s a really great sign.”

Though we haven’t seen Ben on the island in a couple weeks, you know he’ll be back very soon. In fact, word is that he’ll soon find himself involved in an unexpected romance. It’s unknown if this will take place on the island or in the “sideways” world.

It also remains to be seen if Ben will survive to the very end. For now, he’s one of the few main characters that are alive in both timelines.

What do you think? Are you glad that the finale has been “super-sized?” Do you think Ben will make it to the end? Does he deserve to?

Unprejudiced June 22, 2010 at 3:30 pm

Wether its a 20 pound bag of crap or a 25 pound bag of crap……….

It’s still a bag of crap.

To be honest I wish this particular finale had been a lot shorter……..

A0826 May 11, 2010 at 2:18 am

OMG! theory: what if the unexpected romance is with Danielle Rousseau, its the only person i can think of that would make sense and be unexpected at the same time! especially if its unexpected it must be someone we know already so a new character woulldnt be very unexpected.

J. Twaddle May 11, 2010 at 10:09 am

Very interesting theory! I was thinking Juliet (since he was in love with her in the “original” timeline), but Rousseau would be a much better choice.

admin May 11, 2010 at 10:46 am

@J. Twaddle: I’m still hoping Sawyer and Juliet end up together somehow. :-)

Sophie May 11, 2010 at 12:42 pm

That’s a pretty good theory and they have the shared connection of Alex too! If it is Rousseau, I think it will be really sweet. I wonder what she looks like out of the jungle and living as an everyday person!
AHHH! I’m really excited now, I hope you’re right :)

bensconstant May 9, 2010 at 6:47 am

If indeed the island needs a new Jacob and new MIB I can think of no better candidates than Ben and Flocke. Ben has always loved the island and done everything he’s done in the name of protecting it. It would be nice to see him make it to the end.

Sophie May 9, 2010 at 5:03 am

Ooooooooooooo! An ‘unexpected romance’. I doubt it will be on-island, the only two girls left are Kate and Claire (I’m not even couting Zoe) so I think it will definitely be the adorable teacher!Ben who gets some loving! Rightly so!
:D

Gerry Jamison May 8, 2010 at 8:24 pm

He better survive! I don’t know if the actual character deserves to, but along with Terry O’quinn Michael Emerson is one of the best actors on the show. I’d like to see a complete Ben character turnaround save the day.

J. Twaddle May 8, 2010 at 2:37 pm

Being my favourite character on the show, I hope that Ben Linus will make it to the end. Does his character deserve to? Yes and no. He may have caused a lot of strife (kidnapping, inadvertently causing the death of his “daughter”, killing Jacob… etc), but he has also dedicated his life to protecting the island – a thankless job – and it would be sweet to see him compensated for his years of dedication.