Lost: Secret Deleted Scene Proves It Was All Planned

Lost deleted sceneOver the weekend, Lost showrunners Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse stopped by Entertainment Weekly’s “Totally Lost: One Year Later” panel. The two discussed, among other things, the criticisms from people who contended that they were making it all up as they went along.

At the event, Cuse and Lindeloff professed that they had the show’s entire storyline mapped out from the beginning and even had a deleted scene from the first season finale to prove it. Take a look:

Actually, it turns out that the scene was shot a few weeks ago on the Disney backlot. Jack Bender (Lost’s regular director), Titus Welliver (The Man in Black), and Mark Pellegrino (Jacob) reunited to shoot it as special treat for Comic-Con attendees.

While it may not satisfy those who felt cheated by the series finale, it does solve one more mystery. The Man in Black’s name is Barry and apparently he’s not very fond of it.

What do you think? One year later, do you feel any differently about Lost? Love it or hate it? Understand it or still confused?

Mister Peabody August 29, 2011 at 1:10 pm

The biggest disappointment, even bigger than the last season of the reboot of Battlestar Galactica. “It was a dark and stormy night.” Not only did they make it up, the pulled it out of their keisters! Far be it from me to come up with something better, though!

mike August 17, 2011 at 6:44 pm

i thought the ending was a big disappointment. it didn’t even make sense!

orangefools September 19, 2011 at 2:04 am

Agreed for me watching the show seasons after seasons deserve a far lot better ending than that…

matt August 13, 2011 at 9:16 pm

this just made my night i love lost and always will

judson August 6, 2011 at 9:13 am

I liked the show, but felt totally betrayed by the ending. Not the whole last epsidoed, just the part about everyone waiting in purgertory, or wherever, and then moving on to heaven. The producers promised no “it’s only a dream” ending, that was the same thing.
I felt that I wasted the whole last year because it wasn’t real. I was going to buy the dvd, but that ending ruined it for me.
That said, Jack laying down to die and Vincent snuggling with him was great.

debbie August 3, 2011 at 7:45 am

At first a was quite reluctant to watch the show(didn’t start it until series was almost over). I watched the first episode and was HOOKED!! I spent HOURS watching on my Wii intending to watch an episode or two, only to end up staying up into the wee hours watching more because at the end of each you were left hanging. Am I still confused? Yes!! I still love the show though. I loved this little clip added to “explain” lol.

Bizzle August 2, 2011 at 3:35 am

I Loved lost for the firs 3 or so seasons but then it got a bit stupid imo! Still will go down as one of my all time favorite TV series though

Robert M. August 1, 2011 at 8:10 pm

I ordered my LOST: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray) today. It’s time for yet another rewatch and I’m super excited. I loved LOST from beginning to end; I’ll forever be a devoted fan.

JackTheRipper July 28, 2011 at 12:50 pm

Lost rocks!

Marizol July 28, 2011 at 9:36 am

I’m still suffering from “Lost” withdrawal. The ending was lovely. I just didn’t want the series to end. Great series, one of the best I have ever seen.

Robert M. August 1, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I’m still suffering also. I need more LOST!

Zach April 22, 2013 at 8:23 am

Wish Lost went on for more seasons but I guess I’ll just have to re-watch it again.

jacqueline t. July 26, 2011 at 8:02 pm

that was great!

Samara July 26, 2011 at 8:01 pm

I think all of “Lost” was great, including the ending! In my opinion, no show will ever even come close to matching the enigmatic, perfectly cast, fantastically written and beautifully acted phenomena that “Lost” will always be! It will forever be a classic!

I did think the clip was funny and enjoyed watching the two actors play those parts again!

Darvedd July 26, 2011 at 9:07 am

Still the best.

Kat July 25, 2011 at 7:25 pm

I was laughing the entire time. That was great. But truthfully, I was satisfied by the series finale and thought it tied things up nicely, for a series that seemed like there was no chance in hell of that happening. I didn’t think the ending was confusing at all, it just required some additional thought. And I don’t feel any differently about it one year later.