Made in Jersey

CBS TV series Made in JerseyNetwork: CBS
Episodes: Eight (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 28, 2012 — December 29, 2012
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Janet Montgomery, Kyle MacLachlan, Felix Solis, Stephanie March, Toni Trucks, Donna Murphy, Erin Cummings, Megalyn Echikunwoke, Drew Beasley, and Alexandra Socha.

current TV show

TV show description:
This dramatic TV series follows a young working-class woman who’s employed at a prestigious New York law firm. Raised in New Jersey, she uses her street smarts to compete alongside her pedigreed Manhattan colleagues.

Martina Garretti (Janet Montgomery) finds the cut-throat atmosphere of the Stark & Rowan law firm very challenging. However, what she lacks in an Ivy League education she more than makes up for with tenacity and blue-collar insight.

After she spends just a few weeks on the job, Stark & Rowan founder Donovan Stark (Kyle MacLachlan) takes note of Martina’s ingenuity and resourcefulness.

TV show supportOthers that can’t help but notice Martina are third-year chair Nolan Adams (Kristoffer Polaha) who is part of Manhattan’s royal literati; Riley Prescott (Megalyn Echikunwoke), a second-year at and the daughter of the former U.S. Ambassador to Sweden; her sassy secretary, Cyndi Vega (Toni Trucks); and River Brody (Felix Solis), a former LAPD detective turned firm investigator.

With the support of Martina’s big Italian family — including her sexy older sister, Bonnie (Erin Cummings), and her encouraging mother Darlene (Donna Murphy) — she’s able to stay true to her roots as a bold, passionate lawyer on the rise in a new intimidating environment.
space

Series Finale

Episode #8 — Ridgewell
Martina is called to the stand when a remark she made to her client resulted in him assaulting the CEO of a chemical plant. Meanwhile, Darlene quits her job and starts becoming more opinionated
First aired: December 29, 2012.

space

What do you think? Do you like the Made in Jersey TV show? Are you sorry that the TV show was cancelled?

Bill January 19, 2013 at 7:07 pm

I really liked this show. Janet is great. Bring it back!!!

Karen Snyder January 16, 2013 at 11:09 pm

We loved this show!!! I don’t think you even gave it a chance! Please bring it back . . .one of the most entertaining family friendly show.

Geri from Las Vegas January 11, 2013 at 6:19 pm

As a former New Yorker who was born in Jersey, I love this show. How can people love realty shows (like Housewives) yet fail to see reality in shows like this. People think that this show may be sterotypical, but this is life. Jersey girl does well because of upbringing and street smarts. I am concerned that most ratings seem to be mid country rather than east or west coasts where the mix of people are.

Shame on you for taking these types of shows off. How do you poll? Most of the people I know here and back east love it. Please reconsider.

Sandra wagner January 7, 2013 at 6:17 pm

We love this show I can’t believe you didn’t even give it a chance .Here look at some of the show you are keeping ,oh my gosh what awful shows . Please rethink your decision this is really a good show. It’s clean and refreshing

Carole December 30, 2012 at 11:21 pm

Very entertaining. Good cast. Certainly a cut above some of the series the networks keep on year after year after year.

kathie zarthar December 30, 2012 at 1:59 pm

i LOVE made in jersey! thought it was funny and interesting… why was it cancelled? low ratings? b.s. the ones on Saturday nights on CBS are great!!! DO NO CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!

gil December 29, 2012 at 11:17 pm

A great down to Earth show. True honest emotions and beliefs. Scrab all the made up reality crap. My wife and I loved the show. CBS you screwed up hope another network or even CBS brings it back.

michael goldman December 29, 2012 at 10:02 pm

We like this show My wife and I both watch this show Its entertaining well written and acted It has a serious side and a comedic side to all the episodes CBS do the right thing and bring this talented group of actors and writers back for a second season

Anonymous December 29, 2012 at 8:48 pm

This is a great show. Bring it back

maryjolocke December 29, 2012 at 7:33 pm

i like made in jersey it is a good show please bring back show

Marilynn December 2, 2012 at 12:51 pm

The cancellation of Made In Jersey is a huge mistake. The show brings common sense and logic that is truly missing in our current times. Thought provoking in doing the right thing? Imagine that. The writers have it right here. I prefer these types of shows to reality crap. Many current TV shows are pushing interracial relationships and same sex relationships down our throats to make us all feel it is okay to be the way a person feels or is. I have no issues with this and I suppose in 5-10 years it won’t be pushed at us like in the past with twin beds for married couples (Dick Van Dyke Show and I Love Lucy). How do you think Richie and Little Ricky were created anyway? I am just saying that having TV shows that show good morals, common sense and thought provoking logic is a breath of fresh air. Do the right thing and bring this show back with its talented writing staff.

joanne December 2, 2012 at 3:17 am

I hope this show continues I really like it and enjoy it immensely

Menyoun November 20, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Please bring this show back…we need more cute funny shows..I am tired of all the Vampires and evil shows…we need to laugh! People need shows that make them laugh and have fun! We don’t need things that scare us all the time.

Monika November 4, 2012 at 7:36 pm

I think it’s a shame to see this show pulled! I thought it was very good and the two shows that aired made me want to come back for more – good stories and entertaining! There aren’t very many programs that catch and keep my attention these days, but surely it takes more than 2 showings to determine ratings, especially to prove “declining ratings”!!! This seems patently ridiculous…why not pull some of the nauseating “reality” shows off the air instead. The Made in Jersey cast seemed solid, strong, and authentic. What a shame not to see this show and its cast/crew get a real chance.
I’d like to see this one put back on the air.

Fifi November 1, 2012 at 5:54 pm

Made in Jersey barely got its toes wet and they pulled it, i think if given at least somewhat of a chance it could have caught on. Give new shows a break instead of fill our tv sets with reality garbage. I hate what tv has become give us some true entertainment!!!

rita wright November 24, 2012 at 9:21 pm

My husband and I both watch and enjoy Made in Jersey; it is such a clean, breath of fresh air from all the stale, overdone, empty, no imagination, male adolesent sex fantasies that are polluting the air ways and laughingly failing in their attempts to be funny or entertaining. At least, this show had some writers and not voyuers; and was entertaining because of the plots and not the same ol’ innuendoes and sleezy sluts and sex starved dweeds thrown at us in the other excuses for sitcoms!