Magic City: Cancelled by Starz, No Season Three

Magic City special previewStarz has officially cancelled Magic City after two seasons on the air. The 16th and final episode of the low-rated series will air this Friday night.

“We are tremendously proud of the series and everyone involved,” Starz said in a statement released to Deadline. “From the writers, to the cast and crew, it has been an incredible collaboration. This was a story born from Mitch Glazer’s singular vision of Miami, the Magic City of his childhood, and we are grateful to him for bringing it to life on Starz. The season’s story arc will allow us to deliver a satisfying conclusion to the series, and we thank all the fans who checked in to the Miramar Playa.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a third season of Magic City? Do you think it’s a better show than the ratings indicate?

greg March 7, 2014 at 12:08 am

BYE starz!!!!

sherri March 2, 2014 at 10:32 am

Very disappointing to hear that STARZ’ s best series was cancelled. Magic City was entertaining and the only reason I hung on to my subscription. Black Sails is awful and really dumbed down.

Brittney February 21, 2014 at 2:15 am

I am very very disappointed that there will not be a season three that is the only reason I even got Starz back. Very sad..

Diane Landers February 26, 2014 at 12:17 am

Yes,my whole family is very upset that this series was cancelled. We feel like it left you up in the air about several of the characters, what happened to them?????? I am so upset about it that I don,t know if I will ever watch another one again!!!!! Your rating was so very wrong!!!!!! I know a lot of people that feel the same way about it, they loved this series like my family did, what a wonderful series, we looked forward to watching it, very few series do that! You were so wrong on your rating! This series could have gone along time! What a big mistake you have made such a waste to drop it! You have really upset a lot of people! So very SAD!

kimmar46 February 18, 2014 at 11:20 am

Recently a CEO of Starz explained the cancellation of Magic City as being too expensive to produce. You’ve got to be kidding me — “Too expensive to produce” REALLY??? Did this series cost that much more than Spartacus, DaVinci Code, White Queen and Black Sails?? Magic City represented a very unique time in our Nation’s history, when things were changing rapidly. It was full of all the glitz, glamour and intrigue of a now-forgotten time. The acting was great, music wonderful and storyline captivating. It was the only period piece of it’s time and quality on tv. It was one of the rare times I found that my husband and I enjoyed watching the same thing. I can’t get him to even sit down to watch Black Sails. He is so disgusted with Starz for cancelling this wonderful series.

Sofie February 17, 2014 at 6:30 pm

It is with great dissapointment that I reald there would be no season 3.
I am not sure why there were LOW RAtings as I read many viewers like myself couldn’t wait for each new epizode to be aired…It was fresh , exciting, characters, dresses, amazing cars-the whole atmosphere of the 50s brought nostalgia…

Betty February 13, 2014 at 8:00 pm

I am soooo disappointed I loved the show I’m thinking about letting starz go they have no more good shows

Kim February 9, 2014 at 9:42 am

This sucks! Spartacus…gone. Now Magic City. Starz is quickly losing my interest and possibly my subscription. I’m not really impressed with Black Sails. Magic City was an awesome show it had an amazing story line, awesome cast, set in a very interesting time in history, its was believable and drew you into the story. I seriously wish they would reconsider and let the show play out longer.

Sharon February 9, 2014 at 8:03 am

I love that show. Have been waiting all this time for the third season only to find out Its been canceled. What a big disappointment!!!!!! Shame on you Starz!!!!!

Teresa February 8, 2014 at 10:05 pm

I am soooo disappointed! This was the only show my husband and I watched together. We were so looking forward to season 3. We have watched it since it began and loved everything about it. Ditto the other comments; the acting was superb and the suspense left us hanging on every word. We just couldn’t wait for the next episode. My husband made me wait to watch with him if he couldn’t watch it right away. He couldn’t stand the thought of me finding out what happened next before he did. Shame on you, powers that be of Starz! I have cancelled our subscription! There’s nothing else worth watching on your network! I do hope you come to your senses and change your minds!

Denise Carver February 7, 2014 at 11:50 am

BOOO!!!!

Stephanie January 28, 2014 at 10:19 pm

What the heck??!! We LOVED that show!!! One of the BEST on tv!! Danny Houston’s portrayal of The Butcher was genius!! This really sucks.. Black Sails is a disappointment as are all the other shows on Starz.. Boss and Magic City were smart and well written with talented actors.. I think we’ll cancel our subscription..

TLW January 23, 2014 at 10:26 pm

I can not believe MC is not coming back for a third season. I guess I need to be educated regarding how the low ratings are determined. I’m shocked, and I would really like to see this decision overturned.

danny g January 22, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Wow, didn’t know that the ratings were so bad that Starz woul cancel this series. I loved it. Was really looking forward to Season 3. I hope starz changes their mind. This blows!

Marti January 11, 2014 at 3:11 pm

Well, now that Starz has decided to cancel another one of our favorite shows, I would cancel Starz if it weren’t for the “Outlander” series beginning sometime in the future. I have read all of these books and it should be a great series if they don’t screw it up and cancel it after only one or two seasons like they did Magic City. MC was a great period time piece of history that was one of the few shows both my husband and I enjoyed watching together. The music was great, the scenes were great (I felt like I was actually there), there was a lot of suspense, the acting was great, and there was a lot of true history of the times thrown in for good measure. They have lost another good show in their line-up before it even had a chance to gather what they consider a large enough fan base. The Outlander series might save some viewers but I am going to view anything they do in the future with much skepticism as they obviously have no idea what the fans want.

Mary January 11, 2014 at 11:38 am

My husband and I enjoyed watching the first two seasons of Magic City and we were lolling forward to season 3. I hope they reconsider this decision and bring the show back!!!!

Marti January 11, 2014 at 2:56 pm