Magic City: Cancelled by Starz, No Season Three

Magic City special previewStarz has officially cancelled Magic City after two seasons on the air. The 16th and final episode of the low-rated series will air this Friday night.

“We are tremendously proud of the series and everyone involved,” Starz said in a statement released to Deadline. “From the writers, to the cast and crew, it has been an incredible collaboration. This was a story born from Mitch Glazer’s singular vision of Miami, the Magic City of his childhood, and we are grateful to him for bringing it to life on Starz. The season’s story arc will allow us to deliver a satisfying conclusion to the series, and we thank all the fans who checked in to the Miramar Playa.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a third season of Magic City? Do you think it’s a better show than the ratings indicate?

233 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Happy chef says

Cancelled??? gheeze…Magic City was awesome….Starz is crazy for canceling this show. I may have to cancel Starz!!

2. Tom M says

What a shame, Starz had a great drama show
    & if it had low ratings probably because they did not promote it well!

3. Dana says

I cancelled my starz subscription bc of this. The programming on Starz is horrible.
    Starz competes with amazing showtime & HBO original programming and then they cancel the ONLY show that was worth the monthly fee. I’m not paying for starz without magic city. Someone else needs to pick up the show- it was fantastic .

4. suzanne peiffer says

So sad that one of my favorite shows is not returning. Magic City was a gem in a sea of junk. Great job. Actors were incredibly talented. Story line terrific. Would love to see it return. If not, I’ll watch the two past seasons on reruns or Netflix. Maybe Netflix would pick it up?

5. Gary Ohman says

This is one of the best shows i have watched in years. Great plot and story lines. Needs to com back. Please

6. says

I’ve been looking and checking my TV guide checking for my show Magic City.
    I knew it was getting time for Season 3 and I just found out there’s not going to
    be one. I don’t see any reason to keep Starz channel anymore, Magic City is the
    only reason I have it.
    Take the best show off and put on the dumbest shows I could care less about and do not watch.
    Jeffery Dean Morgan (Ike), loved to watch and ( Stevie), the whole cast was great.
    I will truly miss Magic City.

• Jaime says

I was wondering the same thing and I kept waiting and waiting. You post was exactly what I was thinking. This show was the only reason I kept Starz. I am really upset about this. I loved the show.

7. Janie Quinn says

So sad there is no 3rd season for Magic City. Loved this show. Ditto on comments above. Come on Starz.

8. Sabrina says

Are you kidding me!!!!! NO 3Rd SEASON??? Pleeeezzzze bring it back.! We need something other than the Kardashians and cooking competitions! It’s right there with Rome and Deadwood, you just need to advertise more.