Magic City: Cancelled by Starz, No Season Three

Magic City special previewStarz has officially cancelled Magic City after two seasons on the air. The 16th and final episode of the low-rated series will air this Friday night.

“We are tremendously proud of the series and everyone involved,” Starz said in a statement released to Deadline. “From the writers, to the cast and crew, it has been an incredible collaboration. This was a story born from Mitch Glazer’s singular vision of Miami, the Magic City of his childhood, and we are grateful to him for bringing it to life on Starz. The season’s story arc will allow us to deliver a satisfying conclusion to the series, and we thank all the fans who checked in to the Miramar Playa.”

What do you think? Are you sorry that there won’t be a third season of Magic City? Do you think it’s a better show than the ratings indicate?

felicia July 16, 2014 at 9:19 am

So fucking disappointed their wont be a season 3…., this was a great show with a great cast…..

Tamara July 15, 2014 at 7:42 pm

So disappointed. Loved Magic City. The acting was great, the costumes were true to period, and the story line fast and furious. Please come back.

felicia July 16, 2014 at 2:50 am

anonymous July 14, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Very sad, such a great show.

Rob Hardy July 14, 2014 at 2:36 am

Completely shocked to learn that Magic City would not be returning in the Summer of 14. It was one the best shows on TV IMO. The storyline and writing were unpredictable. The characters were rick and developed, and the sets/location were so lavish. The stage was set for season 3 to be the best. Be nice if Starz doesn’t want to develop it further that maybe they could sell it to another premium network. Or maybe even NetFlix. Certainly better/more entertaining than alot of the predictable crap still going strong major networks IMO. Anybody ready for CSI Des Moines?

felicia July 16, 2014 at 9:21 am

I totally agree with you Rob

sue atkinson July 10, 2014 at 8:02 pm

My husband and I were extremely upset that there wont be a season three of Magic City, it was one of the best programs on tv. Hopefully the network will rethink its decision and please many of us that are holding on.

Ligas July 7, 2014 at 11:10 pm

I just looked up this thread and my heart sank, this is by far my favorite damn show on television, and also starz’s best show, what a shame another good show gets cancelled. Starz’s your really killing me, cancelling starZ tomorrow

Pedro July 5, 2014 at 8:37 am

I was just reminiscing and thinking about the show. I haven’t seen a show come close to the plot as Magic City. They have to reconsider!

Julie June 30, 2014 at 10:16 pm

We have been waiting for the next season. What is going on! Loved this show! I will be canceling Starz! This show was the only reason we had it.

Sandra Spivey July 25, 2014 at 3:00 pm

I am with the rest of you and I too, will be canceling Starz. It was a very poor decision to cancel it. I don’t know where they got their data from but everyone I know who watched this show loved it. We would always discuss the show after each airing. Really going to miss that along with the show.

Jeanierides June 30, 2014 at 9:16 pm

Starz and the Morons who decided to cancel this will be sorry. That was a great show without the idiot plots of almost everything else they have to offer.

grace martinez June 30, 2014 at 8:11 pm

What a bunch of a__holes ! That dude is sooo fine! The show is way
better than any other series dumb Starz has. I have been waiting for the show to start but now that its not Iwill cancel Starz. Starz can go f___k your self.

LAD June 28, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Can’t believe they are cancelling the show! I love shows that are about the past! Always taking the good shows off and keeping the crappy ones on! Great actors and actresses. BRING IT BACK!!!

Jeanie and Dave June 23, 2014 at 10:24 pm

Magic City was one of the best series on any network. Beautiful sets, actors, cars, and one quick moving intellectual story line. Idiots canceled this series. What is the matter with the networks.

Susan Hoose June 22, 2014 at 5:10 pm

Loved this show. How can you do this. There is sooooo much crap on tv. Why take off the good stuff

Jenny Matthews June 21, 2014 at 8:35 pm

My husband and I loved this show. I’m really bummed. Season 2 was so intense and I really wanted to see how things would play out! Total bummer!

Marilyn Alderman June 20, 2014 at 11:10 pm

Ok….this is a sad turn of events! I LOVED this show! Even talked my son and my husband into checking it out and they were hooked from the beginning! We had a marathon secession and enjoyed every minute of watching it together! Now it’s been cancelled? Wtf! Super sad and terribly disappointed in Starz! This show and the characters were amazing! I’ll miss the drama and excitement of the show! To bad that it didn’t receive the audience that it deserved! Boooooo Starz! Bring it back!

Anonymous June 28, 2014 at 1:13 am

Cannot Believe tey discontinued it , there should be at least a conclusion episode terrible decision !