Magic City: Season Two Renewal for Starz TV Show

Magic City renewed season twoStarz has renewed its new TV series, Magic City, for a second season. The renewal comes more than two weeks before the show’s official premiere on April 6th. Yesterday, the cable channel announced their plans for a three episode preview on March 30th. The period drama, created by Mitch Glazer, has already been sold worldwide, into 70 international territories.

Magic City revolves around the world of Miami’s Miramar Playa Hotel in 1959. The TV series stars Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Olga Kurylenko, and Danny Huston, with Steven Strait, Christian Cooke, Jessica Marais, Yul Vazquez, Dominik Garcia-Lorido, Kelly Lynch, and Elena Satine.

Starz’ chief executive officer Chris Albrecht, said, “Magic City is a beautifully written, superbly acted, and visually stunning series, and we feel the quality of the work accomplished deserves a second season. It has already been sold in more than 70 territories worldwide, and represents the kind of premium entertainment the Starz brand is seeking to create.”

Production on Magic City’s second season is expected to get underway later this year and should air sometime in 2013. Starz ordered eight installments for season one and has asked for 10 installments for season two.

What do you think? Are you more likely to watch Magic City, knowing that it’s already been renewed for a second season?

Billy Gretchyn August 20, 2012 at 5:02 pm

I think
The show is slow but and outer fantastic

Anonymous July 23, 2012 at 12:52 pm

excellent new series, glad to hear it has a 2nd season

Cami Lampert June 3, 2012 at 2:39 pm

I am mad about “Magic City” it is the best thing to hit TV…..far surpasses the Soprano’s
and Mad Men (which is not great this season) I love Ike, Stevie, Ben, Lilly and Vera….the storyline is so intense, I love the cars, the clothes, the beautiful people…..please bring it back quickly, I will watch the re-runs until then. By the way, I have turned on so many friends and colleagues to this show and every one of them has not stopped thanking me.

Al capone May 27, 2012 at 7:42 am

watched the first episode never again boring load of nonsense. why would any union cause a strike in a hotel featuring sinatra. The unions in that era were Mafia dominated and so were the hotels. Sinatra was a friend of the mafia so this would not have happened

Janet May 26, 2012 at 2:31 pm

This is THE BEST SHOW on the Network! Creative, alluring, sinister, sexy and Suspenseful. Can’t wait for next season!

Anonymous July 1, 2012 at 4:47 am

I’m with you there! This show absolutely captures
The essence of the period, music , cars , women the
Entire culture. I can’t wait for season 2.

mag May 22, 2012 at 8:43 pm

BORING!!!!!

Mark May 22, 2012 at 8:32 pm

They need to kill off Christian Cooke and Garcia’s daughter. They are the worst actors on television. What did Dominik get the roll cause Mitch Glazer owed Andy Garcia? Or did he just want to kiss his ass?

marg May 22, 2012 at 8:29 pm

BORING!!!!! Where is the character development? The best part of the show was the girl masterbating
.. What a joke

jam May 21, 2012 at 6:32 am

Love the show. I am so glad it will be on another season.

T. London May 6, 2012 at 10:08 pm

It’s too cliched and very predictable when it comes too the lead characters, I imagine the season finale will be predictable as well. Let me guess when they get ready to go after Ike his son doing the DA apprenticeship will choose his family and tip them to any evidence they have on his father, and the brother having an affair with the mobsters wife either he or she or both will be accused of his murder. I’ve watched 5 episodes and I’m just not felling it.

tony April 21, 2012 at 7:08 am

Waaaaay to slow…..

Rita April 15, 2012 at 6:41 am

I love the Magic City series on Starz. The actors are intence and sexy. Love the cars; clothes; scenes of Miami; and an opportunity to back in time for an hour. Will watch!

Larry & Rose March 20, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Definitely, show looking great. We love the cast and gold era. Finally another great show on TV.

Tha Critic March 20, 2012 at 10:47 am

Another “Mad Men”, huh?

Kat March 20, 2012 at 8:30 am

Well, this certainly beats Luck, which got renewed after only a repeat showing of their premiere episode! But I’ve got no interest in watching it.