Magic City

Magic City: canceled or renewed?Network: Starz
Episodes: 16 (hour)
Seasons: Two

TV show dates: March 30, 2012 — August 9, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Olga Kurylenko, Steven Strait, Jessica Marais, Christian Cooke, Elena Satine, Dominik Garcia-Lorido, Taylor Blackwell, and Danny Huston.

TV show description:
This dramatic TV series takes place in 1959, shortly after the Cuban Revolution, and is set in Miami Beach.

Isaac “Ike” Evans (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) is the majority owner and boss of the Miramar Playa, Miami Beach’s premier resort. It’s a turbulent time in Miami, but it’s THE place to be. The Kennedys, the mob, and the CIA all hold court there.

Ike is the star of his hotel — but everything comes at a price. To finance his dream, he sold his soul to mob boss Ben “The Butcher” Diamond (Danny Huston). Ike’s second wife Vera (Olga Kurylenko), a former showgirl, and his three kids (Steven Strait, Christian Cooke, and Taylor Blackwell) think he’s an honorable man, but he can’t break his pact with the devil. His life is a façade.

In fact, nothing at the Miramar Playa is what it seems. By day, it’s diving clowns and cha-cha lessons. By night, escorts have secret liaisons with husbands in the family cabanas, while Miami’s seedier residents and the law drift together to hear legendary singers, musicians and comics. As his world threatens to implode, Ike fights for his family, and the Miramar Playa, in Magic City.

Series Finale:
Episode #16 — The Sins of the Father
Ike and Ben’s future hangs on the outcome of the gambling bill. Klein weighs Ike’s offer to get The Butcher. Stevie and Lily face the end. Vera’s heart is broken.
First aired: August 9, 2013.

What do you think? Do you like the Magic City TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a third season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

132 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

Magic City was a great show! Why would they cancel it? I switched to Starz just so I could watch this show, so I will cancel Starz. Get the show back in production!!!

2. says

my wife and I have been counting the days when we hear magic city is coming back.then I just saw that it was cancelled.oh no!! that’s one of those shows that keeps us clued to the set.all week we talk about what happened on the sow waiting for the next episode.we are still hurting over the lost of sparecus.now this come to your senses and bring back that show.its on par with boardwalk empire /walking dead/all those great programs just give it a chance to grow on more folks.its also to long between airrings some folks lose touch.bring it back.

3. Anonymous says

Magic city was a wonderful show featuring the styles from the 1950s -60s. I wish they would bring this show back . I truly enjoyed it.

4. Paula says

I wish they would quit cancelling the good shows. Magic city was a great story for tv. Please bring it back. Why do they cancel these kinda shows?

5. vok says

I just watched Season 2 Finale dated 8/9/13… It was great..very true to life. I could not believe Klein was talking to Ben Diamond and he was being kept alive to go to prison. Then I checked other showings on Direct Tv– “000”. I saw online that it had been CANCELLED…….What a loss to the network!!! I was FIRED from Home Depot 11/5/13… and I CAN’T watch all my shows to date. I’m learning more about the internet now also. What could happen between Meg and Ike? Did Mercedes really have a miscarriage? Will Danny, Stevie, Vera and all.others forgive Ike??? I will mis them all!!! Can’t the show return later? Did Sy..(James Caan) really blow up in that car?? UNTIL you wisen up!!

6. says

I was really looking forward to season 3 >> MAGIC CITY is a show that younger viewers can actually learn something while viewing, and was very interesting to me as I could relate to as many of the political aspects are ones that I remember while growing up >> there is a lot of junk that gets renewed …. why not this great writing (and cast) show ? >> I HOPE THAT SOMEONE ELSE PICKS UP THIS SHOW >>

7. Cameron Gee says

Does anyone know the intricacies of how another network can go about pursuing the ownership of a previous network’s show? It makes ZERO sense that Magic City got cancelled & I’d love for another cable network to pick it up. It deserves a Season 3! I’m so let down & disappointed :(