Major Crimes: More Episodes and Possible Spin-Off

Major Crimes spin-offThere’s more Major Crimes ahead. TVLine reports that the upcoming third season of the TNT series has been expanded — from 15 to 19 episodes — to match the size of season two. The first 10 episodes of season three are scheduled to start airing on June 9th.

In addition, TNT is reportedly considering a Major Crimes spin-off. The new show would focus on Jon Tenney‘s character, Special Agent Fritz Howard, who originated on The Closer.

Tenney has appeared on several episodes of Major Crimes already (without his TV wife Kyra Sedgwick) and will return in season three. Word is that the spin-off could also star Malcolm-Jamal Warner in his role as Lt. Chuck Cooper from season two.

What do you think? Are you looking forward to season three of Major Crimes? Would you watch a spin-off?

stephanie September 29, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Love Major Crimes—yes I would love to see a spin-off !….GREAT IDEA !

clweaver September 19, 2014 at 12:35 pm

I watched the closer then major crimes yes I would really like to.see another series from this foundationpl

Rita jones August 31, 2014 at 2:57 am

Love Major Crimes. Have watched since the beginning. Would love seeing Jama Warner in a series. Have watched him since the Cosbey Show will Bill Cosbey. He bring reality to the show. I like that he has girl friend.

Anonymous August 19, 2014 at 2:22 pm

I LOVE Rusty. I think as an actor he is really good and I love the charater. That’s what got me hooked on watching Major Crimes and keeps me watching. I love the relationship he and Sharon have.Life just isn’t always like that but it sure feels good to think it is for at least an hour. I love this show and I love Rusty.

Angie August 18, 2014 at 8:37 pm

I would love a spin-off starring Jon Tenney. He was the best part of The Closer and Major Crimes but never had a lot to do. I could live without Brenda Leigh Johnson making an appearance.

JF Dougherty August 11, 2014 at 10:44 pm

I used to really enjoy this show until EVERY episode seems to include the soap opera of Rusty. This character is so annoying, I stopped watching. I couldn’t care less about this sniffling, balding, and irritating actor and character. He should take his wretched comb-over and exit this show. I’d have no problem if producers decide to kill him off or send him away to some location in the witness protection program.

Nina August 8, 2014 at 5:02 pm

We need more episodes!!!!!! We start to care about these characters and then they go on hiatus! No fair. Plus I love that many of the characters are “mature” but let’s get more episodes in before they all kick off ! Also wasn’t Ricky’s name Richard ALAN Raydor when Jack came back the first time??? And didn’t Tao say he only had one son in the episode that included his son, Kevin. Now he has three kids in college at the same time? Still, l love the show, love the characters! More episodes !!! And Sharon and Andy need to be a couple!

Nina August 11, 2014 at 11:07 pm

Wow! How negative! I LOVE Rusty and think GPM is an awesome actor. His facial expressions tell volumes! Love the relationships between him and other characters -especially Provenza! Proflynnza should take Rusty to a baseball game, Tau should take him to the La Brea Tarpits and Sykes and Julio should take him to Disneyland to give him the experiences he missed growing up. Those could be great stories!

Jfdougherty August 15, 2014 at 4:54 pm

Oh puke!! The real major crime is thinking Rusty adds to the storyline. GPM’s best role was as Anna Nicole’s son (who coincidentally was also written out of story). Too bad there aren’t more soaps on TV so he could continue to develop his wretched acting skills. Woulda been perfect as a lead character in “As the Stomach Churns”. Perhaps he could get a job at Disneyland or as a spokesman for the “hair club for men”.

Barbara August 16, 2014 at 10:19 am

What ever Jfdougherty! I LOVE the show AND I LOVE Rusty. It is refreshing to see something different and real. The storyline keeps us guessing and its not the same old storyline week after week….

Anonymous August 16, 2014 at 2:56 pm

I hate the Rusty storyline……as for the new spinoff show with Jon Tenney…it would be great if Brenda Lee would be back….but I won’t watch if they have him get involved with that blond slut….