Major Crimes: Season Three Ratings

Major Crimes TV show on TNT season 3 ratingsWhile Major Crimes hasn’t been nearly as successful as its predecessor, The Closer, the series has still done very well for TNT. Will it continue to be one of their most popular shows? Will this TV series be cancelled or renewed for season four? Stay tuned!

Major Crimes follows the further investigations of the detectives in the Los Angeles Police Department’s Major Crimes division. The crime drama’s cast includes Mary McDonnell, GW Bailey, Tony Denison, Michael Paul Chan, Raymond Cruz, Robert Gossett, Phillip P. Keene, Jonathan Del Arco, Kearran Giovanni, and Graham Patrick Martin.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

7/18 update: TNT has renewed Major Crimes for a fourth season.

For comparisons: Season two of Major Crimes averaged a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.74 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Major Crimes series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a fourth season?

Snowdogmom July 22, 2014 at 9:55 pm

Finally! It only took 3 and half seasons. Episode “Two Options” reminded me of The Closer and not just because Fritz was in it. Action, out of the station in the field, ALL the team in action, helicopters always a plus, very little Rusty. The hour flew by like it used to when watching The Closer. Maybe there is hope after all. I hope this just wasn’t a tease to introduce a spin-off show for John Tenney and the female Swat officer and they will go back their somewhat boring in the station all the time format with way too much forced Rusty storyline.

Greg July 22, 2014 at 7:56 pm

I liked the show before this latest episode but after this latest episode I am a die hard Fan. What great acting and real life tough decisions that are made every day. I can’t say enough about the acting from all the characters even the frightened children and the neighbors while all this played out. Fritz, Sykes and the kid in the tub, Julio and the actor helping Julio were so real. You don’t see acting like this every day. I have watched the episode about 10 times. Chow’s last words says it all for me “Whoa-Oh”!

Tina July 19, 2014 at 7:35 am

Major Crimes got early Season 4 renewal announced on 7/18/14.
It is among the top 5 most watched Cable programs.
The actors abilities, its audience appeal and quality of production is proof enough that it deserves this renewal!

snowdogmom July 15, 2014 at 11:15 am

I have to say I liked this weeks episode Jane Doe #38 better than last weeks episode. They were out of the station FINALLY! Rusty story arc is still getting old. Unbelievable he’s at the station so much doing homework. However, I watched this while waiting for Longmire to come on. LONGMIRE episode was AWESOME!

Dennis Lessick July 17, 2014 at 5:17 am

For snowdogmom and other fans—-I saw this weeks episode of Major Crimes–enjoyed it and like I said give it time—only 4 more episodes till the finale for this half of the season–I have a feeling it is going to have a few surprises! I watched the previews for next week and if I am not mistaken Fritz gets shot which leaves me to wonder and I think there is a good chance that Brenda Lee(Kyra Sedgwick) may be making a guest appearance—I could be wrong but I am waiting to see next week. If I am right it will be great o see “Chief Johnson” back! THANK YEWWW!! THANK YEWWW SO MUCH!!!(LOL)!!!!

snowdogmom July 8, 2014 at 2:34 pm

I think they lost me as a viewer last night. The concept of Rusty talking to his therapist and narrating the murder of week just didn’t cut it. I was hoping they wouldn’t go there but they did, Rusty is gay. How original, NOT! I’m just sick of the whole Rusty thing. They are trying to hard to come up a story arc to keep his character on the show. I’m just not interested. So miss The Closer and would rather watch Closer reruns. Brenda’s parents were way more interesting and fun than Rusty. Maybe if they green light another spinoff for Fritz it will be better.

cupcake July 8, 2014 at 12:58 am

I think Major Crimes is so boring and too good to be true. The show is much too serious and the way they suck up to Sharon makes me sick. The only reason I watch it is because I keep hoping they will bring Kyra back. The Closer was funny and very down to earth. You should have a sense of humor while performing your job, not be Jack Webb on Dragnet. Laughter is what is missing. The Closer was my favorite show and I still watch the re-runs. I’m very disappointed and will not continue to watch what is left of the series.

snowdogmom July 8, 2014 at 2:35 pm

So agree!

Dennisssick July 9, 2014 at 2:32 pm

I have written many e-mails about this show and like many others LOVED the CLOSER and also still watch it in reruns and there was nothing funnier than when FLYNN and PROVENZA would get into hot water with Brenda(like the Baseball game incident or when all their evidence got stolen from Provenza’s trunk) but after watching this weeks episode I have one question to all Major Crimes fans—Who did not see Rusty’s announcement that he is gay coming???? I e-mailed many times to please STOP with Rusty’s whining already and get Philip Stroh’s trial over with so Rusty can FINALLY have a decent storyline!!!! Also because for maybe 2 episodes Brenda will be back because she has to testify in Stroh’s trial! I guess that now that we know Rusty is gay we have his new storyline but being a gay man myself—-PLEASE, I could have come up with a better storyline than his being gay! Personally I think the announcement of Sykes’ romance with the new detective(Malcolm Jamal Warner) is more interesting!!! And you know who could have a terrific storyline—-BUZZ!!!! Especially when Flynn and Provenza try and put one over on him and in the end Buzz makes out and the 2 of them get screwed–LOLOLOL!!!! Honestly—get some better writers!!!!I will keep watching though as I think Major Crimes MAY have a chance yet at coming up to speed with The Closer!!!!

snowdogmom July 9, 2014 at 7:02 pm

Well said Dennissick. I think they finally lost me though as a viewer. We’re 3 years in and I guess I’ve lost hope. I’m not a big Sykes fan and they are just not writing for “the guys” like they should. The Rusty story arc has got on my last nerve.

Dennis Lessick July 10, 2014 at 11:47 am

LOL—For snowdogmom—Thank you but do me a favor and at least watch the show till the end of this season and then make up your mind! I have a feeling Flynn and Provenza are going to pull a couple of “doozies” and you wouldn’t want to miss that(lol)!!!! Keep watching!….Dennis

snowdogmom July 15, 2014 at 11:10 am

Well I did watch last nights episode and it was a lot better than last weeks. They actually got out of the station. The Rusty story arc still gets on my nerves. Not too realistic that he is at the station so much doing homework. Is there something wrong with Sharon’s apartment?

carol bowyer July 5, 2014 at 6:25 pm

Please do not cancel……..

Snowdogmom July 3, 2014 at 4:12 pm

I loved The Closer, it was favorite show, and have been hanging in there for 3 seasons with Major Crimes looking for some spark of what was The Closer. I have to say it has not matched the quality of The Closer. I find myself bored too often which never happened with The Closer. I think the dynamic of “the guys” has changed. The funny episodes with Flynn and Prevenzia are gone, remember the one where they were going to a Dodgers game? Flynn seems to becoming smitten with Sharon. You hardly notice Tao anymore and Buzz’s role seems to be non existent. All they do with Sanchez is to show him losing his temper. Too much time spent in the “station” and not out in the field. Now with the latest story arc of Rusty’s mother returning and being in rehab it has taken another bad turn. Just have no interest in a story arc about Rusty’s mother’s rehabilitation and the latest episode was SO predictable with her using Rusty and not actually making it to the half way house, like everyone didn’t see that coming! Graham Martin does a great job as Rusty as does Ever Carradine as his mother but just not interested at all. Then the question if Rusty is gay or not, another “been there” overdone story arc. It’s come down to I’m watching this only because there is nothing else on at this time worth watching at 9pm and I’m waiting for Longmire to start at 10pm. Very disappointed. Now they are talking a spin-off! Get this one right first.

Dennis Lessick July 4, 2014 at 10:44 am

I agree that the “Rusty” storyline has a lot to be desired! Don’t get me wrong I absolutely LOVED The Closer and even these day continue to watch them in reruns whenever they are on and I really DO enjoy Major Crimes(as in the past with The Closer, whenever Flynn and Provenza get themselves into hot water in some kind of ridiculously funny situation) but I also like Sharon and her new role! However–and it seems like every week I am literally yelling at the TV–ENOUIGH with Rusty and his constant whining and crying and complaining! NO-ONE could be as gullible as he is in the storyline with his mother and her drug addiction—I just want to shake him and say “Wise-up!!!!” You are old enough to know(especially since he basically lives with police) that she is PLAYING you!!!! I am so sick of POOR POOR Rusty—-enough—get Philip Stroh’s trial over with(bring Brenda back to testify along with Rusty) and MOVE ON ALREADY!!!! For God’s sake I am not a writer but I could come up with more interesting storylines for Rusty than the writers now are doing!!!! I will ALWAYS watch MAJOR CRIMES and will ALWAYS be a fan but I am afraid if the writers don’t start doing a better job(as they did in The Closer) this show may just not make it!!!!

Michael O'Rian June 15, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Great actors; they interact with each other well.

Ruth McLain June 14, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Love this show!!!!! A must return for TNT and us the fans!!!! Why does TNT cancel all the good original TV shows?!!!! I.E. Monday Mornings >ยทยท<!!!!!!

Verna June 14, 2014 at 12:24 pm

This show is well written, interesting & the characters interact well. I like the show very much & hope that it stays on the air. It has a bit of humor that runs through it as well. Please keep it on the air. It’s very entertaining.

Dennis Lessick June 14, 2014 at 8:02 am

YES—this is the answer to the question “Will Major Crimes survive?” It took me 2 yrs.before I ACTUALLY watched an entire episode of The Closer simply for the fact I was not all that familiar with Kyra Sedgwick however after watching just ONE episode I was and still am (watching reruns) hooked on The Closer and absolutely still LOVE the show. I believe this is what will be happening with MAJOR CRIMES if people just give it a chance!I don’t know about anyone else but as much as I like this show I am starting to get a little tired of “poor poor Rusty and ALL his”growing up” problems! Every time you turn around he has another problem with his absentee mother when he should get down on his hands and knees and Thank God for Sharon! Granted he still has to deal with Philip Stroh but THAT is what his storyline should be about—basically I’m sick of his “whining!”Let’s move on to the serious business of SOLVING CRIMES!!!! Kudos to MAJOR CRIMES—I am FOREVER a viewer!!!!

jen June 14, 2014 at 5:56 am

RENEWWWW

Anne Haasnoot June 13, 2014 at 4:07 pm

Even better than the closer. Keep it on.

Frank Romo June 13, 2014 at 4:02 pm

This show, excels in it’s content, characters and chemistry. At first after the closer, I thought it would fall flat, but these actors have carried it in great form. TNT has had great luck with these type of cop dramas, Southland was another fine piece of style drama. It shows it’s flaws in it’s characters, keep up the great work!