Major Crimes: Season Two Ratings

major crimes season two ratingsThough Major Crimes didn’t bring in big ratings like The Closer, the spin-off still did very well. Will it continue to do so or, will the ratings fall in season two? Will the TNT series be cancelled or renewed for a third year? We’ll have to wait and find out.

Airing on Monday nights, Major Crimes features the talents of Mary McDonnell, GW Bailey, Tony Denison, Michael Paul Chan, Raymond Cruz, Kearran Giovanni, Phillip P. Keene, Jonathan Del Arco, Graham Patrick Martin, Robert Gossett, and Nadine Velazquez. There are 19 installments this time — vs last season’s 10. The latest ratings are below and the list will be updated after each episode.

UPDATE: Major Crimes has been renewed for a third season of 15 episodes.

Final season averages: 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 4.74 million total viewers.

Compared to the series debut last August, the season opener was down by 30% (vs 7.18 million). However, it was on par with the end of last season’s finale (5.13 million).

Reference point: The first season of Major Crimes averaged a 0.9 demo rating and 5.18 million viewers.

Cable ratings are typically released within a day or so of the show’s airing, except for in the case of weekends and holidays. They are sometimes harder to come by so there may be occasional delays or gaps.

What do you think? Do you still like the Major Crimes series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

MeLM April 8, 2014 at 8:29 pm

I loved the Closer. And I love Major Crimes too. I kinda like Sharon Raydor’s different approach in cases.. i hope the show will make it as big as The Closer.

K Barrett April 9, 2014 at 9:19 am

yippee! starts back I think in early June!

CP March 28, 2014 at 11:30 pm

I love this show & look forward to each week’s episode! It’s great to see the continuation of the characters; the story lines are excellent & really draw you in to the interactions of the squad. I think it would helpful if it was advertised more, as I only found it by mistake & was thrilled to see the continuation after “The Closer” finished (it was my favourite show). I suspect the ratings are down because of the lack of advertising, and the late time slot. I PVR it to watch at a more convenient time (rather than midnight on Friday night).

t jansen January 15, 2014 at 10:12 pm

I love the show and think it is one of the better shows on tv now days and DO NOT QANT IT CANCELED I would be very disappointed.

Tina January 16, 2014 at 6:05 am

Don’t worry, it’s been renewed for Season 3.
They have already started working on scripts and will start filming in March. It will be back by June, July at the latest!!

admin January 16, 2014 at 12:36 pm

There’s a link with info about the renewal above the chart.

KB January 16, 2014 at 12:42 pm

YIPPEE ! so much “not so good” on these days – would hate to lose this one :)

debbie January 14, 2014 at 2:41 pm

it would be a blast if brenda showed up for trial……great spot for guest appearance

KB January 6, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Loved the Closer. We miss Brenda. Got ok with Major Crimes. Rusty is real good aspect, but can’t go on this track forever. don’t want him to “die”, just grow into another aspect of “Rusty”. Who is Joe Flanigan? …. I still think the ADA lady is under Stroh’s thumb, but we will see (if the series is renewed, I hope its renewed.). Will they have Stroh appear at all (Billy Burke has that Revolution series now – I guess it’s still going, husband watches, I don’t). ? tonite is next to last show of this season. hope its renewed.

Tina January 6, 2014 at 11:00 pm

Major Crimes was renewed last August for a third season.
The episode tonight was “on the edge of you seat” non stop action! The best episode to date with Sharon Raydor providing much of the action! And Rusty was on point as a character facing a life and death situation.
Can’t wait to see the rating’s! Hope people were watching!!

KB January 6, 2014 at 11:04 pm

YIPPEE on the renewal for 3rd season! we’ll be watching in central Florida, in-laws watching in Charlotte, NC – hope everyone all over is watching it!!!

Lee Shatto April 14, 2014 at 11:20 pm

We LOVE this show. How dare they cancel it? what happens to Rusty?

Tina April 15, 2014 at 7:22 am

Don’t worry it’s not cancelled!
They are already filming their third season. They just finished episode 2 this week. So we have the show for a third season. We’re hoping for an extra 4 episode announcement anytime in the next month or so!
As for Rusty, it will be an interesting season from what I understand just stay tuned!
Season 3 starst Monday, June 9th at 9 p.m. Be sure you tune in!!