Major Crimes: TNT Series Renewed for Third Season

major crimes season three on TNTMajor Crimes isn’t as big a hit as The Closer but it’s still doing very well. As a result, TNT has renewed the cop series for a third season.

One on cable’s top summer dramas, Major Crimes has been averaging 4.87 million viewers each week. When you take the series premiere out of the mix, that’s about the same as the viewership in season one.

TNT ordered 19 episodes for season two and 11 of them will have aired by next Monday night, the summer finale. The remaining installments will kick off in November.

The cable channel has ordered 15 episodes for season three and they’ll start running next summer.

In addition, TNT has also renewed Rizzoli & Isles for a fifth season and Perception for a third. The fates of Franklin & Bash and King & Maxwell are still uncertain.

What do you think? Do you like Major Crimes? Do you think they should make any changes to the show?

Mary April 1, 2014 at 10:17 am

You need to renew this show! I was always trying to figure out when it was on, though, so please advertise it more often. I’m hanging on the edge of my seat over the finale. This is so much better than the closer (which I also loved). It has more integrity and everyone is ‘real’, not so ‘hollywood contrived’. Love, love love!!!!!! Keep it!!!!!!!

maddie March 17, 2014 at 11:08 pm

I think that major crimes rizzoli n isles, franklin n bash preception, and dallas all should be renewed these shows are great n i think franklin n bash should have a longer season. I look forward to these shows. I think you networks should quit messing with a good thing if it aint broke dont fix it. You networks always screw everything up by canceling your best shows

kwilly December 4, 2013 at 7:19 pm

I’m really happy to hear that the show’s being renewed. It’s getting better all the time. This week’s episode (Dec. 2) was excellent!

ALEX August 20, 2013 at 6:23 pm

Major crimes is a gooood show

imo tnt should produce 20 episodes per season

Lin August 20, 2013 at 1:11 am

I am glad to see another season for MC. The cast is starting to work well together (well, maybe they could lose Rusty, but then he’s brought Raydor out of her guarded shell) and it will be interesting to see if MM can develop her complexity in the next season.

Rosemary Armesto August 16, 2013 at 10:22 am

I love this show. The cast has melded together and work as well as they did under Brenda Leigh Johnson. Great Show – keep renewing.

Tina August 15, 2013 at 7:02 pm

This is the best news!! This show is awesome and Mary McDonnell is amazing as the lead! The squad has become a more cohesive group backing their new leader and proving their loyalty to her!
They all get far more screen time than they did in the shows predecessor. That is a VERY good thing.
I am thrilled that we will get another season.