Make It or Break It: Cancelled, No Season Four

season four canceled MAKE IT OR BREAK ITIt’s the end of the competition for Make It or Break It. ABC Family has cancelled the TV show after three seasons on the air.

Make It or Break It revolves around top young gymnasts who are training for the Olympics. The series debuted in mid-June 2009 to a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.5 million total viewers. The ratings fell as low as a 0.6 in the demo with 1.9 million but that was still enough for the cable channel to renew it for a second season of 20 episodes.

The ratings got worse in season two but ABC Family still renewed Make It or Break It for a third season. This time however, they only ordered eight episodes. According to network president Michael Riley, it was “in time to ignite Olympic fever.”

If there were a possibility of ABC Family ordering a fourth season, those chances were pretty quickly dashed. Season three debuted to a 0.7 in the demo and 1.57 million. By week two, viewership had dropped off more than 25% and the numbers fell further in week three.

Should Make It or Break It have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The five episodes of season three that have aired thus far have averaged a 0.5 in the demo with 1.23 million total viewers.

At least part of the decline may have been due to the losses of Chelsea Hobbs and Josh Bowman (who’s now on Revenge). Coach Sasha (Neil Jackson) also hasn’t been seen much this season.

Of the cancellation, series creator Holly Sorenson tweeted, “MIOBI nation. We all love you so much. And we are, very sadly, three weeks away from the series finale of #miobi.”

The final episode of Make It or Break It airs on May 14th.

What do you think? Were you still watching? Are you sad that the show is ending?

Sarah May 11, 2012 at 10:14 am

It’s such a shame, there has been so many new storylines added and fans will be left without proper closure of the series. There is still a couple of months before the olympics, they could have at least of followed it up till then and ended on a high!

DiDi May 9, 2012 at 11:15 pm

I dislike the fact that my monday night tv will be gone and this is disappointing like seriously as much as i like secret life you might as well end that too because they were one and the same but make it or break it was better. you folks are so lame sigh :(

Laura May 9, 2012 at 7:38 pm

I love Make it or Break it! I don’t get why the one show that is even remotely family friendly has to be cancelled? Is it because they mentioned God or praying one too many times? Or because the only character that was openly bisexual is no longer on the show — causing the show to not to meet the apparently requisite gay/bisexual or transgendered quota in order to be renewed? Or perhaps it was because one of the main characters was too vocal about being a Christian?

So, ABC “family” which was it? Was this show to wholesome for your network?

Becky May 9, 2012 at 5:15 pm

I really liked this show and watched it from day one…far better written than Secret Life or a few of the other shows on ABC Family. I don’t get it….

Andrew DeCaro May 8, 2012 at 1:54 pm

Well I’m Sad That Make it or break it is Cancelled but they should not have cancelled it in the first place becuase pretty soon there’s nothing on to watch on TV but that stupid bland Trya Banks program America’s Next Top Model which i can’t stand Trya Banks Cause It’s too Dull to watch it So i wll come up with a tribute to make it or break it i have 3 songs for the tribute the songs are Goodbye Yellow Brick Road by Elton John by the way that song came out the year before i was born next will be one of my favorite songs of 1985 Don’t You Forget About Me by the group Simple Minds That came out in 1985 which i was 10 years old but i turned 11 later in 1985 and last but not least will be of course will be Good Riddance The Time Of Your Life by Green Day it came out in 1998 since i started listening to Hot AC Radio Which i Don’t do anymore Thank You

Gymnast in Seattle May 7, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Very disappointed the show is ending.

anon May 5, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Jdawson, that is so cuteee! payson really is a model to look up to.
Ceola, you definitely make a great point. this is ridiculous. the no closure.
it really makes me disgusted of abcfamily, in no mood to watch anymore of their shows.
a show without a good closure makes the whole season look stupid!

Anonymous May 4, 2012 at 11:54 am

I think that they should allow at least more episodes of season 3 and have them compete at the Olympics.

kkrigger May 3, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Sign the online petition to keep Make It Or Break It on ABC family at: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/808/896/836/

Anonymous May 2, 2012 at 11:08 pm

I hope they bring it back somehow. I love this show, and its totally more relatable compared to the others.

Amy May 2, 2012 at 12:07 am

No no no :( plzzz add another season I love this show sooooo much It my favorite thing to come home too. This show means alot to me

nicole May 1, 2012 at 2:21 pm

This sucks! I love this show and so do my kids…

Johnathan April 30, 2012 at 10:52 pm

This really blows, great show! I’d this because the majority of the viewers watch
On the website or on HULU?

steve April 30, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Are. U kiding it takles real story lines that are in every day life. I

Jaimie April 30, 2012 at 7:32 pm

MIOBI has been my favorite show for the past 3 years. I can’t believe it’s ending. I’ve watched it religiously every Monday. I wish they would change their minds and bring it back for another season.

Marie May 1, 2012 at 6:05 pm

I am so disappointed. I love this show. I watched it on Netflix and fell in love with the show ever since. I am disappointed it has been cancelled and shocked.