Make It or Break It: Cancelled, No Season Four

season four canceled MAKE IT OR BREAK ITIt’s the end of the competition for Make It or Break It. ABC Family has cancelled the TV show after three seasons on the air.

Make It or Break It revolves around top young gymnasts who are training for the Olympics. The series debuted in mid-June 2009 to a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.5 million total viewers. The ratings fell as low as a 0.6 in the demo with 1.9 million but that was still enough for the cable channel to renew it for a second season of 20 episodes.

The ratings got worse in season two but ABC Family still renewed Make It or Break It for a third season. This time however, they only ordered eight episodes. According to network president Michael Riley, it was “in time to ignite Olympic fever.”

If there were a possibility of ABC Family ordering a fourth season, those chances were pretty quickly dashed. Season three debuted to a 0.7 in the demo and 1.57 million. By week two, viewership had dropped off more than 25% and the numbers fell further in week three.

Should Make It or Break It have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The five episodes of season three that have aired thus far have averaged a 0.5 in the demo with 1.23 million total viewers.

At least part of the decline may have been due to the losses of Chelsea Hobbs and Josh Bowman (who’s now on Revenge). Coach Sasha (Neil Jackson) also hasn’t been seen much this season.

Of the cancellation, series creator Holly Sorenson tweeted, “MIOBI nation. We all love you so much. And we are, very sadly, three weeks away from the series finale of #miobi.”

The final episode of Make It or Break It airs on May 14th.

What do you think? Were you still watching? Are you sad that the show is ending?

rebecca tayllorr July 30, 2012 at 6:43 am

i loved that show it was the best and to end it like that it was so sad

Gym mom July 29, 2012 at 8:17 pm

I also just discovered this series about a month ago on Netflix. My daughter who is a young gymnast herself and I are addicted. We have watched all 48 amazing episodes and after researching online for the 4th season to be released we see that the show has been cancelled. REALLY !!!! We love this show please being it back!

Liley Smith July 25, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Please bring back Make It Or Break It. I love that show! It is so much better than the other shows on Abc Family, and I am very disappointed it was cancelled.
I am an aspiring athlete, with a dream to go to the Olympics. The show was very relatable for me, and I somehow felt connected to the characters.
I, like many others, watched the show on Hulu. It took me one week, and i was so hooked I stayed up all night watching. I loved MIOBI. Now that the show is on Netflix and Hulu, maybe it gained popularity! Please finish season three, and if the ratings go up, Season 4 it is!!!! If not, the show is obviously not right for tv. Please bring back MIOBI!

Amanda July 25, 2012 at 2:41 pm

I really, really, really, REALLY hope that ABC Family will reconsider their decision. It was horrible and I miss Make it or Break it so much, it’s unbearable. :( I really loved it; loved watching about Lauren, Kaylie, Payson, and their friends. It was truly an amazing show. I just do not understand how they could cancel it! So sad. I have to say that I honestly feel MIOBI was the best show on their channel.

Brooklynn Dawson July 20, 2012 at 10:55 pm

I Just Discovered this show a month ago on netflix and I’m in loved their was no season for tried to look for it online sadly I found out it was cancelled…

Angelica July 13, 2012 at 12:35 am

I think that they should bring the show back because since it has been on Netflix it may have gained more popularity. I actually am one of the probably tons of people that watched the whole thing on Netflix and got completely addicted to the show!! I absolutely HAVE to know who’s going to win the Olympics! I hope that the show can resume very soon :( It’s perfect timing.. The Olympics is right around the corner..

miobi August 6, 2012 at 5:11 pm

your so write

MG July 6, 2012 at 11:15 pm

This was the only good show on this channel to watch and to leave us hanging expecting to see who on the show would win gold in addition to who would win at the real Olympics was something to look forward to. Thanks ABC family for giving me every reason to not tune into your channel again *insert sarcasm here*. With any luck they’ll at least show the entire show again in reruns so we can all get our fix.

michelle July 3, 2012 at 3:33 pm

i miss miobi! when will it come back on?!!?!!?!?!

tara July 2, 2012 at 8:50 pm

It was like 1 of the. 5 fa shows on Abc Family now I’m sad that it returned I really wanted to c what would happen with loren now we will never find out :(

Jennifer Ruiz July 1, 2012 at 8:09 pm

I am still very sad bacause MIOBI is CANCELED that was my one and only show i loved on ABC Family all the other shows are worthless and lame. There should be a season four. In season 3 i was starting to like Lauren and and i was happy that Payson found a boyfriend (Rigo). And i was hoping that kaily and Jordan would become besties again. But we will never know about anything like who will win the gold medal. NO ONE WILL EVER KNOE BECAUSE THE SHOW IS CANCLED ALL NECAUSE OF ABC FAMILY. THANKS ALOT ABC FAMIY FOR CANCEL MY ONE AND ONLY INSPORATION. :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

Amanda June 29, 2012 at 12:47 pm

You know what I’m really upset this show inspired me I now take gymnastics lessons and watch the woman’s gymnastics Olympic trials can’t they just have a season 4 and finish what they started? I literally cried for 3 hours and I still pray and have hope that it will finally have a 4th and 5th season :/

Maddie June 22, 2012 at 9:04 pm

this litteraly made me sadly sick to hear that this show was cancelled i think, and i know that u dont think so, but this show was actually worth watching and it should not be taken off air….i still have HOPE!

Terri June 19, 2012 at 4:20 pm

I am so upset. They cant leave me guessing like this. I am a dedicated viewer and i demand for MIOBI to come back on. They end just when im starting to like Lauren. This is why I dont watch t.v any more all the good shows are canceled and the ones that are good are going to be canceled. So thanks ABC for ruining my much needed t.v time. I now have little to nothing to watch.

Mercedes May 22, 2012 at 7:50 pm

i am very upset this show is gone!!! i loved it.

Marie Smith May 22, 2012 at 2:12 pm

WOW! I was really looking forward to watching another season…..can’t believe this was canceled :( I watched it from the beginning…so sad to see it go