Make It or Break It: Cancelled, No Season Four

season four canceled MAKE IT OR BREAK ITIt’s the end of the competition for Make It or Break It. ABC Family has cancelled the TV show after three seasons on the air.

Make It or Break It revolves around top young gymnasts who are training for the Olympics. The series debuted in mid-June 2009 to a 0.8 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.5 million total viewers. The ratings fell as low as a 0.6 in the demo with 1.9 million but that was still enough for the cable channel to renew it for a second season of 20 episodes.

The ratings got worse in season two but ABC Family still renewed Make It or Break It for a third season. This time however, they only ordered eight episodes. According to network president Michael Riley, it was “in time to ignite Olympic fever.”

If there were a possibility of ABC Family ordering a fourth season, those chances were pretty quickly dashed. Season three debuted to a 0.7 in the demo and 1.57 million. By week two, viewership had dropped off more than 25% and the numbers fell further in week three.

Should Make It or Break It have been cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The five episodes of season three that have aired thus far have averaged a 0.5 in the demo with 1.23 million total viewers.

At least part of the decline may have been due to the losses of Chelsea Hobbs and Josh Bowman (who’s now on Revenge). Coach Sasha (Neil Jackson) also hasn’t been seen much this season.

Of the cancellation, series creator Holly Sorenson tweeted, “MIOBI nation. We all love you so much. And we are, very sadly, three weeks away from the series finale of #miobi.”

The final episode of Make It or Break It airs on May 14th.

What do you think? Were you still watching? Are you sad that the show is ending?

anonymous March 2, 2013 at 7:11 pm

seriously!!!! i waited all day at school to come home and watch make it or break it on netflix, we finished all 3 seasons in a week! if you seriously dont think people like it then maybe you should get your facts right. when me and my sister found out is wasnt coming back on, we got really mad and still are. even my 5 year old niece lookked forward to it…..

do you think there is any way they would put it back on air?

Jj March 2, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Please keep make it or break it

SELINA February 22, 2013 at 10:17 pm

WHY WHY WHY WHY ARE YOU GUYS ARE TALKING OUT MAKE IT OR BREAK IT. NOW WE DON’T KNOW WHO WON THE OLYMPIC OR WHAT HAPPENED TO EMILY AND HER BABY. JUST SAY THAT PAYSON MADE ME BE MY SELF AND JUST SAYING THAT SASHA IS HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT I <3 YOU. :}

Kayla January 16, 2013 at 11:17 pm

What!? So much didn’t even get to happen! Was Emily going to come back? How were the girls doing? Lauren and her dizzy weirdness! Hello I wasn’t done watching the series! Please please please put it back on air!!!!!! I have been waiting and didn’t even realize it was cancelled. I am quite upset :(

Amanda January 2, 2013 at 10:40 am

Please put the show back on for one last season, myself and the fans have so many unanswered questions that can be answered in another season. The olympics in a season 4 should have been the last season not who was going. Please air another season and more than 8 episodes. I loved this show and have been waiting to hear when it was coming back on, it can not end this way.

kris becker December 28, 2012 at 3:12 am

loved this show!, how can u cancel it without finishing the story…this is a good wholesome family show!

Kim Cronin December 26, 2012 at 8:05 am

What!!!!!!!! Are u freskin kidding me!!!! ABC FAMILY U SUCK I MUST SAY!!!!!!! Whoever is in that seat to get rid of thse shows needs kicked in the shins!!! And that is bein nice!!!!! Stop takin our shows off, I dont care that u dont watch it but we sire did and enjoyed it so why u got to put ur nose where it dont belong!!!!!! Put the show back on!!!!

Anonymous December 20, 2012 at 2:58 am

OMG how can they cancel MIOBI its the best show ever n i hav become sooo atache d to the girls im so sad it will come to an end . Im so disapointed n i definately will not be watchin anything on ABC again!

Christy November 11, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Please put the show back on, at least for another season. I would love to see them go to the Olympics and i MUST know who gets gold. I bet if you air it just for one more season you’ll have many viewers. PLEASSEEEEE this show was amazing. I was devestated to find out that this was the last episode. I almost cried. It left so many unanswered questions like what happens to Laurens heart and who wins gold. ABCfamily should at least air one last episode showing who wins gold and what happens to Emily! People are watching it on Netflix now and are just discovering it, so pleasee you will have many viewers if you just air it again.

bailey AUBREY November 5, 2012 at 8:55 am

I NEED IT IM CRYING MYSELF TO SLEEP EVERY NIGHT SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE MORE EPISODES OR SEASONS WHAT ABOUT OLYMPICS WHAT ABOUT EMILYS BABY WHAT ABOUT LAURENS HEART PLEASE I KNOW YOU WANT IT TOO PLEASE YOU WILL GET MORE VEIWERS AND SASHA NEEDS HES MEDAL BACK LAUREN NEEDS IT AND KAYLIE NEEDS IT FOR AUSTIN PLEASE HOLLY IM BEGING YOU

bailey November 5, 2012 at 8:42 am

i love make it or break it if youn stop the show ever i will hate abcfamily you guys need more seasons get the characters back there fans really do care I PROMISE YOU If YOU MAKE MORE YOU WILL HAVE MORE VIEWERS I WATCH IT ALL THE TIME!!!!!!

I LOVE MAKE IT OR BRAKE IT

Lucia November 3, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Well, this is not just sad, this is TRAGIC! Why end such a wonderful show? At prsent I live in China, and there are millions (literally) of MIOBI fans here! I read that the show was cancelled because the ratings fell due to decrease in the number of viewers, perhaps, if the show was more “open” for vewing in other countries, the ratings would have gone up, not down! Such a shame! I have never seen a show as exciting, intresting and original as Make it or Break it. In addition, the 8th episode of the third season can hardly be called finale, as it created more questions, than answers.The show is clearly unfinished!!! Hope it is going to make a comeback, and it better be as impressive as Payson’s ;)

brittany November 2, 2012 at 8:51 pm

this show should still be aired it teaches life lessons for young veiwers and i love this show pleaseeeeeeeeee pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee start airing it again i love it

Ingrid October 21, 2012 at 3:02 am

I live in Norway and we do not have ABC family here, so I am forced to watch it online. But I know so many people that loves this show in Norway. And I, and many others are so sad to know that it’s cancelled. This show has so many fans. It’s inspiring, brings up important issues and it really has touched my heart. You are not only disappointing fans in the US, but also fans around the world. We all want to know how they will do in the Olympics. Everybody I have got to watch this show, loves it so much. Please, please, air another season.

Anonymous October 8, 2012 at 11:52 pm

This show is too awesome to not bring back. We all want to know: Who wins gold at the Olympics? Does Payson fulfill her dream and give Sasha back his medal?

Despite what the tv ratings may say, this show has a lot more fans than people might think. A lot of people watch it on Netflix… Many people are just now discovering it, and it is enjoyed by older and younger audiences alike.

The fans desperately want it back. Pleeeeaase…