Make It or Break It: Season Three Premieres March 26th

Make It or Break It season threeABC Family has revealed some additional details regarding the third season premiere of Make It or Break It. The show returns to the cable channel on Monday, March 26th — one year after the mid-season debut of season two. The Secret Life of the American Teenager also returns on the same evening.

It’s unclear how many episodes that ABC Family has ordered this time around. Both of the previous two seasons have had 20 installments each.

Here’s the press release from ABC Family:

NOW IS THE TIME TO GO FOR THE GOLD IN THE THIRD SEASON PREMIERE OF “MAKE IT OR BREAK IT,” AIRING MONDAY, MARCH 26TH AT 9:00 PM ET/PT ON ABC FAMILY

Burbank, CA (February 13, 2012) – Eight weeks of competition stand between the Rock girls and their dreams of making the Olympic gymnastics team in “Smells Like Winner,” the return of ABC Family’s original drama series “Make It or Break It,” on Monday, March 26th (9:00 – 10:00 PM ET/PT).

Payson, Kaylie and Lauren are one step closer to making their dream of Olympic Gold a reality, but first they must endure eight weeks at the USA Training Center to make the final cut. With a new coach, new rivals, and new distractions, the girls must really up their game. Payson tries to focus on her training after receiving upsetting news, Kaylie feels torn between her boyfriend and her teammates, and Lauren worries that her new custom-created perfume is giving her dizzy spells.

Meanwhile, an uninvited gymnast, Jordan Randall, is determined to secure a spot at the training center.

“Make It or Break It” is executive produced by Holly Sorensen, Paul Stupin and John Ziffren. The series stars Ayla Kell, Josie Loren and Cassie Scerbo.

Part of the Disney/ABC Television Group, ABC Family is distributed in over 97 million homes. ABC Family features programming reflecting today’s families, entertaining and connecting with adults through relatable programming about today’s relationships – told with a mix of diversity, passion, humor and heart. ABC Family’s programming is a combination of network defining original series and original movies, quality acquired series and blockbuster theatricals. Emmy(R) Award-winning ABCFamily.com provides a variety of interactive entertainment and community features, from rich, fan-centric programming – including blogs, viewing parties, webisodes, full episodes of the network’s hit programming, along with sneak peek exclusive previews and behind-the-scenes clips. ABC Family is also the destination for annual Holiday events with “13 Nights of Halloween” and “25 Days of Christmas.” ABC Family. A New Kind of Family.

What do you think? Will you be tuning in for the return of the ABC Family series?

Shayna Mcgrain July 28, 2012 at 12:26 am

I was extremely upset by ABC’s decision to cancel Make It Or Break It… It was the only show on ABC Family that I could sit down and watch for hours at a time, and I got extremely into the show. By the end of Season 3, Episode 8… I was expecting the season to continue or for there to be a Season 4…. I felt like the series of MIOBI can’t officailly end until after the Olympics. After watching the show since 2009, I have gotten to know the characters very well…. ABC should have at least given the MIOBI viewers the answers we have been waiting for! Which girl wins the gold? Does Lauren finish her routine in the Olympics without spiking? What happens to Wendy? And of course so many more questions run through my brain as well. Since I found out MIOBI was cancelled, I have refused to watch any ABC Family at all. I am very disappointed and I want the show to continue.

Arianna August 22, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Ooo no wonder y i felt the same wayyyy and im still mad it was such a good show

Mackenzie July 26, 2012 at 12:23 am

I am going to miss this show…I watched all three seasons on Netflix in 3 days. I was obsessed!! I wish the show continued so we could’ve followed the girls to the Olympics!

Arianna August 22, 2012 at 2:09 pm

So was i

Carol April 29, 2012 at 6:28 pm

ABC Family is about to lose me as a viewer !!! If they have canceled Make it or Break it I will no longer watch the only other show I watch on their network. They canceled the 9 Lives of Chloe King, but since MIOBI and Secret Life were still on I would still watch. But with no more MIOBI, I will now watch the main network TV shows that I gave up watching for these two on ABC Family. SO LONG !!!

Liz April 24, 2012 at 1:51 pm

I can’t believe they are canceling this show! I love it so much and am totally invested in the characters. We watch this show to see them get to the Olympics and they are going to deprive us of that!? Ridiculous ABC family. Come on.

J April 23, 2012 at 7:38 pm

So I guess it’s true… we have 3 episodes left (as of tonight Apr. 23, 2012) until the actual SERIES finale. I guess the show is canceled. I’ve mixed feelings about this. I do not want the show to end at all but if this had to be the final season, I’d have liked to see a FULL season’s worth of episodes. The other side of me is reminded how terribly disappointed I’ve been by network TV shows suddenly up and pulling shows right in the middle of a season, right when the fans are invested and curious, with no closure even though we’re told they were shot but shelved. Just show them! is what I say in that case.

I think ABCFamily has fallen now in between with this 3rd season of Make It Or Break It. They didn’t leave their fans in the dust with no proper closure because they’re giving it to us right now. But this would have been their BEST season ever if they’d have capitalized MORE on an Olympic year. They’re giving us perhaps a quarter of a season before the “finale” or in this situation, otherwise known as a ‘planned cancellation.’ They are giving we fans a few episodes that make up a (weak, at least in amount of eps) Season 3 but giving us a few episodes to sew it up.

They could have pulled off an entire season’s worth and bring us well into the summer and finale at the real Olympics. That the show ends in 3 or 4 more episodes from tonight, doesn’t sit well with me. I’m sad to see this series come to an end. If it had to, fine, do it this year but at least give it a full season. But the other hand will at least thank the network for giving us these all too few episodes that make up this Season 3, as an attempt at some kind of formal and proper closure. *mixed sighs and emotions*

Alexandra Wales April 23, 2012 at 7:07 pm

The actress that plays Emily got pregnant for real life. So she decided to leave the show so she could be with her family. She isn’t coming back. Either way the show is ending in a few weeks.

Shae White March 4, 2012 at 12:44 pm

What happened to Emily??

Bethany February 14, 2012 at 3:58 am

I have enjoyed this show for years now. However, it looks like the cast changes are perminent, and that doesn’t bode well for the show going forward. The fun of the show was how well everyone worked together, and changing that will probably be showing us the end of the show very soon. I do look forward to watching this season, but if it has gone down hill like so many other shows that can’t seem to keep their eye on the ball, will probably give it up for something else.