Malibu Country: Reba Sitcom Cancelled, No Second Season

malibu country Sorry Reba McEntire fans. ABC has decided to cancel Malibu Country after one season on the air.

Michelle B June 20, 2013 at 10:41 am

ABC doesnt know whats good, Malibu Country just just warming up. Its a great show and an amazing cast. It was put in a hard time slot 830 on Friday but still it had great ratings. They need to put Malibu Country back on the air so they can rub in it ABCs face that they were wrong from thw atart to cancel it.

Amanda June 20, 2013 at 5:40 am

I have always been a huge fan of Reba I have every one of her albums, and the entire season of reba. I loved Malibu Country in my opinion ABC didn’t give the show enough time. I would really like ABC to reconsider and give the show a second chance! Please!

Trey June 11, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Not a family show at all. Too many gays in it. And the story line was awful. Like someone else said, it was just a remake of her last show. A poor remake.

Deb May 27, 2013 at 12:13 pm

I thought that Malibu country was very entertaining. I don’t believe it was even given a
chance. this show was so funny Reba your the best.

Stacy May 14, 2013 at 12:35 pm

I myself am going to miss Malibu Country! I like Reba and thought the show was entertaining. Sad to see it not coming back.

Krista May 14, 2013 at 12:17 pm

Yes, I loved this show. Loved Lily Tomlin and the guy who played her son Cash. I thought it was a funny family show. Please change your minds and renew the show…Give it another chance!

Sally May 13, 2013 at 7:22 pm

I’ve never understood the popularity of this woman. She is cross-eyed and has that horrible corn pone accent. I just can’t stand her……..never could.

Anonymous July 31, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Very hurtful and cold comments, not everyone needs to be blonde haired and blue eyed to sing/act.

Denise Anderson May 13, 2013 at 2:34 pm

It was a great family show. So sorry to see it go.

Craig May 11, 2013 at 4:11 pm

This wasn’t a good family show. This was a really second rate version of her first show. I understand when people argue that good shows are being pulled, but you can’t make that argument for this show. If you thought this show was funny, then you will really laugh when you see the good comedies that are out there.

Billie Wright May 11, 2013 at 2:43 pm

You people (CBS) have lost your minds. I agree with Glenda, you always take off the good shows and leave us in reallity hell. Most people watch tv to escape that very thing.
I don’t know how or who picks your line-up but it is time for a change. Another dissapointed CBS fan.

Tha Critic May 14, 2013 at 12:50 am

It was on ABC, not CBS.

Masters1313 May 11, 2013 at 1:29 pm

Malibu Country really needed a different story line direction but keep the same value. If it was about restarting her singing career working behind the studio scenes with guest stars coming in and out would had been more ongoing of interest. Lily Tomlin was a great addition to this show but the story line was weak and already done well on her previous series of Reba. I do hope of another program with her in the near future.

THeresa May 11, 2013 at 12:53 pm

You know I am not one to leave a comment regarding a tv- since I dont watch all hat much tv but I have to say I thought ABC had a good Friday night thing going- with Tim Allen and then Reba’s show. It was a nice way to bring in the weekend with some relaxing TV and not have to be subjected to some of that “reality ” crap. Life is reality enough for me and I am sure for others too. It wasnt rocket science but she and lily tomlin were great

Glenda May 11, 2013 at 11:23 am

ABC you always take off the good shows and put the stupid ones on…Im so dissapointed that you took Malibu Country off guess I wont be watching to much ABC anymore…Friday nights will not be the same….

Linda May 10, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Awww loved the show. However I do think it was too close to her old show Reba.. so I get why.

Barb Tokarz May 10, 2013 at 10:44 pm