Malibu Country

Network: ABC
Episodes: 18 (half-hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: November 2, 2012 – March 22, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Reba McEntire, Lily Tomlin, Sara Rue, Juliette Angelo, Justin Prentice, Jai Rodriguez, and Hudson Thames.

current TV show

TV show description:
Reba MacKenzie (Reba McEntire) is married to country music star Bobby Gallagher (Jeffrey Nordling) in Nashville. Her life is turned upside down when he’s caught cheating. He arrogantly expects Reba to “stand by her man” at a press conference but instead she announces to the world that he’s a moron and they’re through.

Reba decides to leave her old life behind and moves her family to the beaches of Malibu in sunny California. It turned out that her ex-husband had a secret home there and it’s one of the few things that she got in the divorce.

The family’s California adventure starts with a bang when they meet next door neighbor Kim Sallinger (Sara Rue) — a rich, buxom, blonde and bubbly housewife.

Reba’s daughter June (Juliette Angelo) practices kissing with Kim’s step-son, Sage (Hudson Thames), who claims that he’s gay. Son Cash (Justin Prentice) deals with going from being a prince in Nashville to a pauper in Malibu. Reba’s mother, Lillie Mae (Lily Tomlin) discovers all the adventures she can have in California as a woman freed from expectations.

Years earlier, Reba gave up her own singing career to raise her two kids. Now, she’s bent on starting where she left off — in spite of the stonewalling from her music producer’s assistant, Geoffrey (Jai Rodriguez). He’s been working for Mister Bata for several years, but despite all his hard work, Mister Bata still doesn’t know his name.
space

Series Finale

Episode #18 — All You Single Ladies
Kim, Geoffrey and Lillie Mae are afraid that Reba’s social life is in a rut, so they sign her up for a dating website. He’s older than she expected, and he’s rude to boot. He offends Reba but Lillie Mae likes him and ends up taking him home.

Cash wants to try online dating, but ages up his photo so he can meet college girls. Unfortunately, he ends up connecting with a woman who aged down her photo. They quickly realize what happened, but she makes him stay, and ends up telling him her life story.

Lillie Mae and her new beau tell Reba she’s too uptight. Reba goes to a new trapeze place with them to prove she’s not boring. She bails at the last minute, but she ends up getting a date with the cute guy that works there.
First aired: March 22, 2013.

space

What do you think? Do you like the Malibu Country TV series on ABC? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Pamela April 9, 2014 at 7:57 am

Agree with everyone who says it was a mistake to cancel. We loved watching this show. It was great, high quality. Really funny. Please bring it back.

Richard April 8, 2014 at 1:19 am

ABC your killing me. How could you cancel this show.

Jane January 25, 2014 at 9:55 pm

why is it all the networks will air all the stupid reality show s or shows you can’t let your kids watch but you won’t let a good comedy show stay on the air you cancel every , who is tired of girls walking around drinking tryin to sleep with the same girl her uncle is , I know I am

nancy d January 3, 2014 at 10:33 pm

This was a good show! I’m sick to death of the reality tv… just when we get a good sitcom on tv again, the idiots at ABC pull it? just don”t understand why?

Brooke C January 3, 2014 at 5:38 pm

This was such a good, clean show! I don’t know why it was cancelled… I really hope it comes back! I loved sitting and watching all the characters and what they were up to. It is so disappointing to know ABC would rather have trash on than good shows!

Judy Friend January 1, 2014 at 5:40 pm

I’m so DISAPPOINTED to find out that ABC has canceled Malibu Country! It was one of the best show on television. What a HUGE mistake!!!!!! I can’t believe you would take a good clean show off, when there are so MANY others TRASHY shows that should be taken off! ABC NEEDS TO PUT IT BACK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna Corbitt November 27, 2013 at 9:24 am

Not sure why you cancelled this show. This show was one of the best family show and the funniest that has been aired in a long time. Please put it back on the air.

Lisa November 16, 2013 at 11:24 am

I love this show we watching every Friday night I love anything that Reba play in she a good actress and she funny Bring it back also have a come back The Reba show love to see the old gang back .

Yevonne Baird October 19, 2013 at 8:41 am

Please, please bring back Malibu County!!!!!!!!!!!! This was one of the few I loved to watch!

Cheryl Sevin October 18, 2013 at 4:00 pm

This show was awesome why cancel it you keep stupid shows on put it on a different station
Signed Cheryl

Deborah Torres October 15, 2013 at 6:31 pm

I loved this show and I’m very heartbroken. Everyone was funny and great. I love Reba!! I come home everynight and watch CMT for the Reba show. But I truly loved Mailbu Country they always cancel the great shows.

Chris October 8, 2013 at 10:28 pm

I am so sorry to hear this. I thought maybe it was going to come back mid season. This was one of the few shows on television that we could actually watch with our children.

Sue McCarthy September 27, 2013 at 8:43 pm

We are shocked to hear that Malibu Country is cancelled! It was a great show!! We looked forward to it every friday night. Every character was excellent! I don’t understand why you would cancel a class act show! I look at the stupidity on TV and this show was really awesome. The son, Cash, reminded us of Jethro from the “Beverly Hillbillies” Lilly Tomlin was awesome, always up to something. Reba reinvented herself and I wondered if it could be done after her hit series, “Reba” but she was great!!! Sara Ruhe was her funny self, Jai Rodriguez always made us crack up with his “gay character” he was glamorous!!! Looked better than the women sometimes!! the daughter was perfect, Kims son… Good Lord! Why would you cancel this awesome show?????? Change the night or I hope CMT takes it! Your loss ABC their big win!! I do not understand this!!!

Todd P. Mason September 21, 2013 at 5:16 am

Country in Malibu was an excellent show in comparison to what is being televised today. It had a respectable cast, a good story line for the entire family, and it was well written. ABC had a “HIT” without knowing it. If Nashville knew it was being axed, I am sure it would say something to ABC about the show. One of a handful of shows on television today worth watching today, and ABC had to cancel it. The day could be change to compete with other shows on other networks, but COUNTRYIN MALIBU SHOULD BE KEPT ON AT PRIMETIME by ABC. THEY MADE A DRASTIC MISTAKE CANCELLING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!