Mama’s Boys From the Bronx: TLC Series “Cancelled” Says Star

canceled Mamas Boys From the BronxTLC has yanked Mama’s Boys From the Bronx from their schedule after two weeks on the air. The reality series revolves around a handful of thirty-something Italian-American guys who live at home with their moms in the northernmost boroughs of New York City.

According to TVMediaInsights and Nielsen, week-to-week Mama’s Boys dropped from 808,000 to 610,000 viewers at 10pm, and 817,000 to 563,000 viewers at 10:30pm. The cable channel has replaced Mama’s Boys with installments of Undercover Boss Abroad.

Castmembers have been encouraging fans of the show to petition TLC to bring the show back. One of the stars, Anthony Zoccolillo, wrote on Facebook, “You know whats funny TLC? We filmed all this great stuff about our culture, values, and traditions and you cut it all out and make them add all this nonsense then cancel us cause nobody liked what you told our production team to shoot.. what do you know about our Italian culture… let us be who we really are and then maybe we would have got better ratings.”

TLC commissioned eight episodes and four have yet to air. There’s no word on when or if they ever will.

What do you think? Did you like this reality series? Do you think that TLC should air the rest of the episodes?

Rachel May 30, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Yes I completely loved this show Mama’s Boys. The cultural aspect of it was just addicting!
Please TLC bring it back and pull another of your shows: for example Sister Wives is a complete waste of film.
Mama’s Boys has flavor!
Give it a Go!

cinnamon May 30, 2012 at 7:02 am

Whaaaaat? Are you kidding me? They cancel this show and bring in that other wak show? Sorry but it is….. Its boring and Mamas boys was hilarious. Bring it back Mamas Boys rules undercover boss drools.

bobbie jean escobar May 29, 2012 at 8:06 pm

I really loved Mommas Boys of the bronx, its really sux they cancelled the show. my favorite was frankie! they should really bring this show back! i still want to know waht happens next does paul finally get married??

Eliz May 28, 2012 at 2:24 pm

I absolutely lovedthis show – and hope tht TLC has the good sense to bring it back. I want to find out what happened when Frankie had to figure out how to clean house while his mom as on vacation in Florida!!

Deb May 27, 2012 at 5:00 pm

I loved this show and was looking forward to watching it. Very entertaining and the “boys” are cute. I especially like Giovanni and wish that the show would continue. Hope TLC will at least broadcast those episodes that were not released.

MyBudzz May 25, 2012 at 11:49 pm

I was waiting and waiting for the next episode only to find out it was cancelled. BOOOO!! Bring The SHow BACK!! >: /

Elaine May 25, 2012 at 8:34 am

PLEASE bring back MaMas Boys in the Bronx, shows so many wonderful memories……………

Steve May 23, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Undercover boss is rinse and repeat. Who cares if it has more viewers, the content is much more bland. If you want to tug at my heart strings then send a CEO from AT&T undercover. This was the only show I’ve ever watched with my mom and they cancelled it!? Shame on them.

Kayreon May 22, 2012 at 6:45 pm

BRING THE SHOW BACK!!!!!

lisa May 24, 2012 at 10:31 am

agree!

Stephen Calabrese May 22, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Hi TLC
Very fuunny show!! A little rough as far as the Italian culture, but that’s ok. I feel that the remainder should show for sure. The acting is so funny, and be as it may – I have had friends just like those gentlemen.!!

Rock on Mamas Boys!!!
Stephen Calabrese

Jimmy May 22, 2012 at 4:40 pm

The show was great, it was exactly how I grew up in Pgh. You cancelled a good show!

Seexxyme May 22, 2012 at 2:59 am

I am African American and I loved the Boys from the Bronx. – it was real not like the other reality shows that are on now. It was homely and it was what it was. I found it entertaining and am shocked that you took it off the air. Can you please give it a chance. I went crazy looking for the show then to find out you cancelled it. P L E A S E

robert May 20, 2012 at 8:20 pm

If living with momma, when your over 30 is part Italian manhood and tradition , I think God im form Irish decent.

Stephen Calabrese May 22, 2012 at 4:59 pm

Go ahead – base the entire culture on a funny TV show!! How sad.

John Brown May 20, 2012 at 7:48 pm

This was the stupidest show I ever viewed. Glad it was cancelled.

nick smacchia May 20, 2012 at 6:46 pm

I could not believe these characters existed. I found them totally entertaining and a reFreshing break from the petty arguements in other reality shows. TLC should do a better JOB OF PROMOTION or campaign and analyze it time slots. Ease bring it back don t FORGET ABOUT IT
As the Mamas boys would put it.
Nick