Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD: Season One Ratings

marvels agents of shield ratingsIt’s clear that ABC’s Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD is the most-anticipated show of the season. Will it become a big ratings hit or will it be cancelled due to low ratings? We’ll have to wait to find out.

On Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) and a highly specialized team investigate cases of individuals exhibiting superhuman abilities. The rest of the cast includes Ming-Na Wen, Brett Dalton, Chloe Bennet, Iain De Caestecker, and Elizabeth Henstridge.

5/8 update: Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD has been renewed for a second season by ABC.

Final season averages: 2.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.86 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the SHIELD TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

Robert Price January 10, 2014 at 9:02 am

I enjoy the show, but it simply isn’t dynamic enough, although the potential for that to happen is obvious, especially as the characters are all good and easy to relate.
Perhaps if it focused on the aftermath of battles after super heroes have crushed alien enemies, it might find a niche for itself?

Mark November 26, 2013 at 6:07 am

This show is a huge dissappointment.
Actors lacking charisma in lead roles, stories that lack punch and very stupid plot devices like:-
Why was there no extraction plan for the scientist and the plank of wood from the generic former soviet states secret weapons base? It wasn’t a heavily defended position obviously – they flew in a giant hovering cargo plane 50ft off the ground and nobody shot at it – EVER! But it shows that this tem will do anything to save each other – even disobey an order that wasn’t actually given.
Lastly what is the purpose of this team? SHIELD seem to have put together an inexperienced scientific team with some senior (but damaged) field agents and a security risk to do what exactly? There is no consistancy in the types of operations, is it a rapid response team? Is it a test to see if Coulson’s working OK after death?
It lacks any internal logic for the viewer to hold on to, probably due to the lack of direction being shown by the show runners themselves.
I’ll be surprised if it lasts more than one season – about a 50% drop off from its premier seems to have bottomed out at ep.8 but the pressure on the network to not let a Marvel(ish) property fail my make a fool out of me yet.

coulson February 11, 2014 at 9:16 pm

look mark how many episode’s did you watch and it’s a great show do you have all of the marvel movies and comics did you see the avengers.

Mark April 8, 2014 at 11:42 pm

I think I watched about 10 before giving up completely.
“Great Show”? By what definition of great?
Yes I’ve seen most of the recent Avengers Trailers and of course the main feature, but I don’t see the relevance. Some were good (Iron Man), some OK (Thor) and some were god awful dross (Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3). NONE of which relates to this TV show, yes it’s set in the same iteration of the Marvel Universe, but what difference does that make?
Bad acting, storylines and dialogue are the reasons I quit this show and I’d be happy to see this waste of time get canned.

Frank C. November 20, 2013 at 7:29 pm

I like the show…its a little comic book but overall I give it a 9

Tracy November 18, 2013 at 11:25 am

I was looking forward to this show. I am really disappointed, it gets more stupid every week. Can it…Just sayin.

Why Watch October 16, 2013 at 1:17 pm

This show will follow the Revolution track. Enough to get by for a renewal and then fall apart in season two waiting for cancellation.

Bmrn October 14, 2013 at 12:13 am

I truly like the show. I hope that it does well.

Nope October 10, 2013 at 10:45 am

Joss Whedon’s heard is not in this series at all. It won’t last. It continues to lose viewership every week. They tried to milk the movie franchise and it’s coming back to bite them in the backside. I fully expect the show to be canceled either this season or next season. It won’t go past 2 seasons. The Marvel world is oversaturated right now. Just stick to what’s working – the movies.

Anonymous October 10, 2013 at 3:36 pm

I agree! It’s not that great of a show.

Theo October 9, 2013 at 3:03 pm

I say renew it. I seem to be in the minority on this one but I liked the pilot better than episode 2 (ep1 felt more Marvel than ep2). However I think episode 3 was the best so far. I like how it fits within the Marvel movie canon, uses relatively unknown actors, and relies on individuals without superpowers to solve its dilemmas, even when faced with superpower or superpower-like problems. I hope the ratings pick up because I really want to see this show succeed.

Matt October 9, 2013 at 12:02 pm

Renew this show or give us a full season already

Zabber October 2, 2013 at 6:27 pm

Epi 2 was better than the Pilot.

Rik Deskin October 2, 2013 at 4:48 pm

I love this show! And all of the references to the movies! Keep up the good work ABC and don’t let a drop in the audience deter you. Remember DVR and Streaming!

Scott October 2, 2013 at 12:59 pm

A bit too campy. The kid scientists are just annoying. Pilot story seemed like a rehashed storyline from X-files or Fringe. Episode two a bit better but I really thought this would be more about superheroes with powers rather than a team of kids joking around.

Why Watch October 2, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Dropping like a lead weight on Jupiter. It likely won’t be around season 2.

Zabber September 26, 2013 at 5:15 pm

Wasn’t bad but the “exploding head” thing is a bad sign of things to come

Mathew Tatro September 25, 2013 at 11:03 pm

CANCEL MARVEL’S AGENTS OF SHIELD MOVING THIS TO YOUR SATURDAY MORNING PROGRAMMING BLOCK WOULD BOOST RATINGS PLEASE BRING CARTOONS BACK TO SATURDAY MORNING KEEPING DRAMAS AWAY FROM FANS IS OKAY YOU KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH SAYING SOMETHING LIKE THIS

Sadra October 4, 2013 at 2:30 am

when you use BOLD for your post,its difficult to read it

Anonymous October 9, 2013 at 5:16 pm

Not only all caps, but the entire comment makes no sense. It’s all one sentence – not a single period or break. The guy’s opinion and writing style are the same thing – all wrong.