Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD: Season Two Renewal for ABC Series

Marvels Agents of SHIELD season twoMost agree that Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD started out slowly but ABC is giving it time to grow. The network has renewed the action show for a second season.

On Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) and a highly specialized team investigate cases of individuals exhibiting superhuman abilities. The rest of the cast includes Ming-Na Wen, Brett Dalton, Chloe Bennet, Iain De Caestecker, and Elizabeth Henstridge.

Though the show’s ratings have surely not met ABC’s expectations, Agents of SHIELD is still the network’s fifth-highest rated scripted series and one of only two new ABC dramas to have any kind of success. It currently averages a 2.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.92 million total viewers.

What do you think? Are you glad that this show is returning for a second season or would you have cancelled it instead? Would you make any changes for year two?

Lexi Brunner November 29, 2014 at 9:41 pm

THIS SHOW IS AMAZING!!! PLEASE KEEP FILMING-CANT WAIT FOR THE SECOND SEASON!!!

Anonymous November 29, 2014 at 1:24 pm

I Love This Series!!!

Anonymous August 12, 2014 at 10:24 pm

LOVE THE SHOW ONLY SHOW THAT I LIKE TO WATCH OTHER THAN CSI AND RERUNS

ImJustSaying August 5, 2014 at 8:10 pm

I LOVE THIS SHOW. I pray they don’t cancel and allow the characters to grow and sync with the marvel movies. My friends and family love this show. Much better than most of what is on tv.

GREGORY BUDZENSKI August 4, 2014 at 11:01 pm

If the idiots running the network would STOP moving the day sand time slot around…
and pre-empting the show at the drop of a hat…the show would take off and fly.

This will succeed like Buffy…IF they give a new show every week at the same time and day every week for at least 10 weeks…WITHOUT FAIL…the audience would double in 5 weeks, triple in 7 weeks. Writing is great, smart, and fun…although the directing and editing got me confused in one episode. But I’m an old guy. Kids would have known what was going on.

Jayeno July 13, 2014 at 9:11 pm

One of the best written and adventurist shows on television. Interaction between the characters is dynamic.

ABC please renew the show!!!

Humberto July 10, 2014 at 11:27 pm

YESS i love the show. Season 2 yess i hope they even make it to a season 9. Like most awesome shows. And when they do ill be there still watching

Roxy Parry June 28, 2014 at 5:10 pm

I LOVED season 1 and I can’t wait to see what happens about Skye, and Ward too. I hope there still a chance of Ward becoming good and non-HYDRA. But I can’t wait to see what twists there will be in season 2. Let’s just hope Phil stops being wacko like his drawings in the last ep!!!! :D

kirk June 23, 2014 at 5:09 pm

am glad the plots were interesting and I liked it. I would give it a 7.9 out of 10

Samuel June 12, 2014 at 12:11 pm

This show is very well done, granted it was the first season and because Phil Coulson is not from the original Marvel Comics, people have become skeptical. The fact he came back to life was also considered to much movie magic even when it was explained. Since shield no longer exists it my best in the shows interest to have someone from the comics take them in like Tony Stark, or continue the series with the foundation of hammer and have them investigate whether or not they are not hydra run either. Or, do something unexpected like create a technopath who starts off as one of the villains but by the end of the season is able become a close ally. They need to create a unique villain for the show that people learn to like despite the fact that he is the villain. And when they do get a new actor someone not well known but talented.

Diane December 16, 2014 at 4:12 am

Love the series, and your idea of creating a complex villain.

Larry June 11, 2014 at 8:43 pm

I love this show did not miss an episode and I just cannot wait for season 2 to start. I am so curious to find out about all the new fun stuff that Marvel has in store for season 2. Hopefully they don’t take so long to develop the story this year, and bring in more guest spots like the Avengers, or other Marvel creations.