Masters of Sex: Renewed for Season Two on Showtime

Masters of Sex season twoAfter just four weeks on the air, Masters of Sex has been renewed for a second season by Showtime. The drama will return for 12 new episodes some time next year.

Starring Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan, Masters of Sex has been averaging about a million viewers a week for initial airings.

What do you think? Have you been watching Masters of Sex on Showtime? Are you glad to hear that it’s coming back for another season?

15 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Van says

Can’t get enough of this wonderful series! Wish it was on every night. Everything about it is great! The Acting is fantastic . I get quite lost in it…..

2. Holly says

My husband went away last weekend and I binge watched the first 12 episodes while he was gone. Talk about Guilty Pleasures, Loved this show, loved how they absolutely show the 1950s in design and music also. So glad to hear they are coming back and hope it catches on with more viewers as Masters and Johnson had a history that lived into the new Mellenium.

3. Anonymous says

Love the show. I find it pretty funny even with all the seriousness.
    Love Beau Bridges. Like to see more of him and his wife.

4. Anonymous says

Well, I watched all 12 episodes of Season One and in my opinion the acting and screenplay were superb. The music also was extremely well done. I found each episode to be riveting and quite emotional, not simply from a sexual standpoint (although I found those scenes quite revealing); Libby Caplan was outstanding, perfect for the part …. her facial grimacing was right on and sometimes funny. Mr. Sheen couldn’t have been more straight-laced and Libby was the perfect choice to warm him up….. looking forward to next season with relish!

5. Anonymous says

I love the show, I’m not much of a T V fan but it keep me looking forward to the next week. Glad to know there is a second season.

6. Jennifer bailey says

Really good series – except I didn’t find out how Libby engineered second pregnancy. Will definitely watch next series.

7. catherine cohen says

I have found this series very funny. Hard to remember just how paranoid the USA was at the period. The attitude to women and sex was hilarious The single beds. The patronising comments. Was it really true that homosexuals received a death sentence?
    Masters and Johnson did , of course render a considerable service to science. The acting, especially Libby Caplan, Michael Sheen and Beau Bridges was outstanding and I look forward to the new series. One problem was that none of my friends admitted to watching it!!

8. mary says

This is one of the best shows on t.v. and it has taught me a lot and made me think about things. I will watch the second without a doubt. The star’s are fantastic!

9. Grandizer says

I have been watching it…
    But this brings up a question???
    What were the plans in the beginning with this show? How many seasons are they going to go through while the “book” is written? Are they going to add a lot of fluff to pad the series to a second season now?
    I don’t like to watch fluff.