Masters of Sex: Renewed for Season Two on Showtime

Masters of Sex season twoAfter just four weeks on the air, Masters of Sex has been renewed for a second season by Showtime. The drama will return for 12 new episodes some time next year.

Starring Michael Sheen and Lizzy Caplan, Masters of Sex has been averaging about a million viewers a week for initial airings.

What do you think? Have you been watching Masters of Sex on Showtime? Are you glad to hear that it’s coming back for another season?

Holly July 15, 2014 at 12:02 am

My husband went away last weekend and I binge watched the first 12 episodes while he was gone. Talk about Guilty Pleasures, Loved this show, loved how they absolutely show the 1950s in design and music also. So glad to hear they are coming back and hope it catches on with more viewers as Masters and Johnson had a history that lived into the new Mellenium.

Sandy March 25, 2014 at 8:52 pm

One of the best! So happy it will be back & can’t wait!

Anonymous February 5, 2014 at 2:41 pm

Love the show. I find it pretty funny even with all the seriousness.
Love Beau Bridges. Like to see more of him and his wife.

Anonymous January 21, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Well, I watched all 12 episodes of Season One and in my opinion the acting and screenplay were superb. The music also was extremely well done. I found each episode to be riveting and quite emotional, not simply from a sexual standpoint (although I found those scenes quite revealing); Libby Caplan was outstanding, perfect for the part …. her facial grimacing was right on and sometimes funny. Mr. Sheen couldn’t have been more straight-laced and Libby was the perfect choice to warm him up….. looking forward to next season with relish!

Anonymous January 2, 2014 at 11:06 pm

Love the show. I very happy they are continuing a second season

Anonymous December 29, 2013 at 11:28 pm

I love the show, I’m not much of a T V fan but it keep me looking forward to the next week. Glad to know there is a second season.

Anonymous December 29, 2013 at 9:39 am

loved the show ,does the show follow personal lives on & on?

Jennifer bailey December 19, 2013 at 11:21 am

Really good series – except I didn’t find out how Libby engineered second pregnancy. Will definitely watch next series.

catherine cohen December 18, 2013 at 5:01 am

I have found this series very funny. Hard to remember just how paranoid the USA was at the period. The attitude to women and sex was hilarious The single beds. The patronising comments. Was it really true that homosexuals received a death sentence?
Masters and Johnson did , of course render a considerable service to science. The acting, especially Libby Caplan, Michael Sheen and Beau Bridges was outstanding and I look forward to the new series. One problem was that none of my friends admitted to watching it!!

mary December 16, 2013 at 10:13 pm

This is one of the best shows on t.v. and it has taught me a lot and made me think about things. I will watch the second without a doubt. The star’s are fantastic!

Anonymous December 15, 2013 at 11:27 pm

I agree the show is addictive. I am soo happy there will be a second season. Love Lizzy Caplan!

LoveThis Show December 2, 2013 at 6:53 am

This show is ADDICTIVE! I am SO GLAD there will be another season so I don’t have to go through withdrawal. OUTSTANDING CAST!

Grandizer October 23, 2013 at 8:21 am

I have been watching it…
But this brings up a question???
What were the plans in the beginning with this show? How many seasons are they going to go through while the “book” is written? Are they going to add a lot of fluff to pad the series to a second season now?
I don’t like to watch fluff.