Masters of Sex: Season Three Renewal from Showtime

Masters of Sex TV show on Showtime: season 3Showtime has renewed their Masters of Sex TV show for a third season. There will be another dozen episodes and production will begin early next year.

Masters of Sex follows the unusual lives of William Masters (Michael Sheen) and Virginia Johnson (Lizzy Caplan), researchers whose work touched off the sexual revolution. Others in the cast include Caitlin FitzGerald, Teddy Sears, Annaleigh Ashford, Beau Bridges, Allison Janney, and Julianne Nicholson.

Airing on Sunday nights, initial viewings of season two episodes have been averaging 810,000 viewers each week. That’s down by 24% when compared to last year’s airings. The 12 episodes of season two are expected to finish running on September 28th.

What do you think? Are you still watching Masters of Sex? Are you glad that it’s been renewed for a third season, or should it have been cancelled to make way for something else?

Canceled and renewed TV show

10 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Mary black says

Love this soooooo much!!!!!!please start season three soon!Love all the Charactors…especially Lizzy and Master ‘s wife and him!

2. Lisette Botha says

Showtime wins again, this is a superb series and the writing and direction is excellent. Showtime has the best show today, remember Dexter. Carry on Showtime showing us intelligent and masterful programmes to watch. The cast is excellent and the relationship between Bill and Virginia are captured with skill. THank you again Showtime

3. M & M says

My wife and I have followed this from the very first episode. It is absorbing, funny, dramatic educational, entertaining and very sexy. Please do not consider anything but more seasons!! The cast is simply perfect with the characters growing season by season and becoming truly credible.

Well done to all involved! More please!

4. Lori Thomas says

I absolutely LOVE Masters of Sex! I hope it will continue for many seasons! I have been reading a biography about their lives and there is still a lot of area to cover!!

5. Kenice Cozens says

I agree with EVERYTHING positive that EVERYONE has posted about Masters of Sex. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show!!! I hope it keeps going for a looooong time. The writing & acting is SOOO much better than the usual pap that’s spoon fed to the public….and….the fact that it’s based on the lives of 2 REAL people makes it even MORE interesting. Please keep these kinds of great shows coming on Showtime. Thank you.

6. Rusty Nail says

Fantastic! Need at least 2 more seasons. The storyline, characters and era are captivating. My wife thoroughly enjoy the series.

7. Ray hallquist says

I definitely am looking forward to season three of masters of sex. There is so much more of the life’s of Master and Johnson to build on. I can’t wait for season four or five. The writing of the show is captivating and the characters are intriguing. I really hope Showtime keeps Maters of sex airing for a along time. There is so much more to the true story of Bill Masters and Virginia Johnson yet to tell.

8. Bill St germain says

I’m more than gratified that Masters of Sex is returning for a third season. I truly believe that once people view some of the most compelling episodes such as “the Fight, Giants, Blackbird and Asterion”, they will want to go back to view the earlier missed episodes and thus get hooked for the season. I believe Sheen’s, Bill Masters, performance is incredibly intriguing and outstanding and Caplan’s work as Virginia Johnson is the best. She is irreplaceable for this show. And more importantly, her face just radiates across the screen with a glow of beauty and smarts. I hope we have fourth and more seasons to come.