Medium: Patricia Arquette Says TV Show’s Cancelled

MediumThough CBS hasn’t admitted it, it’s being assumed that Medium has indeed been cancelled. The venerable drama has been down in the ratings this season (though it often ranks first in the 18-49 demographic for the timeslot) and CBS cut the season order from 22 to just 13 installments. That’s never a good sign. Just ask the folks from Numb3rs when a similar thing happened to them last year.

Over the weekend, Medium star Patricia Arquette was at an event and told EW that the show was indeed cancelled.

The cast has two more episodes to shoot before they wrap and Arquette said, “I was trying to get information from the writers about the last episode… I don’t know what it’s going to be, but they’re really excited about it. They’re like, ‘we’re just going to burn the whole thing down!’ I’m really excited.”

The actress isn’t looking forward to the show ending but said, “It’s been a great time. I love that time in my life.”

What do you think? Is Arquette correct or will Medium beat cancellation once again and return for season eight?

Gail January 21, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Either I have very poor taste in shows as all the GOOD ones are cancelled or the powers at the head of making these decisions need some help from the viewers.

TeeBee January 20, 2011 at 10:04 pm

I am really saddened and disappointed to hear that “Medium” has been cancelled. Jut another hour I will designate to OWN for some quality shows.

Jennifer B January 19, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Medium is one of my favorite shows. Because of the Friday night time slot, I always recorded it and watched it when I could cuddle up on the couch and enjoy it. The actors, story lines, and music are top notch. I will miss the Dubois family, the DA’s office, and the sexy, quiet, haunted cop.

Diane Frampton January 17, 2011 at 8:58 am

Please reconsider cancelling “Medium”, the only reason to watch CBS on Fridays. It is such a good, family show, thought provoking and hope inspiring. It goes, we go also.

Diane Walsh January 16, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Best show on TV! I can not believe CBS would get the show and give it the worst time slot. There are so many places the writers could go with the show and they have the most talented actors to work with. I hope CBS will take pride in the show and let the writers and actors carry on. CBS would also be wise to give it a time slot like their other great show The Good Wife.

smartalec44 January 15, 2011 at 2:05 pm

I liked the show but I believe the writers were burned out and were not as creative as the earlier episodes. It was nice seeing the girls grow up before our eyes.I wish Patricia would of kept her weight down like her sister Rosanna.How can CBS put a fine show like this in a Friday night slot and expect it to survive.

Lynne January 5, 2011 at 1:25 am

This is HANDS DOWN, one of the WORST DECISIONS yet by CBS. I am DEVASTATED!! Like many many others, this was one of the best shows on TV. Thanks CBS for screwing up one of the rare times my 15 yr old son & I would litteraly actually schedule our life around to watch this together. I got him interested in Medium, & it quickly became the ONLY SHOW we made plans for. It is just me & him & he will be driving soon, doing his own thing, & I treasured this mom & son time sooooo much. But, I know, u guys could care less. There is nothing but junk on TV these days.

I would have loved to see Allison as a lawyer with her gift & I would have loved to see Aerials part grow, actually, all the parts grow.

This show was intriguing in the fact, it was one of the few, that in the end, its totally not who I suspected. Most shows r a dead giveaway from the first 10 minutes. This show has so many cool directions it could go!!! FOR ONCE, WHY WON’T YOU LISTEN TO US, the folks who so begrudingly line your purses and wallets?

CBS…U R making a HUGE MISTAKE CANCELLING THIS SHOW….HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joanne Sgrignoli Boyd December 23, 2010 at 2:33 pm

A truly great show and cast. I am very sorry to see it go. And I hate that the writers are going to “burn it down.” Let the DuBois family remain intact. I just love them and they are an intricate part of the show. Better yet… keep the show on and move it to a better time slot!

mary January 20, 2011 at 7:00 pm

I have watched this show since day one and love it, tonight is the first time i have heard it was being cancelled. it seems all of the good shows are getting cancelled. why can’t they put something good on fridays or saturday nights. they moved blue bloods so now that this show is cancelled there isn’t a show on friday on any of the networks i like. give me something please

jstjude December 18, 2010 at 11:12 pm

I loved this show!!! Maybe if CBS didn’t put it on at 8pm when kids are still awake and I can’t get to the TV that early, it would have done better. I hope a cable network picks it up. But it sounds like the cast wants to move on and if that is what they want… well then what ever is best. I will enjoy the reruns. Loved it loved it! Sad to see you all go. Thank you for all your wonderful hard work and wonderful shows. Best of luck.

Sarah December 18, 2010 at 1:00 am

I am sorry to see this show go. I loved this show, my name is earl, mercy,24 and they all are cancelled. I wish they would change their mind. Now, all I have is house to look forward to.

Karen Marie December 17, 2010 at 3:14 am

I never watched this show, but having watched Real Housewives of Beverly Hills tonight it explains why Allison Dubois was not afraid to act like a psycho rather than a psychic! I wondered how CBS could be affiliated with and represent such a total train wreck of a person and this answers my question……they’re not.

patricia December 16, 2010 at 9:20 pm

How sad for such a great show to end. If anyone is wataching Housewives of Beverly Hills, you will know why the show has been cancelled. The real Allison Dubois was a total ( ) on that show. She is the reason, the way she was on that show was very embarrassing. And to have her associated with the show is a road to danger………What a great show, sorry to see it end.

Sue December 16, 2010 at 12:17 pm

I am SO disappointed! I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this show. The family, the dynamics, the twists and turns, the intrigue, the questions. I will miss this show. LOVED all the actors.

Ally December 14, 2010 at 3:12 pm

Way to go CBS! Keep on cancelling the good shows that have potential! You saved in from NBC and now have given up on it???

Lisa Greene December 12, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Medium on of the best programs on CBS . The Dubois are the typical American family, people can identify with their struggles, feel their pain , celebrate their achievements. The underlying theme of hope comes through in every episode, Don’t take the hope away CBS, don’t take the hope away.

Karen Marie December 17, 2010 at 3:21 am

Lisa: If you didn’t, try to catch Dec. 16th episode of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. You can see what the real Allison Dubois is all about. In pain, yes. Typical, no. She not only needs ‘hope’ she needs help. I think fame has not done her proud and maybe cancelling the show will make her “see” that.