Medium: TV Show Cancelled; No Season Eight

MediumCBS hasn’t announced that Medium has been cancelled but, while attending an event last weekend, Patricia Arquette said that the show will indeed be ending this season.

Like her character, series star Arquette can indeed see the future. Now, Medium creator Glenn Gordon Caron has confirmed that the drama is finished. Of the last episode, Caron wrote, “Allison Dubois will dream her last dream on Medium Friday, January 21st. In what we believe will be a series defining episode, Allison and her family will stare destiny in the eye. And destiny will not blink.”

The ratings for Medium have taken a real hit this season. Despite frequently winning its timeslot, the drama has averaged a 1.3 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 6.41 million viewers. CBS reduced the number of episodes to just 13 as a result.

What do you think? How would you like to see Medium end? Should some of the characters die or should Allison lose her abilities? How about Joe and Allison finally getting a good night’s sleep?

Ashley October 6, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Yes i want it back also!!! There are soo many more shows that need the ax !!! I feel like my Bet friend had died

AMBER WYLLIE September 16, 2011 at 3:15 pm

ive just found out by watching the last episode this evening! on sky living. Im from Scotland. And I am totally gutted this show is no more. I didnt see or hear that coming! Please bring back the show. i love Allison and joe!

Eugene September 16, 2011 at 4:49 am

My wife and I really miss this show. It was the best show on TV for many years. The stories warmed our hearts every time we watched it. Please bring it back!

Ike September 12, 2011 at 7:03 pm

It was great show can’t believe CBS just took it off like that, channel rather play the reality shows than shows like that. (It’s all about money).

dickie September 1, 2011 at 7:50 pm

It surely is sad that they never check with the average to see what we watch.
I miss Medium.

jessica July 26, 2011 at 12:43 am

I think this show could continue less the last episode on dvd only I don’t even buy cable. Such a shame how they determine these things. Ppl have lives + can’t watch stuff on cable

Beate July 15, 2011 at 1:50 pm

I was just taken on the bed by this. I had no idea that Medium was not going to run anymore. I saw the last episode, me and my family thought it was a joke and thought like “what happend”.
Sad,really sad. It was a great show, it`s so meny other shows that should have been canselled or taken out before this one. Buuuuh.

Karen July 6, 2011 at 8:45 pm

When I saw that the final show finale was coming, I was so upset. We’ve been watching this show since it began watching the family grow. They were such a down to earth couple despite her gift. I looked forward to seeing this show and it truly was a very sad day in our household when it ended. I did not like the ending by the way; it was way too sad for me. It sure would be nice if it came back and it all was really a bad dream. We must have hundreds of shows on cable and none compare. Why do you have to take the good ones off?

Ike September 12, 2011 at 7:06 pm

I agree, they rather play shows like SURVIVOR or Amazing Survivor.

Bev June 27, 2011 at 8:40 am

There may have been more than 3 shows to come on before it was cancelled, but that’s all I saw and believe me, I searched for it a lot on the night it was supposed to come on. Now I feel shorted. I really liked that show.

Tammsys June 4, 2011 at 1:37 am

I was so annoyed when I heard Medium got canceled, I started watching it after I finished watching Ghost Whisperer because THAT got canceled. It is MUCH better than Ghost Whisperer, it is so unpredictable and keeps you on the edge of your seats. Can anybody tell me any shows like Medium, although I doubt there will be anything as good as Medium. What happened to all the viewers, whoever stopped watching Medium, I blame you. And who wouldn’t watch it, it is AMAZING! Miss you DuBois family ;(

Jonathon June 3, 2011 at 3:23 am

Please bring back Medium!

The whole family misses it.
Why do they have to get rid of all the good shows!
There is nothing but rubbish on TV now.

We miss you Medium!
: (

Marcy Rose May 28, 2011 at 11:01 am

5 months later…. TV still sucks without this show…………..

Kay Gutierrez May 6, 2011 at 8:43 am

I have not commented on the cancelation previously but I have to say something now. I really looked forward to seeing Medium on Friday nights or Sunday nights but now its gone and there is nothing to watch. It could be in the 7:00 p.m. AZ time slot for Wednesday through Sunday because there is nothing worth watching on those nights. We have “Crap” on. It was a sad day when you dropped this show.

Gwen April 19, 2011 at 8:16 pm

This was one of the best shows ever. I never missed an episode while it was on NBC, and then onto CBS. I know shows don’t last forever, but I will miss the Dubois family. It was always interesting, and the endings were not predictable, keeping me in my seat until the end.

Paulie April 1, 2011 at 8:32 am

I truly LOVED the show!!! I have to agree with other comments regarding Law & Order…….
Way too many!!! Medium was a GREAT show!!!!!! No need to have Joe die!!! I had NO idea it was going to be cancelled, and then when I watched the final episode I was in shock!!
Too bad……a lot could be done with the daughters!!!! All the actors/actress were GREAT!!!!!!! A show that will be TRULY missed!!