Medium: CBS Teases the Cancelled TV Show’s Final Episode

MediumWe already know that the last episode of CBS’ cancelled Medium series will take place in the present, seven years into the future and then 40 years after that. The network has now issued a press release that gives us a few more clues about the TV show’s conclusion. Note that Sasha Pieterse is credited with playing a 14-year-old version of youngest daughter Marie (Madison Carabello).

It’s also worth noting that this is the first time that the network has officially confirmed that the series is ending. Up until now, we’ve only heard the cancellation news from star Patricia Arquette and executive producer Glenn Gordon Caron.

Here’s the press release…

ALLISON AND JOE BEGIN NEW CAREERS THAT TAKE THEM IN DIFFERENT DIRECTONS, ON THE SERIES FINALE OF “MEDIUM,” FRIDAY, JAN. 21

“Me Without You” – When Allison becomes a lawyer and Joe starts a new job, the Dubois family is forever changed, on the series finale of MEDIUM, Friday, Jan. 21 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:

David: Charlie Koznick
Attorney #1: J. Paul Boehmer
Bailiff: Geno Monteiro
Reporter #1: Gina St. John
Rest Home Worker: Arianna Ortiz
Reporter #2: Kaiyana Rain

WRITTEN BY: Executive Producers: Craig Sweeny, Robert Doherty & Glenn Gordon Caron

DIRECTED BY: Peter Werner

RATING: To Be Announced

Canceled and renewed TV show

81 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Peter says

This is just so odd. Did everyone know that this was the final season. I watch way to much television like talk shows and the like. But i never knew this was their last season. We have been jipped! I feel like the whole world took crack while I stepped out of the room! We are so disgusted.

2. says

I was very upset that they cancelled, I really din’t like the ending so much it would have been nice to see all end happy, so I agree that reality tv is taking over; the most stupid things are on tv who cares about Jersey Shore it is the most dummest thing on tv..

3. Star says

I am so sad that this show was canceled:( … I just found out tonight during the last show that it was the last. I instantly started crying! I never looked at the previews for the next weeks show because I knew I would watch no matter what. This is one of the only shows that I watch on tv. I even tape the older shows that come on a different channel. I looked forward to fridays now because of it. I loved that they actually had a happy married couple with children that had real problems and got through them along with the good plots, writing, make up artist etc…….. I will miss the show. I hate all the stupid reality shows making millionar’s out of people embarrassing themselves and have no respect for themselves. I hope the best for all the cast and everyone that worked on this show. :(

4. Susan in Austin says

It was, wish it was is. Great show with depth, great acting, warm, loving characters. I wish them all the best, hey, maybe they could put together their own show on cable?

5. Stacey says

I thought this was a terrible ending to a show I’ve watched all 7 years. I can’t believe they would take this off the air and leave some of the other junk on. Pretty soon there will nothing good to watch anymore. Maybe if they didn’t show it on a Friday night, their ratings would have been better. What a terrible decision.

6. Manuel Garcia says

I absolutely loved this show! A show where husband and wife actually loved each other and their children. I’m going to miss poor Joe and all his sleepless nights, going to miss the kids fighting with each other, but most of all I think I’ll miss all the surprising twist and turns Allison put me through! So sad :,(

7. Summer says

Why is it that the best shows always get cancelled. This show was so good to watch. I am going to miss it. I have watched from the beginning. I agree with the “dumbing down of television.” Or maybe it’s the majority of viewers who are dumbing down and don’t realize good television anymore. It’s so sad.

8. Al says

What a shame that this show is cancelled and reality shows continue to grow.
    I am concerned for the judgement of US viewers and our countries future.

9. DD says

Medium was one of the best shows ever to portray true love between husband,wife and children and true family values.
    My husband and I will miss it very much.

10. Sharon Taylor says

I will miss watching “medium”. I love Patricia Arquetes character and also Joe. I knew something was up when it stop airing on Friday nights. I can truly say I love that show. Are the networks crazy this is the best show on tv. They can at least show the reruns on another network such as life channels or OWN. That couple truly loved one another no matter what happend and I do not believe they were running out of material those were excellent writers and actress especially those girls, I will miss you Patricia and Joe hope to see you soon together.You two are the best. Crying now it is not stupid. I will not say goodbye just till I see you both soon.

11. Tonga says

I just finished watching the series finale which I originally thought was the season finale. I was so shocked with the ending and walked away with an eye full of tears. Medium was my Friday night fix and I don’t even know how to begin to start a new ritual. Thanks for the years of great acting and story lines.

Much Love,
    Tonga

12. Rhonda says

This is truly a loss, I have no word. I guess Friday night tv will go the way NBC Thursday night tv went, in the toilet.

13. Trudy says

Shame on you writers for ending Medium on a bad note. One of the few shows with a health realistic marriage (in spite of the zany plots) and you kill it in the last episode. Booooooooooo

14. Kathy says

ughhhh I just watched last fridays episode, and found out in a few hours its over for good, I know they were running out of stories and it was getting a bit old, But I still had to watch it every week. What stupid reality show are they going to bring out now, I hate those shows, Remember “will someone let me out of here” or whatever it was called.

15. Carol says

This was one of the best shows on tv. Well written and acted. I will so miss it. Thought we’d have at least another few years to enjoy it. I kept following this show through it’s move to a different day and network. There is something wrong when we lose a show like this but still have “Jersey Shore”. True dumbing down of television. Before you know it there will be nothing decent to watch.