Medium: Chances Improve for Season Four

Patricia Arquette of NBC's MediumI’m not psychic but I believe there’s good news ahead for fans of the Patricia Arquette series, Medium. The series’ chances for a fourth season just got better.

Medium tells the story of Allison DuBois (Arquette) as she juggles her duties as a wife and mother while helping police solve crimes with her psychic abilities. The drama also features Miguel Sandoval, Sofia Vassilieva, Maria Lark, David Cubitt, Madison & Miranda Carabello, and Jake Weber. The NBC series debuted on January 3, 2005 and returned for its current (third) season on November 15, 2006.

Medium currently airs on Wednesday nights at 10pm. And though it frequently comes in third in the ratings, behind Lost and CSI: NY, the drama usually builds on its Crossing Jordan lead-in (a series whose future looks quite shaky).

NBC has now ordered six additional scripts for the psychic drama. A script order is typically a strong indication that a network intends to purchase additional episodes.

NBC recently gave Las Vegas an early renewal notice to keep it in production. Vegas had an early season four wrap-date and the network likely wants to stockpile episodes in case there’s a writer’s strike in the Fall. It looks like the peacock network may have similar plans for Medium. Stay tuned! TV Series Finale home page

Canceled and renewed TV show

11 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. rebecca flippo says

medium is one of the greats, how could you cancel it? bad! bad! bad! bad! bad! mistake. first time it was on tell the last it was awsom! the garbage that you leave on the air, and take off the best, is mind boggling! i will never understand you people, and your decisions. YOU JUST KEEP TAKING THE GOOD ONES AWAY

2. diane stephens says

please do not cancel medium im 63 years old and my husband love to watch it we look forward to it each week. this show keeps you on your toes. theirs is not alot of good programs out there. this beats them alllllllll. thank you… diane stephens salinas ca.

3. B. HOLLANDER says

PLEASE PLEASE DON’T TAKE MEDIUM OFF THE AIR. THIS PROGRAM MAKES MY BLOOD PRESSURE RISE, MY BRAIN THINK AND KEEPS MY ATTENTION SPAN AT ITS HIGHEST. ONE OF, IF NOT THE BEST TV SERIES ON TV….

4. Wendy Pelaez says

Are all the writers gay now? Every time I see a program now they have two men in each others faces and they acturally think it’s funny and or cute. Please hire some real men writers all this giggle and gay programs servive but good programs, like Medium and Las Vegas might be cancelled. I really don’t understand what’s going on in this world.

5. Anonymous says

What a great show with some awesome story lines! I’ve enjoyed Medium from the very start. It would be a terrible misjustice to remove it from TV. Please keep the stories coming.

6. Donna says

Inever miss an episode…it’s so realistic with those little girls. However, I’d give anything to meet a guy like Joe!
    I saw the real Allison Dubois on Oprah and it made Medium all the more real and intriguing….have all the episodes happened in real life ?
    Please expose Medium with more commercials etc.

7. Christena says

What a terrific show! I don’t typically watch a lot of television – hardly ever – but once I saw an episode of Medium I was hooked. I never miss an episode, even if it means going to bed late and being sleepy at work the following day! I truly hope that it continues for years to come.

8. says

I love Medium tv shows. That is awesome. I am impress of Medium. I like more active tv show. Please do not cancel Medium tv show. one chance to be contiume Medium tv show (four season) Please.
    Thank you very much.